Dez Signs with Saints

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Seriously?
So everything you talk about you care about? Mm K.
Actually, yes. Why would I talk about something I didn't care about? Now, there may be degrees of how much I care. But I just don't understand how you can talk about something you don't care about.
Again, maybe there's a way you can. That's why I asked if you can explain how it's possible. You may be smarter than I and have conceived of such a way that I'm missing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, yes. Why would I talk about something I didn't care about? Now, there may be degrees of how much I care. But I just don't understand how you can talk about something you don't care about.
Again, maybe there's a way you can. That's why I asked if you can explain how it's possible. You may be smarter than I and have conceived of such a way that I'm missing.

No, no he isn't.

The irony continues to be lost on him.
:facepalm:

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
If Romo went to another team I know some “fans” would have switched teams lol.
Switched team or just followthe player, I followed Ware when he went to Denver, I didn’t follow Murray when he went to philly, I would have followed Romo if he went somewhere else, some of us have some favorite players that we want to see succeed even if they leave. Doesn’t mean I would root for their team over the Cowboys

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Why can't we be both. I don't think this team would be much different this year with Dez offensively and it was time to move on but he was still a really good player for us and I hope he does well there. Besides Dallas' season is over, gotta root for some one in the playoffs. lol
I'm sure some can be both, with Dez being a secondary interest. When "fans" are pulling for Dez over the Cowboys, they really aren't Cowboys fans. They are Dez fans.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
with there upcoming schedule I just don't see more than three wins the rest of the way I knew they weren't a playoff team in july this is bad team that has lost its way and the head coach has no idea how to fix what is wrong just like in 2015

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure some can be both, with Dez being a secondary interest. When "fans" are pulling for Dez over the Cowboys, they really aren't Cowboys fans. They are Dez fans.

Or maybe, just maybe, they disagree with the decisionmakers and the decisions that they're making? Among them to outright release Dez Bryant without even giving him the opportunity to accept a paycut or not?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Or maybe, just maybe, they disagree with the decisionmakers and the decisions that they're making? Among them to outright release Dez Bryant without even giving him the opportunity to accept a paycut or not?
You're smart enough to know the difference between a Dez-first fan and a Cowboys fan who simply disagrees with decision makers. Romo has his legion of Romo-first fans, too. Many times they are the same fan. It's not terribly difficult to spot the jilted ex-lovers. As a matter of fact, it's painfully obvious who they are.

birdwells1

Reaction score
You're smart enough to know the difference between a Dez-first fan and a Cowboys fan who simply disagrees with decision makers. Romo has his legion of Romo-first fans, too. Many times they are the same fan. It's not terribly difficult to spot the jilted ex-lovers. As a matter of fact, it's painfully obvious who they are.
It's also not hard to see the abused spouse that makes excuses for the beatings or matter of fact defend the beater.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If they're posting here at all, they care enough to be Cowboys fans first and foremost. I'm smart enough to know that.

Everything else is just disagreement over a particular topic.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If they're posting here at all, they care enough to be Cowboys fans first and foremost. I'm smart enough to know that.

Everything else is just disagreement over a particular topic.
I think if they are honest with themselves, they are truly ex-fans but just won't come out and admit it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Switched team or just followthe player, I followed Ware when he went to Denver, I didn’t follow Murray when he went to philly, I would have followed Romo if he went somewhere else, some of us have some favorite players that we want to see succeed even if they leave. Doesn’t mean I would root for their team over the Cowboys

Well.. For this years sake I will be cheering for the Saints to beat us unless we miraculously get back in the thick of things.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That tells us something.

It also tells us to expect Bryant to get a healthy amount of targets.

That situation, that quarterback, and that team was just what the doctor ordered for Dez.

After a long stretch, he's come out of this adversity smelling like a rose.

Obviously playing with Brees and a prolific passing offense is an exciting opportunity for Dez, but there are things to consider that could potentially work against him coming out smelling like a rose. First is he is not, and will not be, the #1 receiver, and will not be targeted as such. Second is the Saints are playing very well this year, and aren't likely to risk disrupting that by trying to force too much to a new guy. Finally, they have a lot of weapons, including solid RBs who also catch a lot of passes, and Brees has always been one to spread the ball around. The result of all this is there is a possibility Dez may not get the quantity of targets that could help set him up for a big opportunity and big payday next season.

Reactions: G2