Dez Sucks

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terrible analogy
Is it?

Thousands of golfers think they could be great eventually because they hit a couple of great shots per round.

In reality consistency is the key to winning. Those guys that win long drive contests don't play on the PGA tour.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I've never heard Dez say he's not getting the ball enough or that he needs more targets. It seems you have conviently ignored any audio from the sidelines. So there's that
So I actually have to "hear" it myself now? Wow if that is your standard then I am betting you are a little niave.
Here is just one instance: https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/dez-bryant-tantrum-tony-romo-cowboys/amp

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
So I actually have to "hear" it myself now? Wow if that is your standard then I am betting you are a little niave.
Here is just one instance: https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/ftw.usatoday.com/2013/10/dez-bryant-tantrum-tony-romo-cowboys/amp

Hmm did you bother to even listen to the audio from that sideline deal? I'm just curious? Because when it was released it was entirely different then what was "seen". But hey keep pushing the narrative, and maybe you shouldn't believe everything you "read". You're the one being niave.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Hmm did you bother to even listen to the audio from that sideline deal? I'm just curious? Because when it was released it was entirely different then what was "seen". But hey keep pushing the narrative, and maybe you shouldn't believe everything you "read". You're the one being niave.
That's just one, but not worth the argument. But OK then dez won't mind seeing the ball much less I guess, and THAT was the point of my post. dak needs to look at dez as just another wr. Throw to whoever is open

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
That's just one, but not worth the argument. But OK then dez won't mind seeing the ball much less I guess, and THAT was the point of my post. dak needs to look at dez as just another wr. Throw to whoever is open
Hey I was completely wrong and my proof was the opposite of what I claimed, but the point still stands. Good argument.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
wait most offensive plays do not have every receiver going 10 plus yards down the field, in the NFL passing game is about spacing, timing, scheme. If we had everyone going "deep" Dak would have retired after the game for the beating he took waiting on every long route to develop.
Im talking about when it's 3rd and 6 and Witten stops about a yard short. That has nothing to do with his route that's either he's just not fast enough to get to the sticks or just unaware. There's no excuse for it.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
My issue with Dez is he always needs reminders of how great he can be. I'm sure he'll be on his top game Sunday but only because of his pride and not because he wants to be the best ever.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I am not a Dez hater at all. But I will say he is not a consistently good receiver. He takes plays off, drops easy passes, and runs lazy routes. Almost the opposite of Jerry Rice. And Sunday night was a poor performance by him. With that said, he is a play maker and intermixed with the bad is the great plays he makes. He is tough to rely on as a #1 because he isn't consistent play to play. At this juncture, Romo knows how to play to Dez's strengths and Dak is still struggling with that. We do need another WR in the draft. Williams is ok but not a true #2 in today's NFL. Maybe a guy who can put some fear in defenses with speed and athleticism. Not sure if there are any WRs like that coming out but it would be great to get a guy who can give DBs a reason not to focus on Dez. Teams seem content letting Williams beat them. Butler seems like he has the tools, but he isn't taking advantage of some great opportunities to step up.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Let me clarify, I have seen Dez throw many fits on the sideline and even some where he is not that states disappointment and obviously based on what is going on, it is not hard to figure out what it is. I have heard Jason Garrett explain away some of this as passion for the game or what ever. You can say none of that is him complaining about number of balls whatever...... That's fine. I am just trying to make my point that Dak shouldn't worry about forcing it to Dez as it is obvious at times he does do. Is that because dez is asking for more or cause the media pressure on why dez is not being thrown to more - I am not 100% sure but that is just logistics.

My point was for Dak to play his game and spread the ball out. Don't forcefeed it to Dez to justify contract or to make him happy, rather keep this offense moving by getting it to that open guy. That is what I meant by my point. Not really whether or not dez is really complaining.
And just so we are clear, I like dez. There are some things I wonder about like why he struggles to get separation at times, but I am good with dez.
Hope that clarifies it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Let me clarify, I have seen Dez throw many fits on the sideline and even some where he is not that states disappointment and obviously based on what is going on, it is not hard to figure out what it is. I have heard Jason Garrett explain away some of this as passion for the game or what ever. You can say none of that is him complaining about number of balls whatever...... That's fine. I am just trying to make my point that Dak shouldn't worry about forcing it to Dez as it is obvious at times he does do. Is that because dez is asking for more or cause the media pressure on why dez is not being thrown to more - I am not 100% sure but that is just logistics.

My point was for Dak to play his game and spread the ball out. Don't forcefeed it to Dez to justify contract or to make him happy, rather keep this offense moving by getting it to that open guy. That is what I meant by my point. Not really whether or not dez is really complaining.
And just so we are clear, I like dez. There are some things I wonder about like why he struggles to get separation at times, but I am good with dez.
Hope that clarifies it.

Has he done it this year?

I mean if not then your complaints about how he was in 2013 are immaterial. All I learn from your post is that you are one to hold a grudge and has trouble letting go.

Never mind the rebuttals which you have no answer for you your initial take.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
It has already been mentioned why Dez is good but not great. You can't be great when you pick and choose which routes you want to run hard. But the worst offense, to me, was during the game after he fumbles that catch which pretty much sealed the loss, he was on the bench smiling. Now, I'm not saying he was happy by any means, but you don't smile after you cost the team the game. Imagine Irvin smiling after turning the ball over at a critical point.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Has he done it this year?

I mean if not then your complaints about how he was in 2013 are immaterial. All I learn from your post is that you are one to hold a grudge and has trouble letting go.

Never mind the rebuttals which you have no answer for you your initial take.
Guess you didn't read what I wrote.

I hold no grudge against Dez. Didn't you read what I wrote. Besides, this turned into more of a horse coral then a simple discussion so discussion over

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Guess you didn't read what I wrote.

I hold no grudge against Dez. Didn't you read what I wrote. Besides, this turned into more of a horse coral then a simple discussion so discussion over

You can make whatever generalized statements that you want but complaining about things that Dez hasn't done in over two years is what it is: a grudge.

The discussion is over for you maybe.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Disagree. Other WRs don't have Bryant's ability to make contested catches. You have to take advantage of that. If you're waiting for great separation before making Bryant part of the game he might as well not be on the roster.

If someone's on Terrance WIlliams' hip I'm not throwing him the ball. If someone's on Dez Bryant's hip I might. He's still open because of that rare ability to make those contested catches.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
You can make whatever generalized statements that you want but complaining about things that Dez hasn't done in over two years is what it is: a grudge.

The discussion is over for you maybe.
OK so complaining about what dez has done? Is that the center part of the point I was trying to make? If you say yes, then either you didn't read or are not comprehending and for that I can't help you.

Whether he did it this year or 10 years ago is not MY point, maybe you three should discuss this together.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Disagree. Other WRs don't have Bryant's ability to make contested catches. You have to take advantage of that. If you're waiting for great separation before making Bryant part of the game he might as well not be on the roster.

If someone's on Terrance WIlliams' hip I'm not throwing him the ball. If someone's on Dez Bryant's hip I might. He's still open because of that rare ability to make those contested catches.
Now this is good post. I do agree that he make some great contested catches, but think we need not try so hard

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
OK so complaining about what dez has done? Is that the center part of the point I was trying to make? If you say yes, then either you didn't read or are not comprehending and for that I can't help you.

Whether he did it this year or 10 years ago is not MY point, maybe you three should discuss this together.
Did your account get hacked? Because someone posting under your name made complete inaccuracies the primary support for your flimsy argument. Shouldn't be surprised when the rest caves.