Dez sued by Senator over 60k home damages

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This guy is a complete clown. Save for his incredible football skills he would be in jail. Probably rented the house with him and his possy and trashed the place. Talk about low class. I would trade this guy for any young defensive stud in a second.

The great leader and role model Dez Bryant. Worth every penny. :huh:

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
This guy is a complete clown. Save for his incredible football skills he would be in jail. Probably rented the house with him and his possy and trashed the place. Talk about low class. I would trade this guy for any young defensive stud in a second.

Athletes are not role models. Let's keep this about football.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Link:

http://thescoopblog.***BANNED-URL**...ued-over-60000-in-damage-to-rental-home.html/

xvendettax914

Reaction score
Non story, really. Typical end of lease back and forth between renter and tenant. Dez will likely have to pay (not sure why he believes it's not his responsibility), but $60,000 is a drop in the bucket for Dez.

yeah, this article was not nearly what i thought it was going to be going in.

perrykemp

Reaction score
"West discovered the 6,400-square-foot home “littered with trash and feces, missing blinds and shutters, with cracked windows and blackened carpeting” after Bryant moved out in January, and his lawyers say Bryant refuses to accept responsibility for the damage."

Littered with Feces?

Are we to assume maybe the home didn't have functional plumbing? ;)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Non story, really. Typical end of lease back and forth between renter and tenant. Dez will likely have to pay (not sure why he believes it's not his responsibility), but $60,000 is a drop in the bucket for Dez.

It sounds like maybe his contention was that the damage happened after he quit the residence, since they're talking about him not having a representative at the inspection. Either way, with a rental contract in place, these disputes tend to be pretty cut-and-dry. Whoever's responsible for the property at the time of the damage is going to be the one paying for it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"West discovered the 6,400-square-foot home “littered with trash and feces, missing blinds and shutters, with cracked windows and blackened carpeting” after Bryant moved out in January, and his lawyers say Bryant refuses to accept responsibility for the damage."

Littered with Feces?

Like we don't all have feces in some of the rooms in our houses. Don't get all holier-than-thou on us, perry. When you gotta go, you gotta go.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Littered with Feces?

I was pretty much a slob before I got married, but I don't every remember pooping on the floor so I think Dez has me beat.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Littered with Feces?

It was probably monkey feces.

Sydla

Reaction score
Athletes are not role models. Let's keep this about football.

Immaturity off the field often leads to problems on it.

It's why you sometimes can't separate talent from the fact a guy might have a ten cent head.

I like Bryant, but if this story is true, once again you have to call into question how mature he is.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

um..............sorry, I rent homes and I have also rented plenty. No one has even come close nor I of doing 60k in damages. You pretty much have to destroy rugs, floors, walls, paint, ect.....ect.....

robjay04

Reaction score
Prime time athletes like Dez are role models whether they like it or not. They have a responsibility.

And this is a court case, I'm sure Dez has his side of the story as well.

The OP taking this as an opportunity to bash Dez as a human being and talking about trading him is completely absurd and obviously posted with an agenda. Dez is passionate on the sideline but he hasn't had hardly any off the field issues since he has joined the team and nothing to report about since his second year in the league.