Dez sued by Senator over 60k home damages

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would be concerned if it were my kid, because I'm a parent and raising good people is my job as a parent. Or because it's my kid and I would want to protect him against a frivolous complaint, depending on the circumstances. But Dez Bryant is not my kid.

I would be somewhat less concerned if a friend were involved in the situation, but I'd still be sympathetic to the friend if he or she were involved in a frivolous law suit of if he or she lacked judgment or respect for property as that's an indication of someone's temperament. But Dez Bryant is not my friend.

If I had a co-worker involved in a contractual dispute over a rental agreement, I would not be concerned at all. That's his business. What would matter to me is whether or not the coworker can do the job he was hired to do. That's all. If he does his job and goes home and has a feces-fight with his pet monkey every night, more power to him.

I guess it's maybe just the way I look at things because over the years I've learned to distinguish the difference between my children, my friends, my co-workers, and people who happen to play on my favorite football team. If that makes my analysis 'horrible' in your expert evaluation, well, I'll just have to struggle to come to terms with that somehow.

You misunderstanding what Garrett has explicitly said about RKGs for the however-manyeth time has nothing to do with the topic, so I'll just let that one lie again.

There is no multiple definitions of RKG. Its a very standard term and its very obvious what it means. A blue collar, hard nosed football player that works his butt off, loves the game and is a leader and great person on and off the field.

Wow, so Dez isnt your kid? LOL

Really? I didnt know that.

Whether its my employees, friends, family members, associates, ect......ect.... I am always some what concerned about how they live their lives and who they screw over or what kind of scum bags they are in general. What you do in your personal life typically rears its head in your professional life. If you cant understand that principal then that is your own problem. You can bet that Jerry Jones and your hero Garrett are not happy about it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no multiple definitions of RKG. Its a very standard term and its very obvious what it means. A blue collar, hard nosed football player that works his butt off, loves the game and is a leader and great person on and off the field.

Wow, so Dez isnt your kid? LOL

Really? I didnt know that.

Whether its my employees, friends, family members, associates, ect......ect.... I am always some what concerned about how they live their lives and who they screw over or what kind of scum bags they are in general. What you do in your personal life typically rears its head in your professional life. If you cant understand that principal then that is your own problem. You can bet that Jerry Jones and your hero Garrett are not happy about it.

Go back and read what the coach says about what they look for in players. I'm tired of debating it with posters who want to simplify it in order to complain about it. But by any reasonable definition, Dez Bryant is the right kind of guy for this team.

And people compartmentalize their private and professional lives much better than you suggest. Even if you weren't jumping to conclusions again about a situation where you're not able to glean a complete picture of what happened from a story you skimmed on the internet.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go back and read what the coach says about what they look for in players. I'm tired of debating it with posters who want to simplify it in order to complain about it. But by any reasonable definition, Dez Bryant is the right kind of guy for this team.

No question about it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

And people compartmentalize their private and professional lives much better than you suggest. Even if you weren't jumping to conclusions again about a situation where you're not able to glean a complete picture of what happened from a story you skimmed on the internet.

Your the guy that is trying to convince me that renting a house and leaving feces around the place is no big deal. I have to question anything you say going forward.

RKG is a complete joke. Quite frankly Im just as tired of hearing guys like you champion the term when its quite obvious that the Cowboys will go out and sign or draft non RKG's whenever they want.

Who cares if they want RKG's? They obviously dont adhere to it so it means nothing. Everyone looks for choir boy leaders. The Cowboys are known for taking risks on troubled players more than any other team.

Dez Bryant is and mental midget and a immature fool. He is 100% not a RKG.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your the guy that is trying to convince me that renting a house and leaving feces around the place is no big deal. I have to question anything you say going forward.

RKG is a complete joke. Quite frankly Im just as tired of hearing guys like you champion the term when its quite obvious that the Cowboys will go out and sign or draft non RKG's whenever they want.

Who cares if they want RKG's? They obviously dont adhere to it so it means nothing. Everyone looks for choir boy leaders. The Cowboys are known for taking risks on troubled players more than any other team.

Dez Bryant is and mental midget and a immature fool. He is 100% not a RKG.

You're certainly entitled to that opinion. Knock yourself out with it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You're certainly entitled to that opinion. Knock yourself out with it.

Here, let me make this simpler. Are the following players RKG's by Jason Garretts definition of RKG?

Rolando McClain
Joseph Randle
Randy Gregory
The Kraken
Dez Bryant

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would be concerned if it were my kid, because I'm a parent and raising good people is my job as a parent. Or because it's my kid and I would want to protect him against a frivolous complaint, depending on the circumstances. But Dez Bryant is not my kid.

I would be somewhat less concerned if a friend were involved in the situation, but I'd still be sympathetic to the friend if he or she were involved in a frivolous law suit of if he or she lacked judgment or respect for property as that's an indication of someone's temperament. But Dez Bryant is not my friend.

If I had a co-worker involved in a contractual dispute over a rental agreement, I would not be concerned at all. That's his business. What would matter to me is whether or not the coworker can do the job he was hired to do. That's all. If he does his job and goes home and has a feces-fight with his pet monkey every night, more power to him.

I guess it's maybe just the way I look at things because over the years I've learned to distinguish the difference between my children, my friends, my co-workers, and people who happen to play on my favorite football team. If that makes my analysis 'horrible' in your expert evaluation, well, I'll just have to struggle to come to terms with that somehow.

You misunderstanding what Garrett has explicitly said about RKGs for the however-manyeth time has nothing to do with the topic, so I'll just let that one lie again.

How about this question?

Would you rent your house out to Dez Bryant?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not without knowing more about what happened in this case. But that's not relevant to football.

Do you think that Dez's off the field behavior and his issues were relevant when they were structuring his new contract?

Do you think they were relevant when Jones decided to pay someone to baby sit Dez his first 4 years with the Cowboys?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you think that Dez's off the field behavior and his issues were relevant when they were structuring his new contract?

Do you think they were relevant when Jones decided to pay someone to baby sit Dez his first 4 years with the Cowboys?

Gah. Of course 'off the field behavior' is relevant. It is for every player. Do you think you're able to separate 'relevant off field behavior' from 'stuff you read a few sentences about on the internet without any real idea what your talking about'?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Gah. Of course 'off the field behavior' is relevant. It is for every player. Do you think you're able to separate 'relevant off field behavior' from 'stuff you read a few sentences about on the internet without any real idea what your talking about'?

Gah. Of course 'off the field behavior' is relevant. It is for every player.

Right, so stop saying it has nothing to do with football.

LOL............so are you under the assumption that all those damages are a lie? The pictures are fake? Dez never stayed there? You have to be joking me with this garbage you are spewing.

Is the lawsuit not real? Its a fake lawsuit. The article was all made up right?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

So you are claiming that all these are lies? Dont open your mouth about me not knowing what I am talking about when there are direct quotes from the landlord as to the damage. The law suit has been filed and is FACT. And this was the guy that was good friends with Bryant and was mentoring him the first few years. How naive can you possibly be?

The house was “littered with trash and feces, missing blinds and shutters, with cracked windows and blackened carpeting” after Bryant moved out in February, according to court papers filed by Sen. Royce West that were obtained by the Dallas Morning News. Bryant began renting the 6,400-square-foot mansion — which boasts a tennis court, swimming pool and gourmet kitchen — in August 2013 from West, who previously “was part of an informal support group of prominent residents created to mentor Bryant and keep him out of trouble,” the Morning News reports, and served as Bryant’s attorney in a 2014 domestic violence case involving Bryant’s mother.

West claims he found “irreparable damage to carpeting, flooring, windows, shutters, and blinds; the presence of animal feces, trash, debris, and personal property inside the residence; and distinct and pervasive odors throughout” when he conducted a walk-through of the house after Bryant vacated it. West had to repaint the entire house, clean or replace all of the flooring and carpeting, replace the home security system, replace doors and windows and perform an extensive cleaning, and was unable to rent it as a result. He is seeking between $100,000 and $200,000 in the lawsuit.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Here you go..............there is even a nice slide show detailing the damage and the mess. Educate yourself before you start insulting someone.

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/nfl/cowb...caused-60k-in-damage-to-rental-home/252531720

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Here are MORE facts for you to mull over. Dez Bryant, what a guy!!!! Definitely the RKG for this team. And none of it matters at all right? Because he can catch the football.

Back in 2014, with Bryant and the Cowboys negotiating a new contract, it was reported the police came to Bryant's house six times.

Cowboys employees told the Morning News at the time "they were concerned about Bryant's living arrangements" and believed "up to 10 people were living at the home."

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
60K for damages? drop in the bucket for Dez besides everyone here knows this senator wanted to party
like a Cowboy, so he got treated to a night of how we do it best - no worries