Dez supposedly close to deal

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
All I know is the FO told us that they didn't need a #1 WR when they cut Dez. Now months later they gave away a #1 draft pick to get a #1. If Dez was still here we'd still have that pick. Didn't look like Cooper helped us much Sunday night. Oh well what's done is done. Cooper's a good WR but he isn't going to help us much until the coaches and Qb changes.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
All I know is the FO told us that they didn't need a #1 WR when they cut Dez. Now months later they gave away a #1 draft pick to get a #1. If Dez was still here we'd still have that pick. Didn't look like Cooper helped us much Sunday night. Oh well what's done is done. Cooper's a good WR but he isn't going to help us much until the coaches and Qb changes.
Please know more.

Dez proclaimed he wouldn't take a pay cut before getting cut and then proclaimed he was always willing to take a pay cut after getting cut. @Aviano90 posted a link to an article about it in a thread that was recently deleted. History is history. Perhaps one day we can all move on.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Please know more.

Dez proclaimed he wouldn't take a pay cut before getting cut and then proclaimed he was always willing to take a pay cut after getting cut. @Aviano90 posted a link to an article about it in a thread that was recently deleted. History is history. Perhaps one day we can all move on.
I'm not talking about money. I'm talking about needing a #1 WR. Dez wasn't the issue. Then the FO had to backtrack again. Anyway it's over now. Hopefully they get rid of Garrett soon so this team can really rebuild.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'm not talking about money. I'm talking about needing a #1 WR. Dez wasn't the issue. Then the FO had to backtrack again. Anyway it's over now. Hopefully they get rid of Garrett soon so this team can really rebuild.
Agree. I don't like Dez...never have and never will...but I didn't think he should be cut once I saw what Watkins got in free agency. The market had been reset on WRs and Dez's $12.5 million was looking more like a deal than him being overpriced. I'd still rather have Dez at $12.5 million and keep our #1 draft pick. Having to acquire Cooper has taken away my excitement through the off season. About the only thing that can get it back is Garrett being fired.

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Agree. I don't like Dez...never had and never will...but I didn't think he should be cut once I saw what Watkins got in free agency. The market had been reset on WRs and Dez's $12.5 million was looking more like a deal than him being overpriced. I'd still rather have Dez at $12.5 million and keep our #1 draft pick. Having to acquire Cooper has taken away my excitement through the off season. About the only thing that can get it back is Garrett being fired.
That's about the only excitement I have. This team can easily go 4-12 or 5-11 and we have no top 10 draft pick. The only thing to look forward to is Garrett's firing.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dez was "an" issue.

But, more importantly, I wholeheartedly agree regarding the overdue puppet toss that needs to happen.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Please know more.

How sad that you don't understand posturing in the media. I mean, seriously....:facepalm:.
Dez didn't WANT to take a paycut. Of course, he is going to act like he expects to be paid his full salary. If you're negotiating on a car price, you don't tell them you're willing to pay MSRP before you start the negotiations.

The fact is the Cowboys never asked him to take a pay cut. He can't refuse what he is never asked to do.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
How sad that you don't understand posturing in the media. I mean, seriously....:facepalm:.
Dez didn't WANT to take a paycut. Of course, he is going to act like he expects to be paid his full salary. If you're negotiating on a car price, you don't tell them you're willing to pay MSRP before you start the negotiations.

The fact is the Cowboys never asked him to take a pay cut. He can't refuse what he is never asked to do.
Oh.

So we went from Dez never refused to take a pay cut to dude don't you know it was just posturing.

Eventually we'll get there. :thumbup:

Verdict

Reaction score
Don't forget the supertroll @Verdict

You guys are a bunch of Dez Fan Boi pansies. You can't handle that Dez is a couch potato.

Don't hold your breath yet. Dez still hasn't been signed yet. And you KNOW you are one of the people who thought Dez would get a pay raise when we cut him and there would be a line around the corner to sign him.

You guys were wrong about all of that. Nothing that happens after this will change that.

Dez could eventually be signed by someone at some point. But none of you Dez Fan Bois in your wildest dreams ever thought Dex would be sitting on his couch this long.

I don't think Dez will stick anywhere long term if he gets signed. His route running is too poor and he's too lazy minded to stick around anywhere for too long.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Oh.

So we went from Dez never refused to take a pay cut to dude don't you know it was just posturing.

Eventually we'll get there. :thumbup:

He didn't refuse a paycut. It was never offered. I did not change my position.

He told the media he wouldn't, but he never refused one. Do you not understand the difference? Are you truly that dense?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You guys are a bunch of Dez Fan Boi pansies. You can't handle that Dez is a couch potato.

Don't hold your breath yet. Dez still hasn't been signed yet. And you KNOW you are one of the people who thought Dez would get a pay raise when we cut him and there would be a line around the corner to sign him.

You guys were wrong about all of that. Nothing that happens after this will change that.

Dez could eventually be signed by someone at some point. But none of you Dez Fan Bois in your wildest dreams ever thought Dex would be sitting on his couch this long.

I don't think Dez will stick anywhere long term if he gets signed. His route running is too poor and he's too lazy minded to stick around anywhere for too long.

You have literally been wrong about everything regarding Dez to this point. Tell us again about addition by subtraction.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

I think it's amazing that a "lazy" player who can't run routes, is the leading TD receiver in the history of the Dallas Cowboys.
What are the odds?

DFWJC

Reaction score
To their credit, they did at least verbally admit that they were wrong.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Let's see how much ol Dezzie signed for.....

Lol

Bring it.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Yum
Has he even been signed yet? Today is a pretty important day in terms of game planning. Even if Dez won't play this weekend, being around to start learning the concept would be vital. Not sure what the delay is.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I dont care about that mans money, I'm not a jealous little ***** like that. I am excited to see him on the field again.
I care.

5-7 mil max. Let's see it..lol

This goes back to pre April 13th when there was still an opportunity for him to remain a Dallas Cowboy and for you all to not be so butthurt for the past several months.

I do wish him well.. I won't bad mouth the guy. His time in Dallas was done. Hopefully the long time away has humbled him a bit. If so, the Saints got themselves nice new asset.
:thumbup: