Video: Dez vs Janoris Jenkins

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dez could've had a huge game but Dak was just off.

Dez is still elite. He may not get manufactured plays ran to him like Antonio Brown and others but the guy is a beast and is still elite.

He should finish as a top 5 WR in TD's caught this year and probably should've already had 2 in week 1.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
He needs to outgrow the jaw-jacking. He wastes so much energy on this stuff, he's exhausted by halftime.
There is another gear of competitiveness you can get to when the person guarding you is smack talking.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Janoris mugged and held him up and down the field. Dez out weighs him by about 30lbs which should have been in his advantage, he used to own this bum when he was with the Rams.

HomeBiscuit

Reaction score
There is another gear of competitiveness you can get to when the person guarding you is smack talking.

UF guy here. Janoris isn't exactly known for talking. Known for doggystyling. Toe up. Ask julio, aj green, or our own Dez now (who i'm pretty sure combined for 4 catches for 61 yards total over last 3 games vs Janoris)

Dez needs to learn some humility and pipe down. Only way he'll grow.

JBS

Reaction score
People complaining about PI need to give it a rest...it's a joke..it's Damn near impossible to play defense in this league as is..in addition, Dez was awarded a bogus PI anyway

Not arguing w the underlying point that Dez could have gone off, I agree w that..but people complaining about PI are just whining

visionary

Reaction score
Dez could've had a huge game but Dak was just off.

Dez is still elite. He may not get manufactured plays ran to him like Antonio Brown and others but the guy is a beast and is still elite.

He should finish as a top 5 WR in TD's caught this year and probably should've already had 2 in week 1.

If I had a nickel for every time this has been stated on CZ, I'd be rich behind my wildest dreams

Wake me up when Dez puts together several great games in a row and consistently shows up when needed like other elite WRs do unless doubled

Dez can be taken out of games when single covered by good CBs.

Dez is good not great
Get over it

CBs call out Dez before and after games and then shut him down

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The one accurate ball that Dak threw to Dez he broke a tackle and took it another 20 yards. He was open time and time again.

I like how Dez just said Jenkins was lucky, TO would of thrown Dak under the bus.

I didn't like the play-calling when we were down near the goal line on our opening drive, but Dak had Dez coming across the middle on second down and just threw the ball too high and then had him on third down when he rolled to the right and again threw too high. The funny thing is he also had him on first down and made a good throw, but Dez's leg got caught on Jenkins' thigh so he was unable to get two feet down.

Jstopper

Reaction score
If I had a nickel for every time this has been stated on CZ, I'd be rich behind my wildest dreams

Wake me up when Dez puts together several great games in a row and consistently shows up when needed like other elite WRs do unless doubled

Dez is good not great
Get over it

We can tell who obviously didn't watch the video. Go on somewhere

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Janoris mugged and held him up and down the field. Dez out weighs him by about 30lbs which should have been in his advantage, he used to own this bum when he was with the Rams.

He owned him Monday too but his QB was off.

Dez has another tough tough matchup this week that most WRs would struggle against. Even the elites.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
UF guy here. Janoris isn't exactly known for talking. Known for doggystyling. Toe up. Ask julio, aj green, or our own Dez now (who i'm pretty sure combined for 4 catches for 61 yards total over last 3 games vs Janoris)

Dez needs to learn some humility and pipe down. Only way he'll grow.

I'm not sure how you can watch that video and not come away saying that SHOULD have been way worse for Janoris. Not could have.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
He owned him Monday too but his QB was off.

Dez has another tough tough matchup this week that most WRs would struggle against. Even the elites.

Yep, seems the taller physical guys for the most part seem to give him trouble. Peterson did the first time they played, locked him down pretty good if I recall correctly.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score

Dez is good not great
Get over it

When does dez show up in clutch moments? Have you been watching the guy? He's a baller not a stat padder like obj.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Yeah Janoris can't cover Dez without interfering with him. I'm further convinced after watching that video. Running right into the receiver - although often not called - is PI whether you look back or not. The refs let it go often when you look up for the ball, but it's still PI.

Janoris played the fade very well. But most of those other plays Dez was either open or interfered with. Not that I blame Janoris for taking what the refs give him. Let's just not pretend he shut Dez down.