Video: Dez vs Janoris Jenkins

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
People complaining about PI need to give it a rest...it's a joke..it's Damn near impossible to play defense in this league as is..in addition, Dez was awarded a bogus PI anyway

Not arguing w the underlying point that Dez could have gone off, I agree w that..but people complaining about PI are just whining

Yeah who cares if the rules were broken? :rolleyes:

You can characterize so as to ridicule if it makes you feel better but the following is all true.

1) Contact past 5 yards of the los is illegal contact. The moment Jenkins read go he reached out and shoved Dez to the sideline all the way down the field.
2) A defender may handfight and jockey for position when the ball is in the air if he is looking for the ball. Jenkins was grabbing and pushing before the ball was in the air and before he turned to look for the ball.

Having an expectation that the rules are honored as rule of law is not whining. It is quite literally a underpinning of what this country was founded on. Anarchy is never the desired outcome.

erod

Reaction score
The shifting goalposts. You said Dez routinely fades in the 4th quarter. Suddenly, it's oh just not in the last two years. And if you think Dez wasn't talking smack the last two years with some "concerted" effort then you haven't been watching the Cowboys. You're literally just making things up and shifting the goalposts. I love how you try and pass off my stats as "drivel." Don't you hate it when facts get in the way of the point you're trying to make? Well most people do. You seem to just dismiss it as drivel.

But to play your game that Dez was better late in games just recently because he's been working on himself let's look back further (hint: I knew these facts and omitted them on purpose to trap you).

I already gave you his last two seasons. Let's look back further.

In 2014 his most productive quarter by TDs was the 4th.
In 2013 his most productive quarter by yards was the 4th and the 4th was his 2nd most produtive by TDs.
In 2012 his 3rd quarter was his most productive by yards (does not fit fading late narrative) and the 4th quarter was his most productive by TDs.
in 2011 his 4th quarter was his 2nd most productive by yards and TDs.
in 2010 his 4th quarter was his 2nd most productive by yards and most productive by TDs.

Now tell me again that Dez doesn't show up late in games. You're a liar or you're incompetent. I don't mean that as an insult. I'm just laying out the facts.
So Jason Garrett, Babe Laufenberg, Brad Sham, and countless other coaches and commentators are liars or incompetent, too? This isn't new news to anybody, except apparently, you.

You are obsessive about statistics. Those same trends are likely true about pretty much EVERY receiver. That's the way an NFL game flows. But there have been multiple situations where the Cowboys have actually sat Dez late in games because he's exhausted and dehydrated. They've blamed it largely on wasted energy before games and between snaps. That's not just my observation. That's what was actually reported.

Unlike you, I can see beyond numbers on a spreadsheet. I actually know what I'm watching.

You sit and stew and get yourself all lathered up inside this world of self-loathing vitriol, and it's really painful to witness.

Now, you can blather on and pick your sad little internet fights to compensate for whatever you're compensating for, but you'll do it without me. To the ignore list you go.

Proof

Reaction score
giants are a great defense, jenkins is a really good corner, cowboys are a conservative offense. the numbers are brutal, and arguing against them is difficult, that's why i don't bother. if you can't apply context to numbers or exercise critical (non disingenuous) thinking... knock yourself out

kumizi

Reaction score
yards are a true measure of where you stack up as a WR

id be surprised if Dez finishes top 10 in the league

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
He needs to outgrow the jaw-jacking. He wastes so much energy on this stuff, he's exhausted by halftime.

It's professional football, dude. You're going to have to get on that high horse and head home with that BS.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If I had a nickel for every time this has been stated on CZ, I'd be rich behind my wildest dreams

Wake me up when Dez puts together several great games in a row and consistently shows up when needed like other elite WRs do unless doubled

Dez can be taken out of games when single covered by good CBs.

Dez is good not great
Get over it

CBs call out Dez before and after games and then shut him down

Wooooooo....get over it!!! Online tough muscles are flexed.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
He needs to outgrow the jaw-jacking. He wastes so much energy on this stuff, he's exhausted by halftime.
This.
Watch all the other DC receivers. They don't let anyone get into their head, they just keep ballin, get up and hustle back to the huddle. They don't even look in the direction of the DB's trying to defend them or the refs. I love Dez and he has amazing talent but I think he loses concentration when he starts chattering and the rest of the league DB's know it as well.
I'll bet the Broncs use Talib on him this week and Talib is an artist with getting into WR's heads. All I have to say is Dez better behave and not draw a penalty because of his temper. Talib is nasty!!

Cmac

Reaction score
Agree.....Dez should simply come back to the huddle and go at it again. However, Jenkins was a candidate for mugging. To Jenkins defense....it ain't PI until its PI. Refs needed an optometrist visit during halftime.