Video: Dez vs Janoris Jenkins

The Natural

Reaction score
If I had a nickel for every time this has been stated on CZ, I'd be rich behind my wildest dreams

Wake me up when Dez puts together several great games in a row and consistently shows up when needed like other elite WRs do unless doubled

Dez can be taken out of games when single covered by good CBs.

Dez is good not great
Get over it

CBs call out Dez before and after games and then shut him down

"Wake me up when Dez shows up when needed like other elite WRs"

OBJ with 4 catches for 28 yards against the same defense the week before

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Dez could've had a huge game but Dak was just off.

Dez is still elite. He may not get manufactured plays ran to him like Antonio Brown and others but the guy is a beast and is still elite.

He should finish as a top 5 WR in TD's caught this year and probably should've already had 2 in week 1.

The truth is that Jenkins is a very good and very smart corner. He does just enough of grabbing and touching without getting a flag. That deep ball that Dez missed by a foot was incomplete because Jenkins grabbed dez by the hand and held it for two seconds and threw of the timing just enough. Dak was not at his best but Jenkins did cover and play well.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Dez could've had a huge game but Dak was just off.

He may not get manufactured plays ran to him like Antonio Brown and others but the guy is a beast and is still elite.

That's really unfortunate!

aikemirv

Reaction score
UF guy here. Janoris isn't exactly known for talking. Known for doggystyling. Toe up. Ask julio, aj green, or our own Dez now (who i'm pretty sure combined for 4 catches for 61 yards total over last 3 games vs Janoris)

Dez needs to learn some humility and pipe down. Only way he'll grow.

I personally don't like trash talking but word is that Jordan and Bird were 2 of the biggest trash talkers in NBA history......just sayin!

aikemirv

Reaction score
The one accurate ball that Dak threw to Dez he broke a tackle and took it another 20 yards. He was open time and time again.

I like how Dez just said Jenkins was lucky, TO would of thrown Dak under the bus.

The move that Dez made on that play left Jenkins flatfooted and 5 yards behind. Just another reason to use Dez a bit more like that!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
"Wake me up when Dez shows up when needed like other elite WRs"

OBJ with 4 catches for 28 yards against the same defense the week before

Yeah I just don't get it.

In our darkest hours as Cowboy fans Dez usually saves the day.

Even the "drop" in GB was total BS.

Reactions: CWR

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The truth is that Jenkins is a very good and very smart corner. He does just enough of grabbing and touching without getting a flag. That deep ball that Dez missed by a foot was incomplete because Jenkins grabbed dez by the hand and held it for two seconds and threw of the timing just enough. Dak was not at his best but Jenkins did cover and play well.

Jenkins is a great player.

Dak is the reason Jenkins didn't get lit up though.

Reaction score
Our offense doesn't run through Dez the way most teams run offenses when you have a star wideout. That being said, Dak overthrew an easy TD to Dez, Jenkins got away with a facemask on the fade that Dez didn't get both feet down, and there were at least 2 other times Dez beat Jenkins badly deep downfield and Dak just didn't go to him with the ball.

Dez dropped like 130 yards and 2 TDs in a massive playoff game for us in the most recent game he played before the Giants, so I don't know how anybody could think he wasn't ready to play this season.

This week in Denver is likely not going to be a big game for Dez either, but I wonder where the Dez haters are going to be when he ends the season with 12-14 TDs and 1200 yards once again(if he's healthy all year).

erod

Reaction score
Janoris mugged and held him up and down the field. Dez out weighs him by about 30lbs which should have been in his advantage, he used to own this bum when he was with the Rams.

In the last three games, Dez has 4 total catches against Jenkins.

erod

Reaction score
Yeah Janoris can't cover Dez without interfering with him. I'm further convinced after watching that video. Running right into the receiver - although often not called - is PI whether you look back or not. The refs let it go often when you look up for the ball, but it's still PI.

Janoris played the fade very well. But most of those other plays Dez was either open or interfered with. Not that I blame Janoris for taking what the refs give him. Let's just not pretend he shut Dez down.

Bottom line: last three meetings, Dez has four catches total against Janoris.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He and Jenkins were going at it after almost every play.

I guess I'm just comparing it to other receivers and how Dez was in previous years. I don't think its realistic for Jenkins to swipe Dez in his back and play him physical and just expect him to take it.