Dez Watch

Verdict

Reaction score
Its about two weeks before training camps open and still no contract even rumored for Dez. There has to be something strange going on here because I heard:

1. We will not cut Dez (wrong)
2. If Dez is cut teams will be lining up to snag him (very wrong)
3. If we cut him Dez will get a salary raise (appears to be wrong)
4. Teams are too busy to sign Dez because of the draft, as soon as that's over teams will have time to sign him (wrong)
5. He will sign closer to training camp. He is weighing his options (seems erroneous).
6. It doesn't look like he is going to be signed before training camp. Do all the teams realize how bad he is?
7. Will he sign before trIning camp, after training camp begins, or in mid season after a team suffers injuries? Or has he played his last down of football?
8. How long before the Dez Fan Bois swarm this thread like a flock of angry crows?

iamliko22

Reaction score
Its about two weeks before training camps open and still no contract even rumored for Dez. There has to be something strange going on here because I heard:

4. Teams are too busy to sign Dez because of the draft, as soon as that's over teams will have time to sign him (wrong)
5. He will sign closer to training camp. He is weighing his options (seems erroneous).
6. It doesn't look like he is going to be signed before training camp. Do all the teams realize how bad he is?
7. Will he sign before trIning camp, after training camp begins, or in mid season after a team suffers injuries? Or has he played his last down of football?
8. How long before the Dez Fan Bois swarm this thread like a flock of angry crows?

Why are you still thinking about dez?

Seriously..

Verdict

Reaction score
I really didnt think wed cut him and i thought for sure hed be signed by now.

But i get why they cut him. Not worth paying him that much money when he needs a qb like romo.

Yeah. I think you are spot on. I figured that was coming based on salary and Stephen's comments and attitude toward Dez (and Dez personal issues) but even the most ardent Dez basher would be giddy to see Dez still unsigned at this point in the year.

iamliko22

Reaction score
Why are you asking me why I am still discussing Dez getting cut? Why don't you talk about him not having a job instead?

I'm asking you because it's beyond trolling at this point...so its either you have a very miserable life... Are lonely... Have no real life friends.. Or dez for lack of better words smashed your gf. Saying this I realize I gave you exactly what you seem to only be able to get here on a cowboys forum.. Some attention. I will now check out and let you have your discussion.

Verdict

Reaction score
I'm asking you because it's beyond trolling at this point...so its either you have a very miserable life... Are lonely... Have no real life friends.. Or dez for lack of better words smashed your gf. Saying this I realize I gave you exactly what you seem to only be able to get here on a cowboys forum.. Some attention. I will now check out and let you have your discussion.

You sound so upset Dez. I'm sorry that the Cowboys cut you. Actually no I'm not. It was past time to cut you.

Keep putting that propaganda out there that you have offers. Some Dez Fan Boi may actually believe you!

Rayman70

Reaction score
LONG SIGH....ok,here it is AGAIN. Dez sabotaged DEZ. He continues to do so. He indeed needs training camp. He spurned Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens. That's proving to be near fatal career-wise. When you spurn a class act like Ozzie..that gets around FAST. It turns off GM'S. Dez is proving to be childish and unhinged and its affecting his career. Dez' best fit was in Dallas,period. But he proved to be lacking production and his lazy routes finally done him in. You can tolerate the temper tantrums and antics..IF and only if you produce on the field. So it stands to reason when his production steadily dropped, Dallas said ok, your no longer going to be here. Its business more or less. Dez had a chance at 1 last huge payday with Baltimore...and he flat out squandered that chance. THATS ON DEZ,NO ONE ELSE. Its time he take full responsibility for the fact he is jobless.

Verdict

Reaction score
LONG SIGH....ok,here it is AGAIN. Dez sabotaged DEZ. He continues to do so. He indeed needs training camp. He spurned Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens. That's proving to be near fatal career-wise. When you spurn a class act like Ozzie..that gets around FAST. It turns off GM'S. Dez is proving to be childish and unhinged and its affecting his career. Dez' best fit was in Dallas,period. But he proved to be lacking production and his lazy routes finally done him in. You can tolerate the temper tantrums and antics..IF and only if you produce on the field. So it stands to reason when his production steadily dropped, Dallas said ok, your no longer going to be here. Its business more or less. Dez had a chance at 1 last huge payday with Baltimore...and he flat out squandered that chance. THATS ON DEZ,NO ONE ELSE. Its time he take full responsibility for the fact he is jobless.

The Dez Fan Bois seem to think he has 31 teams clammoring for his services---and to give him a pay increase to come and play for them. I have one word for that---DELUSIONAL!!

ksadler1

Reaction score
It's kind of funny how Dez is nothing more than an after-thought anymore. The only time I even think about the guy is if someone mentions him. I honestly won't be surprised if nobody signs him. I hate to use the phrase "washed-up", but he's definitely not elite. TO took a while to fizzle out, so what does this say about Dez? The NFL GM's are changing when it comes to problem children...

Verdict

Reaction score
It's kind of funny how Dez is nothing more than an after-thought anymore. The only time I even think about the guy is if someone mentions him. I honestly won't be surprised if nobody signs him. I hate to use the phrase "washed-up", but he's definitely not elite. TO took a while to fizzle out, so what does this say about Dez? The NFL GM's are changing when it comes to problem children...

It's so fun to watch Dez not have a job after killing the Cowboys cap for three years.

ksadler1

Reaction score
It's so fun to watch Dez not have a job after killing the Cowboys cap for three years.

I'm really not meaning to dog Dez, but he is what he is. What he no longer is, is a Cowboy. I don't wish anything bad on him and I hope someone gives him a shot, but it won't be near the $$ he COULD have made here and it most likely won't be for a contender. He apparently didn't learn anything from Demarco Murray. Make no mistake though, Dez is on his way out of the NFL...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He turned down the Raven's immediate multi-year offer or this thread doesn't exist, so the OP's point is, at best, a load of tripe.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Not a huge Dez guy, but

Here's some things I heard:
  1. We will cut Dez (correct)
  2. Dez will get an offer soon after (correct but he turned it down)
  3. Teams will wait deeper into the preseason to make an offer to Dez (so far, correct...TBD)

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

The tape don't lie. He is slower and that does not bode well for a dude who is not technician.

Verdict

Reaction score
He turned down the Raven's immediate multi-year offer or this thread doesn't exist, so the OP's point is, at best, a load of tripe.

I don't think the offer ever existed. Your hero still doesn't have a job. That's not conjecture. That's a fact. No job. No prospect for a job. Needs a brain transplant.