Dez Watch

CPanther95

Reaction score
Its certainly plausible that it happened just like it was reported. But so much of that stuff is propaganda it is difficult to know how much of it is legitimate.

Well, even as a Dez hater that would love for him to be out of work, even you have to admit that it would be damned odd that multiple teams wouldn't find a place in their receiving corps for a player like Dez. The only thing that makes sense is that he's stalling for some reason.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are you still thinking about dez?

Seriously..

When people make bold guarantees, they need to be held accountable.

The Dez fan Boiz were nasty when anybody said Dez should or would be cut. They guaranteed it would not happened or if it did happen he would be immediately signed and get a raise.

Hopefully @Verdict continues to remind then they were wrong.

Hopefully he can add some other things to the next thread to keep it from being relegated to the drama zone.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
When people make bold guarantees, they need to be held accountable.

The Dez fan Boiz were nasty when anybody said Dez should or would be cut. They guaranteed it would not happened or if it did happen he would be immediately signed and get a raise.

Hopefully @Verdict continues to remind then they were wrong.

Hopefully he can add some other things to the next thread to keep it from being relegated to the drama zone.

Why are you promoting trolling?

I don't know who this small group (if they exist is) that guaranteed Dez wouldn't get cut or would get a raise, but assuming for a second that it did happen, the point has been made ad nauseum, and this is just idiotic trolling at this point and everyone here knows it. It shows an unhealthy obsession that is seriously troubling and implies those making these threads (and those supporting them) should really seek professional help (not trying to joke or be mean at all - dead serious about that).

Xelda

Reaction score
In the back of my mind, Dez is a legitimate offensive weapon that would be used against us. He's taken this personally and will out do himself if he plays against us. I hope he finds good people to surround himself with before he's bled dry financially by his current posse. I am concerned for him as a human being and former Cowboy.

landroverking

Reaction score
In the back of my mind, Dez is a legitimate offensive weapon that would be used against us. He's taken this personally and will out do himself if he plays against us. I hope he finds good people to surround himself with before he's bled dry financially by his current posse. I am concerned for him as a human being and former Cowboy.
But you can’t forget he’s a head case.

Sydla

Reaction score
Rappaport claims more than just a few teams have contacted him to talk. He told them he's not ready to sit down yet. Speculation is he wants to skip training camp.

Platinum Guarantee:D: He'll be on a roster for the Week 1 game.

This happens a lot. I think this is why Hankins is out there asking for a ton of cash that he knows he won't get. He doesn't want to go through OTAs and workouts.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, even as a Dez hater that would love for him to be out of work, even you have to admit that it would be damned odd that multiple teams wouldn't find a place in their receiving corps for a player like Dez. The only thing that makes sense is that he's stalling for some reason.
Or that his actions have made him seem like he's not worth the headache, and his play has been subpar for a while now.

Verdict

Reaction score

It's not odd at all. Lol. No one wants him!!

staubach24

Reaction score
I don't think the offer ever existed. Your hero still doesn't have a job. That's not conjecture. That's a fact. No job. No prospect for a job. Needs a brain transplant.
Just insert brain. No transplant necessary

staubach24

Reaction score
I really didnt think wed cut him and i thought for sure hed be signed by now.

But i get why they cut him. Not worth paying him that much money when he needs a qb like romo.

staubach24

Reaction score

And questionable as a weapon at this point.
What angers me so much about Dez is that he always had a great work ethic, but at the same time he had no interest in learning how to run a proper route. Dez was blessed with a body that was made to play wideout in the NFL, but when you watch him in isolation, he just runs out 10 to 15 yards and throws up his hands and says "toss it up, I'll get it." Opposing defensive backs fight with one another over who gets to cover him. He does not pose much of a threat, plain and simple.

CPanther95

Reaction score
What angers me so much about Dez is that he always had a great work ethic, but at the same time he had no interest in learning how to run a proper route. Dez was blessed with a body that was made to play wideout in the NFL, but when you watch him in isolation, he just runs out 10 to 15 yards and throws up his hands and says "toss it up, I'll get it." Opposing defensive backs fight with one another over who gets to cover him. He does not pose much of a threat, plain and simple.

Don't get me wrong. While I think there will be a few teams that want him on their roster, I don't think he's going to be thrilled about the offers. He'll pick the one that best lets him make a case to save face.

Pretty sure that's the real reason he wanted to go to a division rival. Not because of any real animosity with Jerry or the Cowboys, but because he knew a pay cut was coming and the revenge motive is something he can sell as to why he accepted "less than what he's worth ".

Shinaoi

Reaction score
He should be worried more about going to a place where he actually thinks he can put up a good season, that way he can get another contract the year after. Holding out for training camp isn’t a good start to that, if anything it’s a recipe for failure and really hurts his future paydays. Not really worth sitting out camp for.

kskboys

Reaction score
That is literally what he does on a ton of plays.

I would be more inclined to say he had great passion w/ a poor work ethic.

staubach24

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. While I think there will be a few teams that want him on their roster, I don't think he's going to be thrilled about the offers. He'll pick the one that best lets him make a case to save face.

Pretty sure that's the real reason he wanted to go to a division rival. Not because of any real animosity with Jerry or the Cowboys, but because he knew a pay cut was coming and the revenge motive is something he can sell as to why he accepted "less than what he's worth ".
He probably is waiting until the season
He should be worried more about going to a place where he actually thinks he can put up a good season, that way he can get another contract the year after. Holding out for training camp isn’t a good start to that, if anything it’s a recipe for failure and really hurts his future paydays. Not really worth sitting out camp for.
The man is just plain disillusioned about his talent and feels he is still a prime option in this league. Tony and he had a magical timing with that back shoulder throw. Dak doesn't have that talent.
That is literally what he does on a ton of plays.

I would be more inclined to say he had great passion w/ a poor work ethic.
Agreed

kskboys

Reaction score

IDK, man, w/ all the petty crapp he spewed, it sure does appear as if his primary motive was revenge for being cut.

I'm not sure about how many teams actually would want him on their roster. Some would pick him up and give him a shot, but as far as desiring his play, I'd say the number is pretty low.

staubach24

Reaction score

He probably is waiting until the season
The man is just plain disillusioned about his talent and feels he is still a prime option in this league. Tony and he had a magical timing with that back shoulder throw. Dak doesn't have that talent. Dez has to realize with age and injury, and a seeming lack of desire to improve his game in any way, he's gonna have to relent to a limited role and alot less pay