Twitter: Dez working out with Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All this talk about Dez coming back to the Cowboys will be put to rest if the team drafts a WR, especially in the first 3 rounds.
No it won’t. They only have two receivers who fire will make the team. Draft a receiver and that makes it 3....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No it won’t. They only have two receivers who fire will make the team. Draft a receiver and that makes it 3....

It won’t go away with the fans who are stubborn and can’t read what’s on the wall. The Cowboys aren’t going to stop the progress of their young WRs especially if they add another one in the draft, with an aging WR who hasn’t played football in 3 years and is coming off an Achilles injury. The team moved on from Dez 3 years ago. You can tell in the videos he’s posting that he’s lost his explosiveness.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
It won’t go away with the fans who are stubborn and can’t read what’s on the wall. The Cowboys aren’t going to stop the progress of their young WRs especially if they add another one in the draft, with an aging WR who hasn’t played football in 3 years and is coming off an Achilles injury. The team moved on from Dez 3 years ago. You can tell in the videos he’s posting that he’s lost his explosiveness.

Witten lost his explosiveness 10 years ago and still made plays. :lmao:

Batman1980

Reaction score
Dez had zero speed or route-running and then blew his Achilles. I doubt he could separate from most forum members right now. I do like Dak but expecting him to consistently throw open a poor route runner with no speed is probably asking too much.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I remember hearing people suggest that on this site. Seems like Dez’s problem was more so Garrett and/or Witten.

I don’t remember hostility being suggested. I remember-and believe it because it’s true-a lot of discussion about Dez not being a good fit for a QB like Dak because Dak doesn’t like to throw WRs jump balls and isn’t particularly good with the fade route and Dez can’t run the precise routes Dak seems to favor. I think that’s probably all true.

Until Dez can play Teams, he won’t be a fit here. This is Dak doing him a favor and keeping his name alive because he wants to play still. Someone might give him a shot, but at his age, temperament, and recent injury, it’s not very likely.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

you must be a ghost writer for CNN. 8)

Dak wouldn’t waste his time training with someone who couldn’t play football.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
OMG. Florio wants Dak to make a public apology for the photo with Dez and friends. Then he goes on to say the league should punish the players under the code of conduct. You can’t make this stuff up.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Last time we cut Dez he was slow, couldnt run routes, was a mental midget and was a loud mouth on the sidelines, and had bad chemistry with Dak. And he had an ruptured achilles injury.

I see those things getting worse two years off from football, not getting better.

He would still get the 1st down instead of always falling short like Jason Witten.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'd take a flyer on Dez but draft a wideout if a good one drops in our lap.