CFZ DFW Sports Media is all over this Front Office after Tyron Smith’s injury

phildadon86

Reaction score
I hear ya Bob, but do they ask him the hard questions and really get on him - like "as a GM you've barely got past the second round in 27 years, isn't that enough to convince you that maybe it time to give someone else a chance thats not named Jones?"
If someone asked that their career would be in jeopardy. Jerry has control of it all my friend

Jipper

Reaction score
That’s been evident for 27 years my friend. What made it abundantly clear to me was a family vacation the first week of FA a few years back. While other GMs were working on building their teams, our GM was working on his tan.

yeah I remember that…well, Father Time will also beat jerry at some point too…

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I know many of our fans on here have asked many times, “When is the local DFW sports media ever going to call out Jerry and this FO for its ineptitude?” Well it is happening today with the Tyron Smith’s injury and the FO’s lack of preparation or contingency plan for exactly this.

Headlines in the local newspapers and media outlets this morning:
  • “Cowboys unprepared after Smith’s Injury” (DMN)
  • “Cowboys can blame themselves for being hamstrung by Tyron Smith’s injury” (FW Star T)
Local Dallas sports radio station “The Ticket” had several commentators- Bob Sturm, Corby Davidson, Davey Lane, Norm Hitzges, and others ripping Jerry and the front office saying things like “This is embarrassing to have a front office this unprepared”, “Jerry’s optimism is not appropriate for a GM”, and “when will these guys ever learn”, etc.

The Ticket played clips of Jerry’s appearance on ESPN with Stephen A Smith and called it “flat out embarrassing”. The Ticket’s morning hosts George Dunham and Craig Miller, “The Musers” said, “Name another NFL GM who has time and is willing to do an ESPN morning show this time of year”.

I certainly hope we have a better answer for who is protecting our QBs blind side than an untested rookie who has never played a snap in pre-season as a LT or some other retread that no other NFL has even signed yet.

But this season’s success or failure once again comes down to this front office’s overly rosy outlook of best case scenarios only to have it blow two weeks before the season even starts. As Bob Sturm said cryptically today, “This guy never seems to learn anything.”

Heard a good observation today about Jerry. It's fine for the owner to be always optimistic about his team, but you don't want your GM thinking that way. Your GM needs to be thinking about what could go wrong and how can best to prepare for all of it, just in case. We both know why that's a problem in Dallas.

rags747

Reaction score
Bunch of Nancies, Kens and Karen’s. My God people pull up your panties, it’s embarrassing as all get out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know many of our fans on here have asked many times, “When is the local DFW sports media ever going to call out Jerry and this FO for its ineptitude?” Well it is happening today with the Tyron Smith’s injury and the FO’s lack of preparation or contingency plan for exactly this.

• “Cowboys can blame themselves for being hamstrung by Tyron Smith’s injury” (FW Star T)
Local Dallas sports radio station “The Ticket” had several commentators- Bob Sturm, Corby Davidson, Davey Lane, Norm Hitzges, and others ripping Jerry and the front office saying things like “This is embarrassing to have a front office this unprepared”, “Jerry’s optimism is not appropriate for a GM”, and “when will these guys ever learn”, etc.

The Ticket played clips of Jerry’s appearance on ESPN with Stephen A Smith and called it “flat out embarrassing”. The Ticket’s morning hosts George Dunham and Craig Miller, “The Musers” said, “Name another NFL GM who has time and is willing to do an ESPN morning show this time of year”.

I certainly hope we have a better answer for who is protecting our QBs blind side than an untested rookie who has never played a snap in pre-season as a LT or some other retread that no other NFL has even signed yet.

But this season’s success or failure once again comes down to this front office’s overly rosy outlook of best case scenarios only to have it blow two weeks before the season even starts. As Bob Sturm said cryptically today, “This guy never seems to learn anything.”

Sadly, this will only galvanize the stubborn and Jerry to stick to his guns so he can be proven right.

dogberry

Reaction score
What constitutes local media?
4 TV stations with local sports show?
2 major newspapers.
AP and UP?
Are there more than 2 radio stations with local talk?
Is their local sports coverage from a chain owning small local newspapers?
Weekly local mag/newspaper with sports guy?
Local independent sports figure with an internet presence?
How many national sports organizations have a local beat writer?
OKC and San Antonio papers once had a beat writer in DFW does the Austin American (is that Gannet?)?

Big_D

Reaction score
The media has zero effect on Jerry.
Only fans that spend their money do. And we have the stupidest fan base in the league.

JERRY
JERRY
JERRY

We Dem Boyz.

unfortunately this ship sailed when the stadium was built since they host many more events than they do football games!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It's nice to see the local press finally call out the FO. Don't know if it'll do any good though.
It will not matter a bit. Even bad publicity is good publicity.

The simple and undeniable fact is this.

RgwZTCN.jpg

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The Cowboys are worth a Bazillion dollars, I don't really think the Jones' care what anybody thinks. If this were the Iggles or Ravens, rest assured Fisher or somebody else would already be flown in to meet with ownership. Truth hurts

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is for you Jerry:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

RS12

Reaction score
Much harder to dupe the rubes for premium content if you dont play nice.

RS12

Reaction score
He would do anything to win....................................but he won't do THAT.
This means continuous increase in personal wealth and enormous ego fed with never ending media appearances. In Jerry's mind that is a big fat W.