CFZ DFW Sports Media is all over this Front Office after Tyron Smith’s injury

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Good. Him and his little boy, Stephen, should have their feet held to the fire at every turn. And honestly won’t change a thing, Jerry in particular when asked something difficult, will just babble incoherently. But they should be grilled about their comical ineptness every chance the media gets. From a football perspective, they are an abject embarrassment and total failure approaching 3 decades.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yet some of our fans have no issue with Jerry being on ESPN today. Right @Dre11 . Guess I’m not the only one who found this embarrassing. Or the only one who thinks Jerry is an idiot for not being prepared.

Exactly right, he has a personnel group that handles personnel. If you think him being on ESPN is the reason the team losing then you're more delusional than I thought.

Aven8

Reaction score
It took the local media 9 years to complain about JG and now they are complaining this soon?

GoldenR

Reaction score
ANYONE that has a franchise worth billions feels they do nothing wrong! I could own a taco stand and if I'm making BILLIONS nobody is going to tell me I need to use different cheese! That comment today about Tyron will be back for the playoffs?????????? Just comical. Thank goodness we have his son taking over down the road! Oh wait, what?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ANYONE that has a franchise worth billions feels they do nothing wrong! I could own a taco stand and if I'm making BILLIONS nobody is going to tell me I need to use different cheese! That comment today about Tyron will be back for the playoffs?????????? Just comical. Thank goodness we have his son taking over down the road! Oh wait, what?

We're Tanking and Jerry well you get the idea as loose lips sink ships.
Just be ready for the following in the upcoming off-season.
1.MM gone
2.Zeke gone.
3. Cowboy trade up and with the # 3 pick overall in the 2023 draft select QB @@@@ @@@@@
4. Dak is a pre-June 1st 2024 cut.

Micah and Lamb,Diggs,Smith,Williams are the new future of this team now.......

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Jerry is usually sensitive to outside/media criticism. Maybe enough to get serious about fixing the problem. I love the idea of trading for Tunsil. Only 28, with a reasonable contract. Has played LT and LG. Not to mention he and Dak were teammates at Ole Miss. In other words, he could buy us 4-5 years.

plymkr

Reaction score
it’s not THE reason, it’s one of many. His affinity for a microphone and attention is certainly part of the problem!
Yes he loves being a celebrity. Why worry about the product on the field if you're already rich and famous. He loves being in the spotlight and this is what drives him. He does not have that intense, competitive spirit that will drive him to win at all costs. A truly competitive person could not live with themselves losing for 25+ years. He's a satisfied business man. He's not a hungry, competitive, football man.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
"Is he a doctor?"
yes ! not only is he a doctor of everything, but he is a HC, GM, and resident witch doctor, and can see the future better than Nostradamus !
He is also a ring master and manager, and salesman! He has been selling the cowboys as contenders for over 25 years now and doing it
with great success !

Dre11

Reaction score
it’s not THE reason, it’s one of many. His affinity for a microphone and attention is certainly part of the problem!

It has absolutely no bearing on the players play on the field...stop

plymkr

Reaction score
1.MM gone
2.Zeke gone.
3. Cowboy trade up and with the # 3 pick overall in the 2023 draft select QB @@@@ @@@@@

Actually I thought about this today. If we stay put and go onto the season as is, then we will learn a lot about Dak. For instance Dak plays the best when we pound the ball, play ball control, and good defense. I guess that's true about everyone in the league but for Dak especially. If our offensive line sucks then we won't run the ball effectively. Zeke is better than his late 2021 performance but he's not good enough to compensate for a bad oline. So if defenses can stop the run with 6 then they can load up the secondary and force Dak to beat them. This will expose Dak's play one way or another. If Dak is exposed as a guy that can't read defenses well or throw receivers open then Dak is done.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I know many of our fans on here have asked many times, “When is the local DFW sports media ever going to call out Jerry and this FO for its ineptitude?” Well it is happening today with the Tyron Smith’s injury and the FO’s lack of preparation or contingency plan for exactly this.

Headlines in the local newspapers and media outlets this morning:
  • “Cowboys unprepared after Smith’s Injury” (DMN)
  • “Cowboys can blame themselves for being hamstrung by Tyron Smith’s injury” (FW Star T)
Local Dallas sports radio station “The Ticket” had several commentators- Bob Sturm, Corby Davidson, Davey Lane, Norm Hitzges, and others ripping Jerry and the front office saying things like “This is embarrassing to have a front office this unprepared”, “Jerry’s optimism is not appropriate for a GM”, and “when will these guys ever learn”, etc.

The Ticket played clips of Jerry’s appearance on ESPN with Stephen A Smith and called it “flat out embarrassing”. The Ticket’s morning hosts George Dunham and Craig Miller, “The Musers” said, “Name another NFL GM who has time and is willing to do an ESPN morning show this time of year”.

I certainly hope we have a better answer for who is protecting our QBs blind side than an untested rookie who has never played a snap in pre-season as a LT or some other retread that no other NFL has even signed yet.

But this season’s success or failure once again comes down to this front office’s overly rosy outlook of best case scenarios only to have it blow two weeks before the season even starts. As Bob Sturm said cryptically today, “This guy never seems to learn anything.”

They don't have to learn they have a franchise worth 8 billion! They are just playing with their toy which happens to be the Dallas Cowboys. Look at the clown on First Take today. Just having a grand ole time yuking it up on TV. Jerry is a celebrity and that's what's important to him. It goes way back when he told Jimmy that he wanted to be the one who announced the trades and be front and center. He is an attention ***** it's at it's peak now after all these years. The media and fans need to come down hard on this joke of an ownership.

DAL1180

Reaction score
Jerry is usually sensitive to outside/media criticism. Maybe enough to get serious about fixing the problem. I love the idea of trading for Tunsil. Only 28, with a reasonable contract. Has played LT and LG. Not to mention he and Dak were teammates at Ole Miss. In other words, he could buy us 4-5 years.
Didn't Dak go to Mississippi State?

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually I thought about this today. If we stay put and go onto the season as is, then we will learn a lot about Dak. For instance Dak plays the best when we pound the ball, play ball control, and good defense. I guess that's true about everyone in the league but for Dak especially. If our offensive line sucks then we won't run the ball effectively. Zeke is better than his late 2021 performance but he's not good enough to compensate for a bad oline. So if defenses can stop the run with 6 then they can load up the secondary and force Dak to beat them. This will expose Dak's play one way or another. If Dak is exposed as a guy that can't read defenses well or throw receivers open then Dak is done.

Dak can't score TD ok let's give a 1st to bring in Coop.
Dak needs protection NP we have 4 no 1 picks(Collins would have gone in the 1st) and a 2nd rounder on the line.
2 of the above-off lineman will be in the HOF one day.
Dak wants 160 million....Ok let's give him the money!
Dak needs more WR .....Ok let's draft Lamb to join Coop with our #1 pick.
Zeke isn't enough anymore Ok get Pollard to help out.
Dang Dak needs field position let's lead the league in defensive turnovers.

End result.......1 playoff win

Ya Dak is Done and Jerry isn't even going thru the motions of hiding it anymore!!!

GoldenR

Reaction score
1.MM gone
2.Zeke gone.

Will be interesting. Not gonna pay everyone, Micah, then............

JonesBoys

Reaction score
1.MM gone
2.Zeke gone.

Seems like we are always looking into the future with this franchise.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like we are always looking into the future with this franchise.
What else is there as the past 27 YEARS and present are depressing......hit me up in that future and let's see if I was wrong.
P.S.Forgot to add Hill DT as part of our future talented players to hopefully take this team to SB win # 6!