CFZ DFW Sports Media is all over this Front Office after Tyron Smith’s injury

Dre11

Reaction score
Six years ago.

Dre I respect your right to have that opinion and if you believe in the Jones FO that’s fine. But not every Cowboys fan does believe this Jones FO is competent. Count me among those that find the Jones boys embarrassing. We can have differing opinions, right? And I find that article about SJ from six years ago to be a little stale.

First of all, the article le wasn't posted to say they were competent or not, it was posted to show that Jerry isn't the lone decision maker anymore.
But I also find the whining stale, there's an easy solution

Mannix

Reaction score
and we fans, guys like Mike Fisher, keep feeding the beast. Whether we realize it or not, we are part of the issue as well. Because of the enabling. Its a viscous cycle.
Fisher likes to appear as if upset about what's going on, and appears to cast blame occasionally....but he makes every effort to staddle the fence enough to stay out of trouble....unlike Mickey who is flat out a unabashed bootlicker.

Mannix

Reaction score
I quit buying any Cowboys merchandise a couple of years ago, told anybody who might buy me a Christmas or birthday present to do so either.

Not going to solve anything of course but just my little protest...
I got suckered into buying a new hat in 2016....other than that, it's been probably 20 years since I've purchased anything....I knew what was going on with Booger VERY early on.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
No I don't whine and complain

And I don't look at the Cowboys over the last 20-plus years with rose colored glasses.

FACTS:
No Super Bowls for the last 26 seasons,
No NFC championship game appearances the last 26 seasons.
No advance past the second round of the playoffs the last 26 seasons.
No consecutive playoff appearance seasons since 2006-7.

Being realistic isn't whining, it's stating the obvious. Even if it is, it's better than being mediocre and trying to say it's not....

Dre11

Reaction score
And I don't look at the Cowboys over the last 20-plus years with rose colored glasses.

FACTS:
No Super Bowls for the last 26 seasons,
No NFC championship game appearances the last 26 seasons.
No advance past the second round of the playoffs the last 26 seasons.
No consecutive playoff appearance seasons since 2006-7.

Being realistic isn't whining, it's stating the obvious. Even if it is, it's better than being mediocre and trying to say it's not....

Nobody does , you're talking dumb. If you dont like what you see , move on. Easy fix. Why keep punishing yourself every year.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody does , you're talking dumb. If you dont like what you see , move on. Easy fix. Why keep punishing yourself every year.
Dre always remember- there are lots of fans who love the Cowboys but hate the results they’ve been getting. Telling fellow fans to “move on” is like asking a family member to leave the family.

Sometimes when you love your team you want them to do things better. And when you know who is primarily the cause for this team’s 27th straight year without even a divisional playoff win, it just doesn’t sit well with some fans. I’m not asking you to align with my opinion or “move on”. You are welcome to have your opinions about the Cowboys and so is every other Cowboys fan.

In other words, we all need to stop telling fellow fans how to be a fan.

Dre11

Reaction score
Dre always remember- there are lots of fans who love the Cowboys but hate the results they’ve been getting. Telling fellow fans to “move on” is like asking a family member to leave the family.

Sometimes when you love your team you want them to do things better. And when you know who is primarily the cause for this team’s 27th straight year without even a divisional playoff win, it just doesn’t sit well with some fans. I’m not asking you to align with my opinion or “move on”. You are welcome to have your opinions about the Cowboys and so is every other Cowboys fan.

In other words, we all need to stop telling fellow fans how to be a fan.

It's entertainment, if it hurts you that much move on . The way yall complain, I can't see how it's even remotely an enjoyable event each Sunday.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I know many of our fans on here have asked many times, “When is the local DFW sports media ever going to call out Jerry and this FO for its ineptitude?” Well it is happening today with the Tyron Smith’s injury and the FO’s lack of preparation or contingency plan for exactly this.

Headlines in the local newspapers and media outlets this morning:
  • “Cowboys unprepared after Smith’s Injury” (DMN)
  • “Cowboys can blame themselves for being hamstrung by Tyron Smith’s injury” (FW Star T)
Local Dallas sports radio station “The Ticket” had several commentators- Bob Sturm, Corby Davidson, Davey Lane, Norm Hitzges, and others ripping Jerry and the front office saying things like “This is embarrassing to have a front office this unprepared”, “Jerry’s optimism is not appropriate for a GM”, and “when will these guys ever learn”, etc.

The Ticket played clips of Jerry’s appearance on ESPN with Stephen A Smith and called it “flat out embarrassing”. The Ticket’s morning hosts George Dunham and Craig Miller, “The Musers” said, “Name another NFL GM who has time and is willing to do an ESPN morning show this time of year”.

I certainly hope we have a better answer for who is protecting our QBs blind side than an untested rookie who has never played a snap in pre-season as a LT or some other retread that no other NFL has even signed yet.

But this season’s success or failure once again comes down to this front office’s overly rosy outlook of best case scenarios only to have it blow two weeks before the season even starts. As Bob Sturm said cryptically today, “This guy never seems to learn anything.”
Weird...I've been saying this same crap for 20 years...and people wanna pile on my bandwagon now????

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Yet some of our fans have no issue with Jerry being on ESPN today. Right @Dre11 . Guess I’m not the only one who found this embarrassing. Or the only one who thinks Jerry is an idiot for not being prepared.

Jerry had to go schmooze things over with Stephen A, so he doesn't get ragged on on ESPN.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fisher likes to appear as if upset about what's going on, and appears to cast blame occasionally....but he makes every effort to staddle the fence enough to stay out of trouble....unlike Mickey who is flat out a unabashed bootlicker.
well said. 100% RIGHT.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

You evidently do if you like what Jerry does.

Plainly we don't agree, that's cool...

Flamma

Reaction score
There are a lot of things they can do like throwing screens to that side to slow them down, roll the other way, keeping a back in, etc. But that really isn't a solution. We are talking about the entire season not just finishing out a game after an injury. Our #1 TE isn't blocking anyone and if you go with a second TE you weaken an already weak receiving corps even more. We need to add an OL. Even if we move T Smith 73 we need a better OG than McGovern. We have the cap space and we have a huge glaring need. There literally isn't another team that is hoping to contend that would just do nothing. But our free agency mantra only allows for cheap one year bargains. If a guy wants an extra $20 we can't make it happen. Hopefully we earn interest on those cap dollars sitting idle before we roll them into next year.

Yes, what I suggested is usually a temporary solution. But in many cases we keep a back in anyway. I also heard that Dallas intends to play a lot of 12 personnel. But yeah, certainly not ideal for an entire season.

Short of trading for an established offensive lineman, I don't see a solution this late in the off season. I wouldn't trust any of the free agents available at LT. How much better are any of them than McGovern at G? Even if one is, do you trust the rookie at LT?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The local media is like other medias...there are a few very well known Jones boys..the rest say the same things we do....even the Cowboys flag station has many shows that go after Jerry all the time. The morning show he does got him cussing on the air 2 years ago after the bears game.
If all you get is Mickey and Fisher and some of the BTB your only listening to folks directly paid by Jerry.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
You evidently do if you like what Jerry does.

Plainly we don't agree, that's cool...

You can't comprehend, I liked the Cooper move, no matter how it happened. I didn't say I liked everything they do, as in I didn't like them getting rid of Cooper.
Didn't feel I had to spell it out.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You can't comprehend, I liked the Cooper move, no matter how it happened. I didn't say I liked everything they do, as in I didn't like them getting rid of Cooper.
Didn't feel I had to spell it out.

Oh, it's a fine distinction, no doubt. Just don't agree with your view. No problem there...