CFZ DFW Sports Media is all over this Front Office after Tyron Smith’s injury

Rayman70

Reaction score
Agreed.
After all is not that Tyron Smith has remained healthy these last 3-4 years.
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
Jerry just does the former.
Jerry shouldn't be in charge of a Dog Kennel, let alone, an NFL TEAM. He is clueless.

Rayman70

Reaction score
As the saying goes, ‘hope is NOT a strategy’.
exactly. Jerry has all he needs in that department, 26 years running
R.2c0ade150d65727c2d150dc743491644

phildadon86

Reaction score
Exactly right, he has a personnel group that handles personnel. If you think him being on ESPN is the reason the team losing then you're more delusional than I thought.
So the GM of the team doesnt handle the day to day operation of the team?

Interesting

If you think Jerrys antics and his operation of this team isnt a major factor of why the team is losing. You shouldn't be calling anyone else delusional. You are blind.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If all the fans would start booing Jerry out of the building every time he shows his plastic face ........ maybe something would change.
It would be far easier to organize and execute, plus hit Jones where it matters most (between his ears), than the over quarter century money fantasy no one has never seriously attempted to organized nationwide but continually blame fellow fans from becoming reality.

Reactions: BAT

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know many of our fans on here have asked many times, “When is the local DFW sports media ever going to call out Jerry and this FO for its ineptitude?” Well it is happening today with the Tyron Smith’s injury and the FO’s lack of preparation or contingency plan for exactly this.

Headlines in the local newspapers and media outlets this morning:
  • “Cowboys unprepared after Smith’s Injury” (DMN)
  • “Cowboys can blame themselves for being hamstrung by Tyron Smith’s injury” (FW Star T)
Local Dallas sports radio station “The Ticket” had several commentators- Bob Sturm, Corby Davidson, Davey Lane, Norm Hitzges, and others ripping Jerry and the front office saying things like “This is embarrassing to have a front office this unprepared”, “Jerry’s optimism is not appropriate for a GM”, and “when will these guys ever learn”, etc.

The Ticket played clips of Jerry’s appearance on ESPN with Stephen A Smith and called it “flat out embarrassing”. The Ticket’s morning hosts George Dunham and Craig Miller, “The Musers” said, “Name another NFL GM who has time and is willing to do an ESPN morning show this time of year”.

I certainly hope we have a better answer for who is protecting our QBs blind side than an untested rookie who has never played a snap in pre-season as a LT or some other retread that no other NFL has even signed yet.

But this season’s success or failure once again comes down to this front office’s overly rosy outlook of best case scenarios only to have it blow two weeks before the season even starts. As Bob Sturm said cryptically today, “This guy never seems to learn anything.”
I disagree with Bob Sturm, even though I consider him one of the most astute media people following the Cowboys.

Yes, Booger does learn.

He has learned all he had to do was have someone turn his franchise around and get into the black for an easy road back to "America's Team".

He has learned the record and results do not matter. His franchise keeps making more profit and increasing in value every year, even the losing record years.

He has learned he can feed his celebrity habit anytime he chooses to and they continue to give an incompetent GM the most exposure in sports, even more than any athlete.

He has learned he will never run out of fans willing to believe his spins.

He has learned to surround himself with yes men and family and is the modern day "The Emperor's New Clothes" model.

Most of all, he has learned there is no downside to whatever he does so the need for change does not exist.

My friends, it is not Booger that hasn't learned, it is us.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree with Bob Sturm, even though I consider him one of the most astute media people following the Cowboys.

Yes, Booger does learn.

He has learned all he had to do was have someone turn his franchise around and get into the black for an easy road back to "America's Team".

He has learned the record and results do not matter. His franchise keeps making more profit and increasing in value every year, even the losing record years.

He has learned he can feed his celebrity habit anytime he chooses to and they continue to give an incompetent GM the most exposure in sports, even more than any athlete.

He has learned to surround himself with yes men and family and is the modern day "The Emperor's New Clothes" model.

Most of all, he has learned there is no downside to whatever he does so the need for change does not exist.

Well said my friend.

Rayman70

Reaction score

Yes, Booger does learn.

and we fans, guys like Mike Fisher, keep feeding the beast. Whether we realize it or not, we are part of the issue as well. Because of the enabling. Its a viscous cycle.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Part....a bit part....of the problem with Jerry and Stephen and the media is they make great "copy." They seem to always be readily available for an interview. They always have something to say that provides a great quote. Often those quotes are dumb and wrong but they get attention and reactions. And it feeds the inflated egos of Jones & Son. Media types do not want to lose that access. They pander to those two to make money by attracting an audience.

Dre11

Reaction score
So the GM of the team doesnt handle the day to day operation of the team?

Interesting

If you think Jerrys antics and his operation of this team isnt a major factor of why the team is losing. You shouldn't be calling anyone else delusional. You are blind.

No you're delusional, everybody that follows the Cowboys knows there isn't just a stand alone Gm, it's done by committee led by Will Mclay. Obviously you don't know your team, maybe you should be learning your team before popping off.

phildadon86

Reaction score
No you're delusional, everybody that follows the Cowboys knows there isn't just a stand alone Gm, it's done by committee led by Will Mclay. Obviously you don't know your team, maybe you should be learning your team before popping off.
LOL.

Sure thing. Go enjoy life in denial.

You think McClay wanted to pick Jaylon Smith? Or Kelvin Joseph?

Jerry sits in on the freaking coaches meetings. And tells Mike who to play and who not to. You think McClay is the GM? hahaa. Wow. If head in the sand had a face.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not everybody. Booger keeps trying to prove to the sports world it is autocratic.

There may be people that make suggestions but there is only one that makes any final decisions for that franchise.

Dre11

Reaction score
LOL.

Sure thing. Go enjoy life in denial.

You think McClay wanted to pick Jaylon Smith? Or Kelvin Joseph?

Jerry sits in on the freaking coaches meetings. And tells Mike who to play and who not to. You think McClay is the GM? hahaa. Wow. If head in the sand had a face.

Show me proof Jerry tells them who to play, you're one of these stupid conspiracy people...lol
McClay is the default to Gm, why don't you think he won't leave...lol

Again you're you don't know you're team, McCarthy wanted Joesph after seeing him in Kentucky.

, but his ball skills and athleticism caught the eyes Mike McCarthy in a Kentucky workout.
“You can never have enough length or speed,” Mike McCarthy described to media following his selection. “As you look at these selections, I think it’s clearly evident. You start with Kelvin. I was at his workout in Kentucky. I have some people in Kentucky that were very instrumental in giving us incite on his experience at Kentucky. Tremendous athlete, I think his physical skills are something that really stood out to us on film not just in his year there, his opportunity playing corner, but in the workout that day.”

https://www.d210.tv/2021/05/06/draft-analysis-cb-kelvin-josephs-fit-with-cowboys/

Dre11

Reaction score
Not everybody. Booger keeps trying to prove to the sports world it is autocratic.

There may be people that make suggestions but there is only one that makes any final decisions for that franchise.

Really? Why is Manziel here. If Jerry was making all the final decisions, as much as he wanted him here.

Why didn't Romo get his job back, when he said Jerry was the only one who had his back during that time,

Why do you think Dez is still tight with Jerry even after he was let go? It was Stephen who got him out of there.

People in the organization have said for the last few years that Jerry is the sole decision maker, no matter how much he tells you he is.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Show me proof Jerry tells them who to play, you're one of these stupid conspiracy people...lol
McClay is the default to Gm, why don't you think he won't leave...lol

Again you're you don't know you're team, McCarthy wanted Joesph after seeing him in Kentucky.

, but his ball skills and athleticism caught the eyes Mike McCarthy in a Kentucky workout.
“You can never have enough length or speed,” Mike McCarthy described to media following his selection. “As you look at these selections, I think it’s clearly evident. You start with Kelvin. I was at his workout in Kentucky. I have some people in Kentucky that were very instrumental in giving us incite on his experience at Kentucky. Tremendous athlete, I think his physical skills are something that really stood out to us on film not just in his year there, his opportunity playing corner, but in the workout that day.”

https://www.d210.tv/2021/05/06/draft-analysis-cb-kelvin-josephs-fit-with-cowboys/
Proof?

Zeke played last season on a torn PCL when Pollard was tearing up everyone. Jerry wanted Zeke "featured" as he has said this offseason as well.

Keep waving your pom poms. And living in denial.

McCarthy didnt want Joseph. He is giving lip service for another Jerry experiment.

Until you realize that Jerry controls literally ever aspect of this team. There is no helping you.

I know this team better than you do. Obviously lol.

Dre11

Reaction score
LOL. Posting the star telegram. Wow you sure showed us....

It definitely makes you look stupid. Because the only way any of us know what's going inside the organization is through reports......lol so clueless. But yeah you make stuff up in your mind and present it as fact....lol