CFZ DFW Sports Media is all over this Front Office after Tyron Smith’s injury

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know many of our fans on here have asked many times, “When is the local DFW sports media ever going to call out Jerry and this FO for its ineptitude?” Well it is happening today with the Tyron Smith’s injury and the FO’s lack of preparation or contingency plan for exactly this.

Headlines in the local newspapers and media outlets this morning:
  • “Cowboys unprepared after Smith’s Injury” (DMN)
  • “Cowboys can blame themselves for being hamstrung by Tyron Smith’s injury” (FW Star T)
Local Dallas sports radio station “The Ticket” had several commentators- Bob Sturm, Corby Davidson, Davey Lane, Norm Hitzges, and others ripping Jerry and the front office saying things like “This is embarrassing to have a front office this unprepared”, “Jerry’s optimism is not appropriate for a GM”, and “when will these guys ever learn”, etc.

The Ticket played clips of Jerry’s appearance on ESPN with Stephen A Smith and called it “flat out embarrassing”. The Ticket’s morning hosts George Dunham and Craig Miller, “The Musers” said, “Name another NFL GM who has time and is willing to do an ESPN morning show this time of year”.

I certainly hope we have a better answer for who is protecting our QBs blind side than an untested rookie who has never played a snap in pre-season as a LT or some other retread that no other NFL has even signed yet.

But this season’s success or failure once again comes down to this front office’s overly rosy outlook of best case scenarios only to have it blow two weeks before the season even starts. As Bob Sturm said cryptically today, “This guy never seems to learn anything.”

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I know many of our fans on here have asked many times, “When is the local DFW sports media ever going to call out Jerry and this FO for its ineptitude?” Well it is happening today with the Tyron Smith’s injury and the FO’s lack of preparation or contingency plan for exactly this.

• “Cowboys can blame themselves for being hamstrung by Tyron Smith’s injury” (FW Star T)
Local Dallas sports radio station “The Ticket” had several commentators- Bob Sturm, Corby Davidson, Davey Lane, Norm Hitzges, and others ripping Jerry and the front office saying things like “This is embarrassing to have a front office this unprepared”, “Jerry’s optimism is not appropriate for a GM”, and “when will these guys ever learn”, etc.

The Ticket played clips of Jerry’s appearance on ESPN with Stephen A Smith and called it “flat out embarrassing”. The Ticket’s morning hosts George Dunham and Craig Miller, “The Musers” said, “Name another NFL GM who has time and is willing to do an ESPN morning show this time of year”.

I certainly hope we have a better answer for who is protecting our QBs blind side than an untested rookie who has never played a snap in pre-season as a LT or some other retread that no other NFL has even signed yet.

But this season’s success or failure once again comes down to this front office’s overly rosy outlook of best case scenarios only to have it blow two weeks before the season even starts. As Bob Sturm said cryptically today, “This guy never seems to learn anything.”
Well at least someone is attempting to hold Jerry accountable.
The fans with their spending habits certainly are not.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score

No offense to the Dallas media but really..........tiny bit slow.

Most on the is board been talking about the swing T position for a while and know Jethro was playing with fire.

Dallas media should have been KILLIN Jethro for YEARS!!!!!

plymkr

Reaction score

Good!!

Motorola

Reaction score

Expect more of that from sports media around the country.
Just an hour ago on the weeknight ESPN Radio show "Spain & Fitz", the two substitute cohosts were calling out Jones' unabashed optimism that Tyron Smith will be back on the field by December.
During their discussion, one of them blurted out "Is he a doctor?"

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No offense to the Dallas media but really..........tiny bit slow.

Most on the is board been talking about the swing T position for a while and know Jethro was playing with fire.

Dallas media should have been KILLIN Jethro for YEARS!!!!!
Many have. Randy Galloway, Dale Hansen, Norm Hitzges, Craig Miller, Bob Sturm…to name a few- have been on him for years. It’s just many more now.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Many have. Randy Galloway, Dale Hansen, Norm Hitzges, Craig Miller, Bob Sturm…to name a few- have been on him for years. It’s just many more now.
Yet some of our fans have no issue with Jerry being on ESPN today. Right @Dre11 . Guess I’m not the only one who found this embarrassing. Or the only one who thinks Jerry is an idiot for not being prepared.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Those media members though do mostly radio and online. The ones that actually go to press conference and do face to face interviews are the ones that will suck up because there scared of the social repercussions

It's the same thing with the UFC. All of the reporters are so scared of Dana White and the blacklisting that he can do from a face to face aspect (he revokes press passes to people who challenge him too much, won't give them seats at the venue, will blacklist them from gatherings and parties) so they all suck up to him

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen certainly left themselves open to criticism, for neglecting to resolve their backup LT need in the offseason. I've been beating the drum for months now for a backup LT, to no avail. Now that Tyron will be unavailable for about 3 months or more, their miscues are up for loads of criticism. It had to happen to the Cowboys, for such a level of ineptness to haunt them. Let's hope this team finds a workable way to resolve it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet some of our fans have no issue with Jerry being on ESPN today. Right @Dre11 . Guess I’m not the only one who found this embarrassing. Or the only one who thinks Jerry is an idiot for not being prepared.
There’s not another GM- or owner for that matter- in the league who has the time nor the gall to get on a national talk show like that at this point in a team’s season and then look like a complete clown. Embarrassing.

Shane612

Reaction score
I've not paid attention to DFW sport since the Mavericks loss.
So, has the local media sounded the warning earlier about Cowboys lack of depth at offensive line. Or is just the local media dog piling on Jerry Jones after the fact?

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I hear ya Bob, but do they ask him the hard questions and really get on him - like "as a GM you've barely got past the second round in 27 years, isn't that enough to convince you that maybe it time to give someone else a chance thats not named Jones?"

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
It's nice to see the local press finally call out the FO. Don't know if it'll do any good though.

You won't hear a peep from 105.3 - The Fan. They're the flagship radio station and Jerry has a tendency to fire anyone who talks negatively about him being an incompetent GM. Just ask The Ticket. They were the flagship at one time and Jerry took it away for the very reason I just mentioned.

I don't think Jerry gives a crap

He doesn't, and that won't change unless the team starts losing money

Sydla

Reaction score
They should be all over them.

It’s a clear mistake by Jerry and Stephen. This could go the way WR went in 2018, where it becomes obvious we need help and Jerry has to drop his pants in a trade.