Diablo III Tomorrow

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Meat-O-Rama;4572462 said:
I've played a whole five minutes since it came out. Stupid work...

but, but, but without work, you couldn't play Diablo III. :laugh2: (...for five minutes)

tupperware;4572845 said:
Just made it to the end of Act 1 in Inferno. Now comes the dreadful Act 2.

Wuss. ;) :D You know you love the wasps.

I've got something to say about Tupper. That ****** keeps joining my games and then leaving. He is like the government. He is snooping to see where I am then leaving.

May tupper burn in hell!!! :laugh2:

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Alright, I should be free to actually play the damn game this weekend. ;)

[youtubehd]I43GUnZN_s4[/youtubehd]

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4573000 said:
but, but, but without work, you couldn't play Diablo III. :laugh2: (...for five minutes)

I've got something to say about Tupper. That ****** keeps joining my games and then leaving. He is like the government. He is snooping to see where I am then leaving.

:lmao:

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
StevenOtero;4573504 said:
Alright, I should be free to actually play the damn game this weekend. ;)

[youtubehd]I43GUnZN_s4[/youtubehd]

That girl is so beautiful.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4573000 said:

Hah. I just drop in to see what you 2 are up to and if you need any help and if things seem good (Which they normally do) It's back to my own game :)

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
tupperware;4573528 said:
Hah. I just drop in to see what you 2 are up to and if you need any help and if things seem good (Which they normally do) It's back to my own game :)

Oh please..you stop by to show of the "Gun Show" of your lvl 60's.

Don't be coy, Roy. :D

You are welcome to bring me any awesome monk weps you come across.

CUZ YOU LIKE ShoNuff!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I wacked Diablo today. He (and a lot of the other bosses are) extremely easy with the Wizard. Basically, all you really need is "Mirror Image" and "Hydra". Add a little "Disintegrate" and that will help speed up Diablo's doom.

Just drop a hydra near him and run. When he gets close or ports to you, hit Mirror Image and he will attack them instead of you. Immediately drop another Hydra run till he is at the edge of the screen and then use Disintegrate on him until he you regain his aggro and just drop another Hydra were you stand and start running again.

Rinse and repeat until he dies.

Yeah, I know I'm really late at finally beating it, but I mostly play with some friends. We just hang out and play and don't really rush through it.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4575441 said:
I wacked Diablo today. He (and a lot of the other bosses are) extremely easy with the Wizard. Basically, all you really need is "Mirror Image" and "Hydra". Add a little "Disintegrate" and that will help speed up Diablo's doom.

Just drop a hydra near him and run. When he gets close or ports to you, hit Mirror Image and he will attack them instead of you. Immediately drop another Hydra run till he is at the edge of the screen and then use Disintegrate on him until he you regain his aggro and just drop another Hydra were you stand and start running again.

Yeah, I know I'm really late at finally beating it, but I mostly play with some friends. We just hang out and play and don't really rush through it.

I beat him late last night/early this morning with my wizard. I basically did the same thing, but replace Mirror Image with Diamond Skin.

I still died a couple of times because I got trapped up against some of his bone cages. Not IN them, but Diablo would run at me and pin me against them and I couldn't get away to heal or drink potions.

Mirror Image is probably the better approach. :)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4576074 said:
I beat him late last night/early this morning with my wizard. I basically did the same thing, but replace Mirror Image with Diamond Skin.

I still died a couple of times because I got trapped up against some of his bone cages. Not IN them, but Diablo would run at me and pin me against them and I couldn't get away to heal or drink potions.

Mirror Image is probably the better approach. :)

Definitely. Every time you cast it, he attacks the images giving you time to walk away unharmed. :) Well, as long as you're not caged that is. Of course, as long as you keep moving, getting caged isn't likely to happen.

I took my friend though it again last night and that time I never even got closed to dying. (as I learned enough the first time around) I did the same thing to the Nightmare Skeleton King today and he went down just as easy.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4576149 said:
Definitely. Every time you cast it, he attacks the images giving you time to walk away unharmed. :) Well, as long as you're not caged that is. Of course, as long as you keep moving, getting caged isn't likely to happen.

I took my friend though it again last night and that time I never even got closed to dying. (as I learned enough the first time around) I did the same thing to the Nightmare Skeleton King today and he went down just as easy.

Just out of curiosity, what passives are you using? I'm currently using glass cannon, power hungry, and paralysis, but I've been experimenting with different combos.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
As you draw closer to Inferno you're going to have to change that to Blur / Galvanizing Ward / Something else.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
What is this game about? I've played SC:BW and SC2, but not world of warcraft. Is this a WoW-type game?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4576240 said:
Just out of curiosity, what passives are you using? I'm currently using glass cannon, power hungry, and paralysis, but I've been experimenting with different combos.

I used to use Canon, but switched to Blur and Illusionist. I originally went with Blur going into the Diablo fight. I didn't switch back afterward since I was going into Nightmare mode and when you get massive mob with elites, it helps. I started using Illusionist as soon as I got it so my Frost Nova would recover quicker. It was just that much better when I started using Mirror Image.

Prior to Mirror Image, I was using Explosive Blast. I would run into a big mob and hit Frost Nova then chain Explosive Blast while they were frozen. That could take out an entire pack of mobs. (pre-nightmare it could anyhow) Between Frost Nova, Explosive Blast, Hydra, and Disintegrate. I've gotten bonuses for taking out over 40 mobs at once on more than once occasion.

Now, I haven't yet taken out 40+ in nightmare though yet though.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
tupperware;4576297 said:
As you draw closer to Inferno you're going to have to change that to Blur / Galvanizing Ward / Something else.

I use Blur now, but I don't have Galvanizing Ward yet. I also use Energy Armor. It lowers my arcane power, but I still hit pretty hard.

I've went heavy INT / +damage items at the expense of hps and defense. Then just cast the defensive spells to keep me alive while I blast the **** out of them. :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;4576318 said:
What is this game about? I've played SC:BW and SC2, but not world of warcraft. Is this a WoW-type game?

It's not a WoW type game as it's not a massive multiplayer game. You can only play with up to 4 people at once. It is sort of in the same genere as WoW in that you have Barbarians, Wizards, Witch Doctors which basically amount to a druid of sort. The game play is different though. You play in 3rd person, sort of like you play Starcraft, except you are one person and don't really control other NPCs like you do in Starcraft or the original Warcraft series. (not WoW, the original Warcraft series that Starcraft was cloned from)

If you are looking for a new game, Diablo III is DEFINITELY worth it. Blizzard did an incredible job on it.

Go check out some of the videos over at the Diablo III website.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4575441 said:

I beat him on my Monk yesterday first try. However, The guy right before him, Tyrael's old Lt., he kicked my *** many times before I finally got him. I think I'm going to try a Witch Doctor before I continue with the Monk.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;4576388 said:
I beat him on my Monk yesterday first try. However, The guy right before him, Tyrael's old Lt., he kicked my *** many times before I finally got him. I think I'm going to try a Witch Doctor before I continue with the Monk.

My second is a Witch Doctor. I'm on the fence about him. Some of his weapons seem extremely ineffective. The Corpse Spiders just plain sucks. (even with the runes I've unlocked for it) When you get Plague of Toads's exploding frogs, they can really do some damage, but their effectiveness drops of quickly the further enemies are away. By quickly, I mean if you aren't right on top of your enemies, start dividing the damage by at least 4. Even Firebomb has diminished effectiveness. Poison Dart is the only very effective primary.

For the secondary, Firebats (Dire Bats specifically) are awesome! I can clear out mobs en-mass with it. It's quite effective at heavily weakening elites too. Grasp of the Dead is good too, but the other two (Haunt and Locust Swarm) are DoTs and are relatively slow and ineffective IMO as you can kill the same mobs easier / faster using other methods. Locust Swarm can be okay when fighting bosses with lots of minions as you can DoT them and return your attention to the boss, but even in that case, Dire Firebats are still better as they kill the mobs quicker getting them out of the way.

For Defensive, I only find Zombie Dogs really useful thus far. Horrify can help save you if you get in trouble. Spirit Walk and Hex (specifically Hex) is not useful. Granted I'm only around 22-24 and haven't unlocked many of their runes, but thus far they are trash.

Terror: Soul Harvest is a nice spell. I use it a lot. Sacrifice is devastating, but the fact that your Zombie Dogs have a 60 second cooldown, it makes it useful only every once in a while. It only works with dogs you cast. If they appear by other means, they do not explode with Sacrifice. I think Soul Harvest ends up being more effective in the long run. Mass Confusion will probably be the go to Terror spell as I'm sure it will save your life a more than a few times when things get tough.

Decay: I just use Zombie Charger and send him rampaging though a crowd of mobs.

As for Voodoo, I only have Gargantuan. I'm a fan and he is always up. :)

I haven't really checked out the passive very much. I believe I'm using Jungle Fortitude.

As I noted, I haven't gotten to far into playing him and most of the time I've been playing my Wizard so I haven't fully figured out the Witch Doctor yet.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4576420 said:
My second is a Witch Doctor. I'm on the fence about him. Some of his weapons seem extremely ineffective. The Corpse Spiders just plain sucks. (even with the runes I've unlocked for it) When you get Plague of Toads's exploding frogs, they can really do some damage, but their effectiveness drops of quickly the further enemies are away. By quickly, I mean if you aren't right on top of your enemies, start dividing the damage by at least 4. Even Firebomb has diminished effectiveness. Poison Dart is the only very effective primary.

For the secondary, Firebats (Dire Bats specifically) are awesome! I can clear out mobs en-mass with it. It's quite effective at heavily weakening elites too. Grasp of the Dead is good too, but the other two (Haunt and Locust Swarm) are DoTs and are relatively slow and ineffective IMO as you can kill the same mobs easier / faster using other methods. Locust Swarm can be okay when fighting bosses with lots of minions as you can DoT them and return your attention to the boss, but even in that case, Dire Firebats are still better as they kill the mobs quicker getting them out of the way.

For Defensive, I only find Zombie Dogs really useful thus far. Horrify can help save you if you get in trouble. Spirit Walk and Hex (specifically Hex) is not useful. Granted I'm only around 22-24 and haven't unlocked many of their runes, but thus far they are trash.

Terror: Soul Harvest is a nice spell. I use it a lot. Sacrifice is devastating, but the fact that your Zombie Dogs have a 60 second cooldown, it makes it useful only every once in a while. It only works with dogs you cast. If they appear by other means, they do not explode with Sacrifice. I think Soul Harvest ends up being more effective in the long run. Mass Confusion will probably be the go to Terror spell as I'm sure it will save your life a more than a few times when things get tough.

Decay: I just use Zombie Charger and send him rampaging though a crowd of mobs.

As for Voodoo, I only have Gargantuan. I'm a fan and he is always up. :)

I haven't really checked out the passive very much. I believe I'm using Jungle Fortitude.

As I noted, I haven't gotten to far into playing him and most of the time I've been playing my Wizard so I haven't fully figured out the Witch Doctor yet.

Thanks for the info Sam