Did 21 get benched for a drive?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
TRUE or False: I'll take push.

I thought when a player was benched he would not re-enter the game. The run game was struggling so a change of pace was required and tried. So Zeke being benched is semi-true and semi-false. Push.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Stupid *** NFL, all I was able to watch was the Kotexans, which I only checked in to make sure they were getting destroyed by lamar! BTW THEY DID! ROFL, and I live in H-town. Dallas game wasn't televised here, go figure. personally, I think it's arrogant and stupid to show only ONE game if the home team is playing, and the real crapper is they weren't @ home?? I don't keep up with the what all's in the NFL as to which games they show vs the reasons why... it's simply dumb IMO

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We all watched the same game. 21 was playing like an old white turd in the grass. He suddenly got "benched" and Pollard made the best of an opportunity.

Or, JG wanted to give the NFL's highest paid RB some rest......I'm not buying it.
Who cares???? We won and he's getting paid regardless.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Benched for what? Not the first game they've given Pollard a full series of downs. I just saw a tweet that we are something like 3 or 4 and 0 when he has 15 or more touches.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It was a planned series off to keep him fresh. Looks like teams are scheming to stop the run and leave it on Dak to beat them. Elliot made a great play when they finally threw him a screen. This team has got to start using screens and tosses and sweeps. They keep running between the tackles and it’s not working any more.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
False, JG stated they were going to get Pollard more snaps this week. Giving him a series is usually how they do that.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Agreed, regardless of his poor production of late.
I thought he was getting back to form but the last 2 weeks I don’t know. Wonder if he is going to wash out now that he got paid. I would like to think teams are selling out to stop him and that’s why our WR are getting open.

GMO415

Reaction score
TRUE or False: I'll take push.

I thought when a player was benched he would not re-enter the game. The run game was struggling so a change of pace was required and tried. So Zeke being benched is semi-true and semi-false. Push.
I could see that too, but one camera shot during Pollard's stent showed EzE bewildered as to say "hey why am I on the bench?"

blueblood70

Reaction score
We all watched the same game. 21 was playing like an old white turd in the grass. He suddenly got "benched" and Pollard made the best of an opportunity.

Or, JG wanted to give the NFL's highest paid RB some rest......I'm not buying it.
no just stop the narrative.. Pollard got 2 carrys LOL he got some passes thrown his way, its what hes was supposed to be used for more when drafted..

they've been doing this ie giving 21 a series or 2 off in all games but difference is Pollard actually got some balls vs just being part of the play..it was only noticeable because they actually used pollard..

way overreaction.

the play of the online in run blocking needs a lot of work..

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score

He didn't get benched. Earlier in the year, we were doing this exact same thing where we gave Pollard a whole series by himself. They even said last week they wanted to get Pollard the ball more. And they did.

fifaguy

Reaction score
No. Did you watch the game?
He played the following two series after he fumbled on the opening drive/his first touch.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Probably because when he is out, it is a short series......3 and outs. It has been common for awhile now.
That's what I was wondering, actually, but figured if that were the case, all the Elliott crusaders would have made it clear....loudly.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This isn't the first time this year Pollard has been in the game for a full possession.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it really? I don't remember ever seeing Zeke out for a full series like that.
It's happened with Pollard a few times this season. That's the way they have done it when they rested Zeke rather than just an individual play here and there.