Did 21 get benched for a drive?

mrmojo

Reaction score
They were giving Pollard a series earlier in the season but then that stopped for some reason. It seems the more touches Pollard gets the Cowboys win...got to keep getting him touches.

lukin2006

Reaction score
A lot of people saying this is common. Wonder why I never noticed before. Maybe the drives don't usually last very long when he out? Maybe I'm just getting forgetful with age? Maybe I just never really cared who was carrying the ball enough to notice?

I have seen them give him full drives off. You are correct. They do not usually last long.

fifaguy

Reaction score
His fumble and

You haven't noticed a difference in his style and production? Perhaps the OL just isn't run blocking like they used to......

I think the coaching staff was just trying to get back to that rb rotation that had going on earlier this season.
Don't see this team holding players accountabile for production issues on the field

Oline is constantly dealing with more pressure. Due to teams keying on the run game. They are also not as healthy or young as Zeke's rookie year..

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Giants Game

• 1st & 10 at DAL 34
    (13:34 - 4th) T.Pollard left end to DAL 39 for 5 yards (R.McIntosh).

• 2nd & 5 at DAL 39
    (12:59 - 4th) D.Prescott pass short left to M.Gallup to NYG 49 for 12 yards (M.Thomas). Pass complete on a "skinny post."

• 1st & 10 at NYG 49
    (12:18 - 4th) T.Pollard up the middle to NYG 47 for 2 yards (G.Haley).

• 2nd & 8 at NYG 47
    (11:38 - 4th) T.Pollard right tackle to NYG 44 for 3 yards (J.Peppers).

• 3rd & 5 at NYG 44
    (10:56 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass incomplete short middle to A.Cooper (Ja.Jenkins).

• 4th & 5 at NYG 44
    (10:51 - 4th) (Punt formation) C.Jones punts 34 yards to NYG 10, Center-L.Ladouceur, fair catch by J.Peppers.

Commanders Game

• (4:30 - 3rd) D.Hopkins kicks 65 yards from WAS 35 to end zone, Touchback.

1st & 10 at DAL 25

• (4:30 - 3rd) D.Prescott pass deep left to B.Jarwin pushed ob at DAL 47 for 22 yards (M.Nicholson).

• 1st & 10 at DAL 47
    (4:05 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Pollard left end to WAS 44 for 9 yards (S.Hamilton, D.Payne).

• 2nd & 1 at WSH 44
    (3:32 - 3rd) T.Pollard up the middle to WAS 41 for 3 yards (M.Ioannidis).

• 1st & 10 at WSH 41
    (2:58 - 3rd) R.Cobb left end to WAS 34 for 7 yards (J.Moreland).

• 2nd & 3 at WSH 34
    (2:18 - 3rd) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short middle to M.Gallup to WAS 21 for 13 yards (L.Collins, D.Rodgers-Cromartie).

• 1st & 10 at WSH 21
    (1:45 - 3rd) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short right to R.Cobb to WAS 13 for 8 yards (M.Ioannidis).

• 2nd & 2 at WSH 13
    (1:10 - 3rd) T.Pollard right tackle to WAS 3 for 10 yards (L.Collins).

• 1st & Goal at WSH 3
    (0:37 - 3rd) T.Pollard up the middle for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on DAL-A.Cooper, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 3 - No Play.

• 1st & Goal at WSH 13
    (0:34 - 3rd) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short left to T.Pollard to WAS 10 for 3 yards (S.Hamilton).

• 2nd & Goal at WSH 10
    (0:01 - 3rd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) PENALTY on DAL-C.Williams, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 10 - No Play.

Dolphins Game

• 1st & 10 at DAL 40
    (5:27 - 4th) T.Pollard up the middle to DAL 46 for 6 yards (S.Eguavoen).

• 2nd & 4 at DAL 46
    (4:51 - 4th) T.Pollard right end to MIA 43 for 11 yards (R.McMillan). MIA-B.McCain was injured during the play. His return is Questionable.

• 1st & 10 at MIA 43
    (4:11 - 4th) T.Pollard left tackle to MIA 42 for 1 yard (R.McMillan).

• (4:05 - 4th) Timeout #1 by MIA at 04:05.

• 2nd & 9 at MIA 42
    (4:04 - 4th) T.Pollard left tackle to MIA 42 for no gain (R.McMillan). PENALTY on MIA-T.Charlton, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at MIA 42 - No Play.

• 2nd & 4 at MIA 37
    (4:00 - 4th) T.Pollard up the middle to MIA 31 for 6 yards (C.Wilkins). PENALTY on MIA-X.Howard, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at MIA 31. Howard has been disqualified

• 1st & 10 at MIA 16
    (3:45 - 4th) Tony Pollard 16 Yard Rush B.Maher extra point is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-C.Jones.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he wasn't benched.

GMO415

Reaction score
Giants Game

• 1st & 10 at DAL 34
    (13:34 - 4th) T.Pollard left end to DAL 39 for 5 yards (R.McIntosh).

• 2nd & 5 at DAL 39
    (12:59 - 4th) D.Prescott pass short left to M.Gallup to NYG 49 for 12 yards (M.Thomas). Pass complete on a "skinny post."

• 1st & 10 at NYG 49
    (12:18 - 4th) T.Pollard up the middle to NYG 47 for 2 yards (G.Haley).

• 2nd & 8 at NYG 47
    (11:38 - 4th) T.Pollard right tackle to NYG 44 for 3 yards (J.Peppers).

• 3rd & 5 at NYG 44
    (10:56 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass incomplete short middle to A.Cooper (Ja.Jenkins).

• 4th & 5 at NYG 44
    (10:51 - 4th) (Punt formation) C.Jones punts 34 yards to NYG 10, Center-L.Ladouceur, fair catch by J.Peppers.

Commanders Game

• (4:30 - 3rd) D.Hopkins kicks 65 yards from WAS 35 to end zone, Touchback.

1st & 10 at DAL 25

• (4:30 - 3rd) D.Prescott pass deep left to B.Jarwin pushed ob at DAL 47 for 22 yards (M.Nicholson).

• 1st & 10 at DAL 47
    (4:05 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Pollard left end to WAS 44 for 9 yards (S.Hamilton, D.Payne).

• 2nd & 1 at WSH 44
    (3:32 - 3rd) T.Pollard up the middle to WAS 41 for 3 yards (M.Ioannidis).

• 1st & 10 at WSH 41
    (2:58 - 3rd) R.Cobb left end to WAS 34 for 7 yards (J.Moreland).

• 2nd & 3 at WSH 34
    (2:18 - 3rd) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short middle to M.Gallup to WAS 21 for 13 yards (L.Collins, D.Rodgers-Cromartie).

• 1st & 10 at WSH 21
    (1:45 - 3rd) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short right to R.Cobb to WAS 13 for 8 yards (M.Ioannidis).

• 2nd & 2 at WSH 13
    (1:10 - 3rd) T.Pollard right tackle to WAS 3 for 10 yards (L.Collins).

• 1st & Goal at WSH 3
    (0:37 - 3rd) T.Pollard up the middle for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on DAL-A.Cooper, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 3 - No Play.

• 1st & Goal at WSH 13
    (0:34 - 3rd) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short left to T.Pollard to WAS 10 for 3 yards (S.Hamilton).

• 2nd & Goal at WSH 10
    (0:01 - 3rd) (No Huddle, Shotgun) PENALTY on DAL-C.Williams, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 10 - No Play.

Dolphins Game

• 1st & 10 at DAL 40
    (5:27 - 4th) T.Pollard up the middle to DAL 46 for 6 yards (S.Eguavoen).

• 2nd & 4 at DAL 46
    (4:51 - 4th) T.Pollard right end to MIA 43 for 11 yards (R.McMillan). MIA-B.McCain was injured during the play. His return is Questionable.

• 1st & 10 at MIA 43
    (4:11 - 4th) T.Pollard left tackle to MIA 42 for 1 yard (R.McMillan).

• (4:05 - 4th) Timeout #1 by MIA at 04:05.

• 2nd & 9 at MIA 42
    (4:04 - 4th) T.Pollard left tackle to MIA 42 for no gain (R.McMillan). PENALTY on MIA-T.Charlton, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at MIA 42 - No Play.

• 2nd & 4 at MIA 37
    (4:00 - 4th) T.Pollard up the middle to MIA 31 for 6 yards (C.Wilkins). PENALTY on MIA-X.Howard, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at MIA 31. Howard has been disqualified

• 1st & 10 at MIA 16
    (3:45 - 4th) Tony Pollard 16 Yard Rush B.Maher extra point is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-C.Jones.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he wasn't benched.
Awesome job. Still had a sense something was happening.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Are you trying to look foolish? Nobody said or suggested or implied that Elliott has forgotten how to run the football. Teams have loaded the box against him since his rookie season but he still led the league in rushing 2 out of 3 years. I've said it many times that the line is not the same line he had in 2016 and has been banged up this season. On the other hand with that same line Pollard has come in and gained more yards per rush than Elliott. So why has Elliott not produced but Pollard has? Also it's a telling thing for me that on an important 2 point conversion yesterday it was Pollard who was in there and ran it in and Not Elliott.

You are trying too hard. Zeke took himself out on the two point conversion because he was gassed. So if you aren’t saying he forgot how to run the football and aren’t suggesting he isn’t playing hard what do you think it IS?

GMO415

Reaction score
You are trying too hard. Zeke took himself out on the two point conversion because he was gassed. So if you aren’t saying he forgot how to run the football and aren’t suggesting he isn’t playing hard what do you think it IS?
I'll say it....EzE isn't running like he's been running for the past three years. He puts zero effort in his runs, and he seems surprised when he actually isn't tackled at the line.

Praxit

Reaction score
.....the meathead fumbled the ball. RB's #1 protocol is ball security. I'd say thats why he saw the bench.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Love the enthusiasm but Pollards not better than Zeke lol

This season Elliott hasn't lit the world on fire and has a 4.2 APC and Pollard has a 4.7 APC. The telling sign for me was on the crucial 2 point conversion yesterday it was Pollard out there and got the carry for the conversion and Elliott was on the sidelines.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Ya that 17 yard screen pass and then his Dak dance really got him gassed. To bad Pollard was already on the field before Elliott got done doing his high fives. So much for your "he was gassed" idea.

If you go back and read my posts you'll find out that I have said there are a number of reasons Elliott has been producing every week as in past seasons. One this line isn't the 2016 line. This line has bee very banged up this season with having both tackles out together, Frederick not playing as he did prior to his illness. Don't know if he's just not 100% yet or what it is. Martin has been playing with nagging injuries. Elliott had more carries his 1st 3 seasons than any other back during that time and the last back to have as many carries in a 3 year period was Jerome Bettis who played at 245-250 lbs and was better able to take the pounding so maybe all of that pounding is starting to take it's toll on Elliott. All I know is half of the games thus far Elliott has had some very subpar games not making it over 65 yards in any of them and a low of 35 yards in one and 40 something in 4 of them. So far this season Pollard has a higher average per carry than Elliott running behind the same line.

Dre11

Reaction score
As stated above.... everyone's body language said "21's getting punished.". EzE was a different RB upon his return.

He didn't get benched, Garrett said it's standard to give Pollard a series a half to spell Zeke. Where do you people get this crazy stuff.

cowboyed

Reaction score
benched? Jerry won't allow it and the rest of the staff unable to make decision with out his approval.
but as it has been mentioned they do that often.

It's management decision making by committee and Jerry is the tie breaker. He doesn't work the hours the coaches do. He is either promoting the team and being the spokesperson. He even isn't a full fledged GM more of a figurehead but hey he is the owner. Stephen Jones and Will McClay are the defacto GMs. I guess Robert Kraft Patriots owner is a meddler since he recently stated he was trying to get Gronkowski back. What nerve bypassing the GM and head coach Bill Belichik. Doesn't Kraft have enough on his plate including soliciting sex at massage parlors?

fansince68

Reaction score
Have you for once looked at the performance of our overpriced o line. Running backs are worthless without a line just like Qb's can't ascend without a good WR corps.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
This season Elliott hasn't lit the world on fire and has a 4.2 APC and Pollard has a 4.7 APC. The telling sign for me was on the crucial 2 point conversion yesterday it was Pollard out there and got the carry for the conversion and Elliott was on the sidelines.
Coming from a holdout offseason with zero camp, we can’t pretend a 4.2 ypc is bad. Pollards .5 higher is coming off such a smaller sample it can’t be compared.

Bringing up Pollard on the 2pt isn’t really driving the point when Zeke is the one who scored the TD, off a crazy catch nonetheless.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Well-deserved “benching” if that’s what happened.

Pollard deserves more touches. Zeke has run like a total scrub in consecutive games now.

For weeks now, Zeke has been untouchable here in this forum. Any discussion of his play being subpar was laughed off.

Well, now it’s becoming self-evident. I’d love to hear opinions about why it is happening, but there is no debating that it IS happening. Zeke is running against 5 and 6 man fronts with a healthy offensive line and he has averaged less than 3 yards per carry the last two weeks. He isn’t breaking any tackles and he can’t make anyone miss.

I don’t write those words with any sort of glee, mind you. It is what it is. My only point is the same as everyone else, get Pollard the ball more often. All he does is make plays.

Is the NFL a meritocracy as Romo said? Because if it is, Pollard might very well be starting. Then what would the Cowboys do with their $100 million dollar man?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Have you for once looked at the performance of our overpriced o line. Running backs are worthless without a line just like Qb's can't ascend without a good WR corps.

Stop, just stop. This is still the best offensive line in the league. Dak had all day to throw the ball this week. Pollard this season is averaging 4.7 yards per carry; ironically the same 4.7 that Zeke averaged last year. And that was with an offensive line that gave up double the number of sacks as they’re on pace to give up this year.

I get it, you’re a Zeke fan. But come on man, point the finger at who is to blame. Against the Vikings, Zeke averaged almost 2 yards per carry against 5 and 6 man fronts. It’s not the line, it’s Zeke. Trust your eyes. The guy looks like he is running through mud or with 25 pound weights on his legs.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It wasn't a benching. This season Zeke has always taken a series off at some point in the game to take a breather. He's done it in seasons past as well.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
It's management decision making by committee and Jerry is the tie breaker. He doesn't work the hours the coaches do. He is either promoting the team and being the spokesperson. He even isn't a full fledged GM more of a figurehead but hey he is the owner. Stephen Jones and Will McClay are the defacto GMs. I guess Robert Kraft Patriots owner is a meddler since he recently stated he was trying to get Gronkowski back. What nerve bypassing the GM and head coach Bill Belichik. Doesn't Kraft have enough on his plate including soliciting sex at massage parlors?
I respect your point of view however Jerry is too much in the spotlight .He is casting a big shadow over everyone else.we did change coaches change players and the team still mediocre at its best. At some point the owner has to be blamed.