Did anyone know Dalton was this bad?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dalton was never great, he was just good at best. However, this Offensive line... it’s making everything flash before my eyes. I think I saw God at one point during the game. Or maybe that was just the alcohol. Not sure. Either way...this offensive line is like when you wanted to go out to eat when you were younger but ya momma said “we got food at the house”
Lol....God retired as a fan in 1996.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
When Dak was in it was dak’s fault , now it’s the “situation “ or the “ offensive line “ or “ this “ or “ that”
Dak hater tears taste the best .
Andy Dalton sucks in any comparison to Dak , forum members saying otherwise just embarrassed themselves the last few weeks .

Kaiser

Reaction score
i didnt.
its not all his fault.
but Dak was playing behind a patch-work oline too and still got the ball down the field.
im starting to think the coaches know Dalton doesnt have the arm anymore.

When I saw the thread title my reaction was "I knew Dalton was this bad as soon as Martin got hurt".

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Yeah, he’s in a crappy situation and the Dak haters are slobbering all over themselves to lay out excuses for him even if these excuses are perfectly valid, coherent, and rational.

Yet Dak was running for his life and having to make quick decisions as well behind a makeshift crappy line and he did....

umm...

better.

But if he made a mistake at all, like get hit from behind and have a sack-fumble, khiladi and PAPPYDOG and the other “dumbs” called him a bum and showed no coherence or rationality at all.

Interesting to see all these Dak haters actually showing empathy for Dalton that they couldn’t muster for Dak.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Like most, he’s good with a pocket to throw from. He’s not going to wow anybody. He’s a + .500 qb, league average.

what he can’t do his overcome a suspect line, and a historically bad defense.

having watched Andy in the AFC North for many years, I live in pgh, he’s not a quick processor. He’s weak pre snap in knowing where pressure comes from, and he processes his reads to slow. Say what you want, but Romo was outstanding, Prescott has become extremely good at both aspects.

Andy has time and a somewhat clean pocket, he’ll be functional. He’s never been, nor ever going to be as good as Dak Prescott. Who this team misses terribly

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
...I thought he was much better, then how's he played. I know he signed as backup, but dang he's been awful.

I know the OL is makeshift, but nonetheless he's had time to make throws and just plunders.

...the curse continues to haunt us.
People that watched him the last couple years in Cincinnati knew

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Apparently, the Bengals did. They shut him down last year as an early scratch and cut bait. He's a great backup, but not someone who is going to take over games with no blocking and no defense.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
...I thought he was much better, then how's he played. I know he signed as backup, but dang he's been awful.

I know the OL is makeshift, but nonetheless he's had time to make throws and just plunders.

It’s not the Dalton is this bad, it’s that Dak is so good so it makes Dalton look bad.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I did and said so repeatedly. I live in Ohio and it's apparent I saw a lot more of NFL Dalton than others here.

The only time the Bengals were good with him was when they had a top 10 defense - made the playoffs each time. Dalton was god-awful in every playoff game, all losses.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Dalton, Dak, Danny White, Dan Marino..don't matter. When the Offensive Line play is this atrocious a d your play caller does you no favors, you won't complete much.

Dak was at least scoring TDs and making plays...Is it ALL on Andy? Of course not, but another QB was in this same situation putting up 400 yards a game. Granted hard to win when you're scoring 40 and your opponent is scoring 45.

JBS

Reaction score
Anybody w a clue knew dalton was this bad...you had to be absolutely clueless to think he was remotely close to dak..

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Dak was at least scoring TDs and making plays...Is it ALL on Andy? Of course not, but another QB was in this same situation putting up 400 yards a game.
With Martin and Knight, not Erving and Williams/McGovern. Whichever backup is there now.

I'm not getting into the Dak vs. Dalton crap because poster's can't have cool-headed and mature discussions.

Dalton hasn't looked impressive, but the Oline play was absolutely awful today. There's only so much a QB can do with such an atrocity.

sideon

Reaction score
He was better years ago but I expected this because I was never sold on him. A lot of people were going off his numbers and not actually watching the Bengals games.
truth.
i had no idea Dak was coverin' up so much horse crap on this team.
What did Dak cover up? The defense sucked with him on the field, and they were still having trouble scoring before the other team's defense went into prevent mode.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Hes been an average to mediocre QB his entire career with a couple of good seasons sprinked in. So no, I'm not surprised at all. But to be fair, he's in a tough spot given the OL 8 injuries...