Did Cooper Rush cement himself as our back up QB for the forseeable future

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No. In fact I felt worse than I did before the game. Major accuracy and decision issues.

Same.. I was optimistic.

He doesn’t process things very well and is completely unaware of pressure. 0 feel for it.

He also doesn’t know his check downs so when he freaks out he just throws into coverage.

The trade deadline is Tuesday but my gosh should Dallas be worried if he ever has to play a lot.

The guy doesn’t generate offense at all.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I am a cowboy fan i am never satisfied and feel like they should trade him before they fly back.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Absolutely not lol.

That was a circus and we need a better backup.

Had they gotten a 2 score lead that game is over.
Bro! Is there anything that you actually enjoy ab the Cowboys?

Are you forced into being a fan? You sure as hell complain about everything.

If this, if that, if they didn’t, if they weren’t… Always an excuse.

Just look at **** for what it is. They weren’t up 2 scores, they never threatened to go up 2 scores, and the dude did exactly what a back up was supposed to do.

Some of y’all play too much Madden and think you’re going to have a pro bowler at every position.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bro! Is there anything that you actually enjoy ab the Cowboys?

Are you forced into being a fan? You sure as hell complain about everything.

If this, if that, if they didn’t, if they weren’t… Always an excuse.

Just look at **** for what it is. They weren’t up 2 scores, they never threatened to go up 2 scores, and the dude did exactly what a back up was supposed to do.

Some of y’all play too much Madden and think you’re going to have a pro bowler at every position.

Im thrilled with the W but you’re asking me to ignore some obvious flaws in a thread asking if he should be our backup.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Same.. I was optimistic.

He doesn’t process things very well and is completely unaware of pressure. 0 feel for it.

He also doesn’t know his check downs so when he freaks out he just throws into coverage.

The trade deadline is Tuesday but my gosh should Dallas be worried if he ever has to play a lot.

The guy doesn’t generate offense at all.
In all fairness, guys who don’t have many flaws, especially those tend to be starters in the NFL. Back ups come with flaws, unfortunately.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The team kind of carried him. Esp. The Defense. Despite no turnovers, they got crucial stops and held them to FG’s after that horrid first drive. Coop’s crazy catches in the final drive and Zeke plowing through defenders got us this win. So it was a bit of luck as well.

tl;dr: we need to trade for someone. Foles or even Flacco come to mind. Not super great, but could be serviceable backups. We need to address special teams too… Greg is losing it…

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Anyone who says no never played on a team...Rush didnt play great...the fact is this team played great for him again he played and the team rallied for him. Was he Dak ..no ...Can this team rally with him and beat a good team? yeah and thats what matters

But it’s a really big ask to want our defense to play that good.

We never let them have a 2 score lead. Had that happened we could’ve never caught up.