Did Garrett answer the 4th-and-1 play question after the game?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
They give Dak two plays
And do YOU know what those 2 plays are? I sure as hell don't, and for all we know, it may have been a change of underwear.... stop with all the Dak's at fault, when we have NONE of the real facts of what was called, and IF they had a change of play that would have made a difference. Bottom line, this call came FROM the OC, and it was the WRONG call, period. These are the facts, not some made up he has 2 plays, we have no clue if there was a audible off this formation....

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
People are talking that Garrett is trying to keep Linehan, and even give him an extension !

He says he brought linehan and deserves another chance .

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
the Coaches call the play and the defense lines up- They can't talk to the QB once the clock hits 15 right

DAK has to make that call. Bonehead of the year award to Dak!

Again with this "hot take." You and the rest of this board screams all day every day that Zeke and the OL is strength of the offense (if not the team)...why the hell would you not give it to your "best, most impactful, most important, strength of the offense" player and unit (the OL) in that situation?

Next thing you know Dak audibles out of the play...the OL goes the wrong way and then we can listen you complain all off season how Dak tried to play superman and "cost us a Superbowl."

Don't ***** and moan all season about how Dak is terrible and Zeke/OL are the real reason anything good happens on offense...

And then complain when Dak gives them the damn ball.

The OL and Zeke needs to do their damn jobs and pick up a yard. That is where the resources are spent...not on a 4th round QB making $700K.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
No because it was the right call. Give it to your best player up the gut. The rams were just too good. They converted on 4th and goal, we didn’t.

Big_D

Reaction score
No because it was the right call. Give it to your best player up the gut. The rams were just too good. They converted on 4th and goal, we didn’t.

It wasn't the right call because your best player wasn't very good that day. You have to be a little creative when things aren't working. And the run was not working at all. Should've just gave the Rams the ball after the 3rd down play.

Dre11

Reaction score
And do YOU know what those 2 plays are? I sure as hell don't, and for all we know, it may have been a change of underwear.... stop with all the Dak's at fault, when we have NONE of the real facts of what was called, and IF they had a change of play that would have made a difference. Bottom line, this call came FROM the OC, and it was the WRONG call, period. These are the facts, not some made up he has 2 plays, we have no clue if there was a audible off this formation....

Learn something about your team, Dak himself said he gets two plays, and it's his job to read the defense and adjust accordingly,

Also learn a little about football, the OC makes a call, he has no idea what adjustment the defense will ultimately make, you learn that day one as an OC. It's what I learned in countless seminars and clinics from various coaches, college and pro. So while I don't know what the play was, I know the qb can kill any play. Especially when they tell you they have that ability.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
It wasn't the right call because your best player wasn't very good that day. You have to be a little creative when things aren't working. And the run was not working at all. Should've just gave the Rams the ball after the 3rd down play.
It was the right call. Just wasn’t the Cowboys day. Give the Rams credit. If you can convert and get 1 yard with your best player you don’t deserve to advance.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Dak should’ve made the call. He has to read the defense and audible accordingly.

Or he gives it to his "dominant RB and dominant OL" so that they can pick up a damn yard?

How the hell is this board calling Dallas a running team and Zeke the best RB in the league and the OL "dominant" but then whining about the "horrible...just along for the ride" 4th round...$700K QB not making a play?

It is a damn yard...pick it up...If you can't and need Dak to do it maybe Dak should take a portion of your salary then.

EDIT: And this is made all the more absurd as Dak's arm is the one who got them into that position in the first place! The LEAST you can do is pick up the first down after "horrible...inaccurate" Dak got you there in the first place!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
He was asked this morning if he would call that 4th and 1 again and he just talked in circles like usual. Said we were 4 out of 5 on 4th downs in the game, we'd converted a lot on it this year, give the Rams credit, etc. Never answered anything.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Or he gives it to his "dominant RB and dominant OL" so that they can pick up a damn yard?

How the hell is this board calling Dallas a running team and Zeke the best RB in the league and the OL "dominant" but then whining about the "horrible...just along for the ride" 4th round...$700K QB not making a play?

It is a damn yard...pick it up...If you can't and need Dak to do it maybe Dak should take a portion of your salary then.
You’re exactly right.

Big_D

Reaction score
It was the right call. Just wasn’t the Cowboys day. Give the Rams credit. If you can convert and get 1 yard with your best player you don’t deserve to advance.

I am giving the Rams credit. The run wasn't working so on a crucial down the coaches have to look in another direction, be a little creative. Not motion out their lead blocker and run another crap play that simply didn't work. People defend this garbage, but it was just what you expect from these coaches.

CWR

Reaction score
Connor did a good job on Westbrooks who was out of the play. Looney got stood up by Suh who Zeke runs into. Zeke had the same hole but Suhs leverage changes just as Zeke gets the ball. He was leveraged towards the hole when Zeke got it and then immediately moved to Looneys right.

I just think it is a no brainer for Dak

I agree with you, but wonder how quickly that hole would've closed had Dak opted to. That the kind of play you got to line up and snap the ball quickly. Still though I think he'd have made it.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score

EDIT: And this is made all the more absurd as Dak's arm is the one who got them into that position in the first place! The LEAST you can do is pick up the first down after "horrible...inaccurate" Dak got you there in the first place!

Yea you’re right Dak was the reason they were stuck in another 4th down situation.

And he was the reason they failed to convert.

Sorry but it falls on his shoulders to give his teammates the best chance to succeed and sticking to a play everyone knew was coming against two of the best DTs in the game wasn’t the way to do it.

Dak wasn’t the sole reason for the loss but he isn’t getting a pass.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
People are talking that Garrett is trying to keep Linehan, and even give him an extension !

He says he brought linehan and deserves another chance .
Oh, good grief.
We're not going to see another Super Bowl in a while. :(

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Regarding the post title, you’re in luck... I read the quote last night and was able to remember where I read it so I could retrieve it:

"It's been a signature play for us," Garrett told reporters. "We've been very successful over the years with that idea, double-teaming at the point of attack and giving Zeke a chance to make the yard. He's done that time and time again throughout his career and they did a good job stopping us on that one."
Thank you for the information. Now I can officially blame Garrett for the ridiculously stupid call. Please everyone re watch this play. The QB sneak was wide open just to the left of the center. Why take a chance handing off to Zek 5 yards behind the LOS, when you can do the most basic but effective play against that alignment. There is a reason why Brad runs the QB sneak in this situation and is successful over 98% of the time. Zek is only successful like 60-65% of the time.

This is a no brainer call AND we call a play that not surprisingly gets stuffed by 2 of the most dominant DT’s in football.

This situation right here is an EXCELLENT example of why we will NEVER win a Superbowl with Garrett. Like I said Belicheat and Brady run a QB sneak every time in this situation.

We should KNOW how successful a QB sneak is!! Against our defense teams have been successful like 25 out of 25 times
when running a QB sneak on 3rd or 4th and 1!!

There was NO excuse for not running the QB sneak on this play.

Coaching Matters a lot! It is so sad Jerry is going to give Garrett an extension.

Last edited:

ryanbabs

Reaction score
On the 4th and 1 when Zek ran up the middle right at Donald and Suh, the QB sneak was wide open to the left of our center. The QB sneak should be an automatic audible in this situation! How come we did not run the QB sneak? Brady does it every time when the defense is aligned like the Ram’s D was.

Coaching Matters!!
Because bar none, we have the absolute stupidest and most unimaginative coaches in the entire league. They should be coaching in a Pee Wee league.

America’s Team deserves better...:angry:

remdak

Reaction score
Good idea, lets run behind connor williams who was horrific all game and pushing guys around isnt exactly his "strength" ...no pun intended
Williams wasn't horrific. Aaron Donald had 2 tackles and no sacks. For a rookie to hold him to that is pretty impressive.