News: Did Giants fail by drafting Kadarius Toney instead of Cowboys’ Micah Parsons

pupulehaole

Reaction score
Toney is actaully really good from the time hes been on the field. His issue is he has been injured all year. They got the bears 1st rounder as well. Obviously parsons looks like an animal but only time shall tell if it was a mistake or not. They could get a franchise QB with that pick next year. Who knows....

TheHerd

Reaction score
All the teams needing QB and leaving Mac Jones to the Patriots look a lot worse than the Giants.

Mr_437

Reaction score
The best thing for Toney is for the New GM to package those picks and get Russell Wilson or another solid veteran QB some kind of way. I think Slater was a worse miss than Parsons for them, and Gettleman is a big OL drafter.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The best thing for Toney is for the New GM to package those picks and get Russell Wilson or another solid veteran QB some kind of way. I think Slater was a worse miss than Parsons for them, and Gettleman is a big OL drafter.
Wilson ain’t going to the giants lol. He wants out of Seattle because they didn’t help him on the OL.

Havic

Reaction score
Nobody knew Parsons would be this good. The giants are clearly rebuilding and I think it was the right call for them.

lkelly

Reaction score
I'm still laughing at the Eagles who not only passed on Parsons but gave Dallas a third round pick so that they could pick yet another WR.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Schadenfreude is best when it involves a division rival. Love it when they admit how good Parsons is.

By Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
After traveling to Miami on Sunday, the Giants face the Chargers and Cowboys the next two weeks. Which will put a spotlight on their decision to draft wide receiver Kadarius Toney in Round 1 this year, instead of offensive tackle Rashawn Slater or linebacker Micah Parsons.

The Giants had the 11th overall pick, but they traded back to No. 20, so the Bears could move up and draft quarterback Justin Fields. The Giants got a 2021 fifth-rounder pick, plus a first-rounder and fourth-rounder in 2022 from the Bears. Quite the haul.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2021/12/d...y-returns-arent-great-but.html?outputType=amp
Yes they did, as did several others teams that skipped him.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Clearly they did.

The word "generational" gets thrown out a lot, many times bordering on hyperbole.

It's not hyperbole with Parsons based on his body of work so far, so yeah, any team that wasn't desperately in need of a QB made a mistake on passing on Parsons.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Nobody knew Parsons would be this good. The giants are clearly rebuilding and I think it was the right call for them.
People also forget that they had just signed Blake Martinez the year before to a 3 year 30 million dollar contract.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
This was a league wide thing with Parsons. It wasn’t just the Cowboys.

We were told several teams had Xavier Collins and the Kentucky backer were rated higher.

This tells you all you need to know about what they knew about his edge rushing abilities. They were all clueless and viewed him as a inside backer.

Sounds like you're making excuses for all those who shyte on the Parsons pick.

There were a few of us who were begging to take Parsons.

I personally thought he was the best player in entire draft, hands down.

And he has still exceeded expectations.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Honestly, this is a foolish question. They haven't played a season, Katarina been hurt ask year, and Parsons Nadu be defensive player of the year. That is like asking if those 4 teams that passed on Jordan made a mistake.
Four teams passed on Jordan?:huh: