Video: Did I Miss Something? Clowney Still Available

John813

Reaction score
The guy missed out on such a huge payday declining the trade to Miami a year or so ago.

He's a very good run edge defender and an alright pass rusher. But expects top DE pay

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
He was a Pro Bowler in 2018, not 2019.

He has 3 sacks in his last 21 games, and is still looking for starting DE money.

THIS. ^^^

For a pass rusher looking to cash in on an 8-digit per year contract, he sure doesn’t get to the quarterback very often.

I bring him in on a low risk low salary flyer but I didn’t think his ego would allow it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't blame Clowney for thinking he's worth 15-20M per season. If you paid the checkout kid at the corner drugstore 10M a year, in 2 weeks they would think they deserve the money too. Clowney's reality has been distorted by adults kissing his butt since he was 16.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
With all this talk about the unreliable Aldon Smith and the unreliable Randy Gregory, what are the Cowboys waiting on to sign 2019 Pro Bowler Jedeveon Clowney. He was the no.1 player out of High School, no.1 player out of college, and no.1 overall draft pick.The man was a 4-3 RDE in college and is only 28 years old. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones, here is your "War Daddy"!

Have we forgotten this...

He always over rates his value. On a decent DL with other talent around him he appears. Better than he seems.

I say pass and draft our entire draft on defense and see what happens.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
THIS. ^^^

For a pass rusher looking to cash in on an 8-digit per year contract, he sure doesn’t get to the quarterback very often.

I bring him in on a low risk low salary flyer but I didn’t think his ego would allow it.

He reminds me of a rear view mirror..

" objects appear closer than they actually are"

Clooney appears to be better than he actually is. Ask the Texans and Seattle.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Money-out-the-window.gif

Haha!!!! You can't beat Spanky and the Gang BD. This is a winner for me. Incidentally, ABQJr's youngest boy, who is just a few months old right now, looks like Spanky right her. He's pretty cute little guy, LOL.........

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Clowney, the ultimate "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" player. I think they had Clowney in mind when they coined that phrase..........

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
What part of 2019 Pro Bowler you did not read.
pro bowl? that can mean nothing

to be a pro bowler these days you can get selected after the better players and their reserves opt out of playing, have a real injury, have a fake injury, or cant play because their team is in the super bowl. These days you can get down to the 7th or 8th or 9th best player at a given position before you find someone who will actually suit up for that game. And by then you can be chosen largely on name recognition and your performance from several years prior.

pro bowler means almost nothing any more

dfense

Reaction score
I see all those highlight videos are from college. That's a bit telling.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
When he had a chance to play for Saban but didn't, I knew he wasn't going to live up to his talent.
Saban makes you work. He didn't want to work. Then made one tremendous tackle and rested on his laurel.
The one prediction I made that was on the nose.

ghst187

Reaction score
With all this talk about the unreliable Aldon Smith and the unreliable Randy Gregory, what are the Cowboys waiting on to sign 2019 Pro Bowler Jedeveon Clowney. He was the no.1 player out of High School, no.1 player out of college, and no.1 overall draft pick.The man was a 4-3 RDE in college and is only 28 years old. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones, here is your "War Daddy"!

Have we forgotten this...

nope didn’t miss anything...he is literally a bit of a clown. He could be great with his million dollar body and abilities unfortunately he has a ten cent brain. Hard to count on him for more than a few plays per season. I have seen him be dominant when he wanted to be. But I’ve seen him disappear more often.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Clowney provides little ROI. Just a big name who wants a big check.
Modern day Marcellus Wiley..........nothing left in the tank, he never had, but still has no problem ripping some team off.