conner01

Reaction score
Money-out-the-window.gif
Exactly
He’s just like throwing money out the window

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
With all this talk about the unreliable Aldon Smith and the unreliable Randy Gregory, what are the Cowboys waiting on to sign 2019 Pro Bowler Jedeveon Clowney. He was the no.1 player out of High School, no.1 player out of college, and no.1 overall draft pick.The man was a 4-3 RDE in college and is only 28 years old. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones, here is your "War Daddy"

How was Randy Gregory not reliable. He was probably our best DL last year?

exciter

Reaction score
With all this talk about the unreliable Aldon Smith and the unreliable Randy Gregory, what are the Cowboys waiting on to sign 2019 Pro Bowler Jedeveon Clowney. He was the no.1 player out of High School, no.1 player out of college, and no.1 overall draft pick.The man was a 4-3 RDE in college and is only 28 years old. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones, here is your "War Daddy"!

Have we forgotten this...

Hmmm.... he’s made 27 million over the last two seasons, producing a whopping 3 sacks in 17 games but by all means let’s give him another 15 million to sit on IR! Houston pawned him off on Seattle, they chose to take the loss on him and Tennessee signed Bud Dupree!

Kwyn

Reaction score
With all this talk about the unreliable Aldon Smith and the unreliable Randy Gregory, what are the Cowboys waiting on to sign 2019 Pro Bowler Jedeveon Clowney. He was the no.1 player out of High School, no.1 player out of college, and no.1 overall draft pick.The man was a 4-3 RDE in college and is only 28 years old. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones, here is your "War Daddy"!

He’s not a war daddy anymore.

this post is about three years late

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Here are a couple of reasons why the Cowboys may be avoiding Clowney. First in his seven seasons due to injuries he's only played a 16 game season ONCE. Second at Houston, Seattle and the titans he was a complainer. He was somewhat of a locker room problem with all 3 of those teams. Also when his contract was up in Seattle he wanted 18 mil a year and Seattle let him go in free agency and the titans signed him a day before week 1 to a 1 year deal for only 12 mil. and then went on IR in week 9 with a ACL tear. Coming off a year that he made the Pro Bowl as an alternate in 2019 he sat unsigned all of free agency all the way until a day before the seasons started and if he was as good as you and he thinks he still is he wouldn't have sat that long unsigned last year.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Lets not forgot his best years were when he had JJ Watt lined up around him.

Sydla

Reaction score
The guy seems to just be playing a for a check and going through the motions now. I mean sure, I'd take him if he were dirt cheap but someone will pay him something most likely.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Is this a joke thread?
:huh:

Swagger

Reaction score
Pro Bowlers are a dime a dozen...more a popularity contest based on prior rep. Not like All-Pro status or anything. Don't mean much to anyone other than the player to make himself look great.
Agree.

All-Pro is what it's all about and where it's at.

Aven8

Reaction score
When he’s on he’s dominant. But he’s not on that often. I would kick the tires however.

Swagger

Reaction score
Since 2014 the only players to rank higher than Clowney as a run defender are Calais Campbell, William Hayes, Khalil Mack and J.J. Watt. That's hot company.

I agree about the injury concerns about Clowney but I do think that people get too caught up in simply evaluating defensive ends/linebackers purely on number of sacks when surely QB pressures are arguably more important in terms of disrupting an opposing offense?

Clowney has 220 total pressures from 2016 to 2019 which ranked in the top-15 mark among edge rushers across the league.

I agree that he hasn't set the league alive as an elite pass rusher but he's still a quality defender especially against the run when healthy and he can seriously disrupt a game.

But then people hammer Lawrence on here for similar reasons when he was our best defender last season.

We don't really need him but it will be interesting if another team bags him for a team friendly deal as he earned big bucks last season whilst injured and not producing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

they are injury concerns, so everyone is waiting on the health report.

as I have said, those who hit FA are often, older, injured, head cases. if they are worth anything, they are over priced.