Did Jarwin block Bobby Wagner in the back on Dak's 3rd and 14 run?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Something “produced” is not the same as something “obtained”. Just as effort and result are not synonyms, neither are “produced” and “obtained”. And, in any case, nowhere doo the definitions indicated that “producing” the effort is synonomous with “obtaining” the desired result. Effort is the attempt, and the result is the outcome, which is not guaranteed simply because the attempt was made.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I even showed something saying a synonym for effort was result.

I do see I did make a mistake. I meant the first noun item on result, not 2nd.

Let's just move on. It's time to cheer for a throtting of the Rams.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't see a poor effort, but it did appear to me that he let up a bit because of his teammate coming from the other direction, possibly combined with a slight shove backward by Jarwin. As for Dak's change of direction, it looked to me to move his intersecting with Wagner only a matter of maybe a foot and a half at most. If you want to argue that that difference was enough to cause Wagner to avoid the imminent collision with his teammate, I could see that.

I don’t disagree with this, but rationally speaking running headfirst into his teammate would have decreased his chance to make the play, so a slight let up to avoid that wasn’t an indication of a poor effort. Of course, I realize you aren’t saying it was, but I’m anticipating younarent the only one that will read this. I also don’t disagree that the change of direction wasn’t dramatic, and have said several times that it was not, but there is limited room to maneuver in tight areas, so those slight changes are all that are available. It takes pretty good instinct and awareness for a runner to see the benefit of a subtle move and react accordingly.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t disagree with this, but rationally speaking running headfirst into his teammate would have decreased his chance to make the play, so a slight let up to avoid that wasn’t an indication of a poor effort. Of course, I realize you aren’t saying it was, but I’m anticipating younarent the only one that will read this. I also don’t disagree that the change of direction wasn’t dramatic, and have said several times that it was not, but there is limited room to maneuver in tight areas, so those slight changes are all that are available. It takes pretty good instinct and awareness for a runner to see the benefit of a subtle move and react accordingly.
I think what Kevinicus means by "poor effort" is "failed attempt", though that may just be how I took it. I do believe Wagner could've tackled Dak, or at least made it more difficult for him, had he been more willing to risk injury to himself and his teammate, so depending on how much you think players should be willing to sacrifice, it's either a smart decision or a failed attempt.

As for the good instinct and awareness, I personally don't find it difficult to see 2 would-be tacklers converging, and splitting the difference as the best chance of evading both.

As I've said, it was a great play, but I've seen him make more impressive ones, and that's why I think people are making too much of this one.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I even showed something saying a synonym for effort was result.

I do see I did make a mistake. I meant the first noun item on result, not 2nd.

Let's just move on. It's time to cheer for a throtting of the Rams.

I think what Kevinicus means by "poor effort" is "failed attempt", though that may just be how I took it. I do believe Wagner could've tackled Dak, or at least made it more difficult for him, had he been more willing to risk injury to himself and his teammate, so depending on how much you think players should be willing to sacrifice, it's either a smart decision or a failed attempt.

As for the good instinct and awareness, I personally don't find it difficult to see 2 would-be tacklers converging, and splitting the difference as the best chance of evading both.

As I've said, it was a great play, but I've seen him make more impressive ones, and that's why I think people are making too much of this one.

I think we are going round and around on this, and really probably aren’t as far apart as we are imagining, but I think we can all agree tha Wagner didn’t handle the play ideally, but that Dak also played a part in making it difficult for the def naw to make a play. Beyond that, I’ll go with Kevinicus’ suggestion that we move on and get ready to cheer for the boys.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think we are going round and around on this, and really probably aren’t as far apart as we are imagining, but I think we can all agree tha Wagner didn’t handle the play ideally, but that Dak also played a part in making it difficult for the def naw to make a play. Beyond that, I’ll go with Kevinicus’ suggestion that we move on and get ready to cheer for the boys.
I've felt all along that we weren't all that far apart, which is why I was expressing my opinion on the semantics. :grin:

Go 'Boys!!