Did Malik Hooker start over Kazee?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm surprised that Hooker has been healthy all year but seems to have also lost his playmaking ability.

Although not sure how agressive I want him being with guys like Diggs and Brown at CB.

I didn't at all understand the roughness call Hooker drew.

Olson and Burkhardt didn't exactly explain it well but they seemed confused also.

Carson

Reaction score
I'm surprised that Hooker has been healthy all year but seems to have also lost his playmaking ability.

Although not sure how agressive I want him being with guys like Diggs and Brown at CB.

I didn't at all understand the roughness call Hooker drew.

Olson and Burkhardt didn't exactly explain it well but they seemed confused also.
He should’ve called off Brown on that dropped pick like a center fielder lol

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
like I said, in free agency if we just lock up Gregory, Kearse, and Hooker -- and not cut Tank but possibly extend and restructure -- we will be fine.

Gallup and Schultz are small time and can walk. Especially the latter. Schultz runs poor routes and drops too many balls tight ends should catch in the red zone.

Rayman70

Reaction score
like I said, in free agency if we just lock up Gregory, Kearse, and Hooker -- and not cut Tank but possibly extend and restructure -- we will be fine.

Gallup and Schultz are small time and can walk. Especially the latter. Schultz runs poor routes and drops too many balls tight ends should catch in the red zone.
Gallup and Schulz been dropping easy catches last few weeks. I want Ced Wilson back in. Gallup is way too inconsistent. At least Ced W. has the speed to take the top off.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Still not 100% if that was a legit catch. Diggs did everything right.
ball moving some when was it actually secured as to the moment any part of his body hit the out of bounds so yes very close could have gone either way,, diggs hand is on the ball pulling it and it was moving at points of that play and hard to tell when part of his body touched out of bonds when it was moving or not..to close to call..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’ve said it before but I’ve really been impressed with Hooker’s physicality. That wasn’t something I saw with him in Indy.

Have not and continue to not be impressed with the angles Kazee takes in coverage and in run support. I thought that he had a real opportunity to cover that TD we first gave up to the Saints Humphrey last week.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Yeah, I like Schultz more than most but he has a ceiling and benefits from the receiving corp. He’s also inconsistent as a blocker. Some TE deficient team in need of a starter (Jets?) will likely pay retail for him which will be way more than I would pay for him. All that said, I don’t believe that interception yesterday was on him.