Did Malik Hooker start over Kazee?

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Yeah, I like Schultz more than most but he has a ceiling and benefits from the receiving corp. He’s also inconsistent as a blocker. Some TE deficient team in need of a starter (Jets?) will likely pay retail for him which will be way more than I would pay for him. All that said, I don’t believe that interception yesterday was on him.
He was running a drag against a linebacker in man coverage. Sure Prescott should have thrown it earlier but Schultz needs to keep working towards the sideline in that situation, to the open space.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
lol...that would be Coop. Yeah, all we heard all week was we can't cover him..but look what we did. He is a stud, but is no Coop.
He’s good but It’s laughable for a long time Washington has been pushing that he’s the best in division lol

Beaker42

Reaction score
It sure did look like he got more playing time. He looks way better than Kazee.
He’s better than Kazee and receivers might start dropping balls worrying he’s back there. It’s obvious DQ was playing favorites with Kazee getting more snaps than Hooker until now. Maybe the bad film from the Pats game is finally starting to sink in.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Just frustrated with the dumb out of bounds hit for a penalty by Hooker.
Hey Einstein, he was running full speed toward the ball while it was in the air. By the time he actually located the WR he had too much momentum to stop. The hit wasn't intentional.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
From a raw talent standpoint, Hooker is the most talented safety on the roster. There is a reason he was a top-15 draft pick that many expected to go top-10.

His issue has always been injuries and consistency. It is extraordinarily difficult to come back from multiple severe injuries (ACL earlier in his career and Achilles last year) and start to play consistently again.

Einstein

Reaction score
Hey Einstein, he was running full speed toward the ball while it was in the air. By the time he actually located the WR he had too much momentum to stop. The hit wasn't intentional.
I am rewatching the game now and saw that play again... watch it again yourself because you're wrong.

NotForLong

Reaction score
like I said, in free agency if we just lock up Gregory, Kearse, and Hooker -- and not cut Tank but possibly extend and restructure -- we will be fine.

Gallup and Schultz are small time and can walk. Especially the latter. Schultz runs poor routes and drops too many balls tight ends should catch in the red zone.
Gallup will be a monster next year if he ends up in the right situation . . I could see him going to New England and becoming a legend

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Does he have the speed to be that shut down corner? I know he ran a 4.42 at the combine which is slightly slower than what Darelle Revis ran (4.38) who was a shut down guy.
Think I saw an article that said Diggs managed a 4.38 at pro day

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Kazee 100% of snaps. Hooked 26%.

Are you watching the actual game?

I'm sure Hooker picked up the snaps Wilson normally was getting when we play Kearse as a linebacker hybrid. We bring in the extra safety then.

Mr_437

Reaction score
After those achilles injuries both the FSs should be or about to play their best ball. I think Hooker n Kearse are going to stick around. Too much upside to let Hooker walk.

I do like the 2 FSs as the two deep defenders because that gives crazy range to the deep coverage..allowing the CBs to play aggressive man coverage underneath.