Did Matty Ice & Tom Brady "Choke" in Romo Fashion?

slomoxn

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4977416 said:
Actually, he played bad against the Jets, Lions, Pats, Commanders, Eagles, Dolphins, Cardinals, NYG the second game. So 8 games.

You keep pounding your chest about regular season stats and I will focus on his performance in the important games.. you know, the ones that actually matter.
Thanks, I don't keep track of the stats but the pain in my chest after each faux pas lets me know there was more than a few.
For the rest getting upset my issue is his body of work, yes he has great stats over the years and as in past threads on here, what have stats gotten us. He is ok, maybe he wins one and I'll be as happy as all of you but I'm not holding out hope. Hope has been beaten, stabbed, and choked for me when it comes to the Cowboys, I like JG but think he needs to give up OC duties, Jerry needs to go... Somewhere, and Romo needs a line, and to quit throwing interceptions at the worst possible moments, at times when even I am asking why the hell did he throw the stupid ball, no pressure, out of the pocket (throw it away) or whatever, sometimes his bonehead plays are worse than Farvre's.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
slomoxn;4977520 said:
Thanks, I don't keep track of the stats but the pain in my chest after each faux pas lets me know there was more than a few.
For the rest getting upset my issue is his body of work, yes he has great stats over the years and as in past threads on here, what have stats gotten us. He is ok, maybe he wins one and I'll be as happy as all of you but I'm not holding out hope. Hope has been beaten, stabbed, and choked for me when it comes to the Cowboys, I like JG but think he needs to give up OC duties, Jerry needs to go... Somewhere, and Romo needs a line, and to quit throwing interceptions at the worst possible moments, at times when even I am asking why the hell did he throw the stupid ball, no pressure, out of the pocket (throw it away) or whatever, sometimes his bonehead plays are worse than Farvre's.

lol, don't take his word for it, he's a Romo hater who may be possibly mentally ill if you go by some of the things he says. How on earth do you compile a 102 rating, 31 TD, 10 INT season and only play good in 8 games? I don't even think you can fake the statistics for that. It's truly stunning some of the stupid stuff people say on this board.

As soon as you stop defining "worst possible moments" retroactively as any game that Romo makes a mistake in, you will start to feel a lot better. If he plays well, the game is meaningless. If he throws an interception, it's suddenly the most important game of the season that matters most, even if it's a week 1 out of conference game. We need an IQ test for this board, pronto.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
juck;4977463 said:
Romo will never be"The Man". He is a busdriver trying way too hard. :laugh2:
He is awful for Garretts system. Maybe in the WC system he would be better.

This...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4977198 said:
Whatever happened to the Cowboysandlakersfan? Haven't seen that kid in a long time either.

His 9 lives ran out.

dupree89

Reaction score
CowboysYanksLakers;4977708 said:
Hmm lets see..... Tom Brady 3 rings, yeah he's a choker. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Tom Brady can go zero for the rest of his playoff games, he has earned a pass and has earned a first ballot trip to the Hall Of Fame.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
birdwells1;4977195 said:
I checked and he's on the members list.

The name you gave me was SDCowboys85 and when I enter that name into the search members field it says "sorry no matches."

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
HoustonFrog;4976545 said:
These threads are so useless. EVERY QB in the history if the NFL has choked a game or had some stinkers. The issue is consistency. All if these other guys are consistently putting their teams in a position to be in SB. Romo hasn't. I'm a Romo fan and have said we expect too much but comparing him to these guys because of one game is laughable. In fact Romo fans should applaud Ryan. On his int. the WR fell and on the fumble they didn't score. Aren't those the excuses people here use. Be objective. Did y'all see Ryan's stats besides those 2 plays? 30 of 42 for 396 and 3 TDs. Not too bad. If your going to compare these guys be consistent on how you defend Romo and yet jump these guys.

Ryan consistently puts his team in a postion to be in the SB?

The guy has exactly 1 career playoff win, the same # Romo has, stop counting bye weeks as Ws.......you sound like Wade.

birdwells1

Reaction score
KJJ;4977725 said:
The name you gave me was SDCowboys85 and when I enter that name into the search members field it says "sorry no matches."

Oh ok, my bad, its SDCowboy85. Without the "s".

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
birdwells1;4977749 said:
Oh ok, my bad, its SDCowboy85. Without the "s".

I figured you were probably slightly off on his username it has to be exact for it to come up in a members search. I don't follow his posts I just remember him as being a big Romo homer. I suspected he took off due to Romo's latest choke job and sure enough his last post was in the Cowboys/Commanders first half game thread.