Did Matty Ice & Tom Brady "Choke" in Romo Fashion?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
zack;4976937 said:
Some of that makes sense but Cap is only throwing the ball 22 times vs Romo who throws it 40-45 times per game. Again the balance issue is my point.

Not to mention that when defenses actually have to respect the run it makes throwing so much easier

ufcrules1

Reaction score
zack;4976937 said:
Some of that makes sense but Cap is only throwing the ball 22 times vs Romo who throws it 40-45 times per game. Again the balance issue is my point.

Zack.. in time you will come around. I have seen many Romo homers come around. The latest one is Catch17, he gave me grief for 2 years here and now he is saying the same things I have been saying. I don't fault you for having the opinion that you do, heck, I once had the same opinion. Just keep watching closely. I will be routing hard for Romo and the Cowboys just like you... deep down I have lost all faith in Romo though.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
WPBCowboysFan;4976508 said:
Yea, I know, another Romo thread.

Matty Ice has 1, thats right ONE playoff win, correct? Yesterday HE coughed up a big lead. HE threw a pick. HE fumbled a snap. HE didnt get it done at the end of the game down in the redzone.

Is Matty Ice a choker too?

How about the venerated Tom Brady? On BSPN this morning they said he is 7-7 in his last 14 playoff games. Yesterday HE screwed up with clock management at the end of the 1st half. HE didnt put up any points in the 2nd half. HE threw picks.

Is Tom CryBrady a choker too?

Or, do we put these losses on the teams?

Oh, and BTW, what about Peyton Manning? 9-11 in the post season. Threw a pick to lose the game in OT against the Ravens.

Peyton a choker too?
Those three are not chokers! This is a team sport and their teammates didn't do their part in all of their playoff losses. Now Romo on the other hand is a textbook definition of a choker you see. He and he alone has the responsibility to make sure the Cowboys win all their games no questions asked.:D

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
BanditHiro;4976526 said:
Tom Brady like most QB look pretty average under pressure.
He wasn't under THAT much pressure. He had normal pressure like both QBs did.

(this next statement is not directed at you, have to have my disclaimers now-a-days)

I'm just sick of everyone comparing our NOTHING QUARTERBACK, to guys who are annually in the playoffs, and competing for Super Bowls. Romo apologists/excuses-makers are super annoying, I wish they all would go away and take Romo with them.

forever22

Reaction score
Coy;4976912 said:
You got that right but the truth is that we probably win that last game with Orton or some other average QB, Romo did blow it but that´s what you get with him, no other way around it, either he´s the best player on the field for the Cowboys and our only hope to win a game or he flat out chokes and loses the game all by himself which IMO he did in Washington.

But I doubt they win those games leading up to it, with a lot of other QB's and especially Orton, as well. He was basically perfect in those wins, so with or without him, they wouldn't have made the playoffs anyway.

I won't stand here and say Romo is one of the greatest. I know he has his faults but he has a lot of strengths as well and made some incredible plays over the years. I just find a lot of criticism thrown his way is just unbelievable, especially from some of the fans on this board who know a lot about football

I'm not gonna try and compare him to someone else because it isn't fair to anyone. You don't know how someone's career would pan out being with another team, players, coaches and schemes.

It is what it is with Brady and Rogers. They are very good QB's who have won and no taking it away from them. You just can't compare Romo to them and what they've accomplished.

We also have to face the fact that if you aren't a Cowboys fan, you despise them. No criticism is going to be fair

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Super_Kazuya;4976960 said:
People keep saying the same stupid things "over and over". The Washington game was the first time you could make the argument that Romo was the primary culprit in losing. You sound like an uneducated national observer instead of a Cowboys fan.

The first time? See, this is what makes me crazy. I root for Tony every week, but I don't see for a NY minute Tony ever putting together 3-4 solid games in the play-offs.

Reminds me of Danny White. Not in style, but in results, Danny would look like Heavens gift to the Cowboys for a couple games, then vomit pea soup and twirl his head in the next.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
noshame;4977022 said:
The first time? See, this is what makes me crazy. I root for Tony every week, but I don't see for a NY minute Tony ever putting together 3-4 solid games in the play-offs.

Reminds me of Danny White. Not in style, but in results, Danny would look like Heavens gift to the Cowboys for a couple games, then vomit pea soup and twirl his head in the next.

LOL, he's only played 4 playoff games, period. If you question if it's the first time, NAME the other times.

Coy

Reaction score
forever22;4977006 said:
But I doubt they win those games leading up to it, with a lot of other QB's and especially Orton, as well. He was basically perfect in those wins, so with or without him, they wouldn't have made the playoffs anyway.

I won't stand here and say Romo is one of the greatest. I know he has his faults but he has a lot of strengths as well and made some incredible plays over the years. I just find a lot of criticism thrown his way is just unbelievable, especially from some of the fans on this board who know a lot about football

I'm not gonna try and compare him to someone else because it isn't fair to anyone. You don't know how someone's career would pan out being with another team, players, coaches and schemes.

It is what it is with Brady and Rogers. They are very good QB's who have won and no taking it away from them. You just can't compare Romo to them and what they've accomplished.

We also have to face the fact that if you aren't a Cowboys fan, you despise them. No criticism is going to be fair

That´s exactly what I´m trying to say, he may play like the best QB in football like he did from week 10 to week 16 or so but unfortunately he still can play and lose a game almost by himself like he did in week 17, Love him or Hate him, that´s Romo.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Coy;4977066 said:
That´s exactly what I´m trying to say, he may play like the best QB in football like he did from week 10 to week 16 or so but unfortunately he still can play and lose a game almost by himself like he did in week 17, Love him or Hate him, that´s Romo.
And that's about right. It's not like was said earlier, that "he can just as easily lose the game as win it". No, he can win about 5 times as often as he can lose it. The question then becomes "is that good enough". Is a 5-1 ratio good enough..especially given the team around him?

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
ufcrules1;Harbaugh would be in Tony's grill non stop if he pulled those tactics in San Fran.[/QUOTE said:
...Alex Smith's grill all last year and Smith had some poor games where if it wasn't for their defence they should not have won.

This year he gave Smith the starting job, but very quietly gave Kaep the job due to a concussion.

You are making stuff up about Harbaugh's demeanor with his QBs in order to justify your argument.

I would like you to prove to us where you have seen Harbaugh's demeanor with his QBs. From what I found most of it was very encouraging of Smith despite the fact that this year he was having one of his worst in terms of protecting the ball.

Made especially worse since he is Mr. Dink and Dunk and is regularly lambasted by 49er fans for being so.

Maybe you need to get off your high horse about Romo.

Coy

Reaction score
DFWJC;4977091 said:
And that's about right. It's not like was said earlier, that "he can just as easily lose the game as win it". No, he can win about 5 times as often as he can lose it. The question then becomes "is that good enough". Is a 5-1 ratio good enough..especially given the team around him?

Yep, although you wish that 1 bad game isn´t in a win or lose scenario like it was this year and frankly on a couple of other years as well, this isn´t to say he lost those games by himself, certainly not, but he hasn´t played very well either.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Clove;4976988 said:
He wasn't under THAT much pressure. He had normal pressure like both QBs did.

(this next statement is not directed at you, have to have my disclaimers now-a-days)

I'm just sick of everyone comparing our NOTHING QUARTERBACK, to guys who are annually in the playoffs, and competing for Super Bowls. Romo apologists/excuses-makers are super annoying, I wish they all would go away and take Romo with them.

...I don't understand why you are even here on this board or a fan of the Cowboys?

Tens of thousands of posts and you are so miserable and vindictive to others who don't share your opinion. You say things above like you are "sick". Want posters to "go away". Listen to yourself!!! Seriously. This is a sports fan board and you have gotten yourself to this state.

Do you actually have any friends? How can you spend so much time on this board with that kind of attitude and not have a coronary?

You must not have any fingernails?

I seriously suggest you find another team to cheer for. Go outside for some fresh air. Take up jogging. Exercise. Get away form the computer for at least two months.

There is possibly a mental health term coined for the condition that you constantly find yourself in with regards to talking about the Cowboys and Tony Romo.

You need to check out of being a Cowboys fan. Honestly. For the good of yourself and the rest of us.

DavidAK

Reaction score
These stupid comparisons trying to find the silver lining with Romo are starting to get extremely annoying. I don't see this anywhere else besides this forum...Matt Ryan and Tom Brady had bad games in their respective Championship games...Why are we even talking about Romo again?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Coy;4977146 said:
Yep, although you wish that 1 bad game isn´t in a win or lose scenario like it was this year and frankly on a couple of other years as well, this isn´t to say he lost those games by himself, certainly not, but he hasn´t played very well either.
I'd say he had three really bad ones this year and maybe a couple of others that were JAG level. The rest, he was very good.
Regardless of the reasons, this year was subpar for him overall, no doubt.
Put it this way, his good to bad ratio was probably not 5:1 until late in the season.

Last year, when the Cowboys were really overmatched and also lost in the last game at New York, Romo survived a real beating and was not too bad.
He 29-37, 2 TDs, 1 int and a 106 passer rating , all with a hand that looked like a football.
But he was sacked 7 times--really battered--and Cruz started the game off witha 74 yard TD catch and run. it was over before it started really. The Giants never lost again.

DFWJC

Reaction score
davidyee;4977150 said:
...I don't understand why you are even here on this board or a fan of the Cowboys?

Tens of thousands of posts and you are so miserable and vindictive to others who don't share your opinion. You say things above like you are "sick". Want posters to "go away". Listen to yourself!!! Seriously. This is a sports fan board and you have gotten yourself to this state.

Do you actually have any friends? How can you spend so much time on this board with that kind of attitude and not have a coronary?

I seriously suggest you find another team to cheer for. Go outside for some fresh air. Take up jogging. Exercise. Get away form the computer for at least two months.

There is possibly a mental health term coined for the condition that you constantly find yourself in with regards to talking about the Cowboys and Tony Romo.

You need to check out of being a Cowboys fan. Honestly. For the good of yourself and the rest of us.
Clove's pretty funny when he's on your side. ;)

Regarding Romo, I think he's way over-the-top. But people are fed up and when the next to last drive of the season ends in a pick, it brings up all those old memories as if it happens every week.

Granted, the tone of Clove's comments on all topics seem to be a bit mean-spirited. But since I don't now him I don't know if he is actually a vile person.
Like I said, when you have him in your corner, it's kind of fun for a change....in a morbid way.

birdwells1

Reaction score
KJJ;4976953 said:
From what I gathered from him he was a huge Romo homer. He either got permanently banned for something or wanted to escape his reputation after Romo's latest choke job and changed his username because I can't locate him on the member list.

I checked and he's on the members list.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
birdwells1;4977195 said:
I checked and he's on the members list.

Whatever happened to the Cowboysandlakersfan? Haven't seen that kid in a long time either.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
DFWJC;4977193 said:
Clove's pretty funny when he's on your side. ;)

Regarding Romo, I think he's way over-the-top. But people are fed up and when the next to last drive of the season ends in a pick, it brings up all those old memories as if it happens every week.

Granted, the tone of Clove's comments on all topics seem to be a bit mean-spirited. But since I don't now him I don't know if he is actually a vile person.
Like I said, when you have him in your corner, it's kind of fun for a change....in a morbid way.

...this being fun for any poster who gets riled up like that.

The Jekyl Hyde mood swings would tell me that it is time to walk away.

This is a freaking kid's game and people need to keep perspective. When you can't break the cycle of being demeaning to others then it is time to get out.

I understand losing it on the odd post or thread, but if it gets to be a habit something has to be wrong with you that you can't accept the opinon of others or learn to respond in a constructive way.

Just not worth it.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
davidyee;4977150 said:

I agree wholeheartedly, I don't understand in this day and age. You can buy Sunday ticket and root for any team that you like. Pick a team with a few of your favorite players, or ones that went to your school. Pick a team with a coach you admire. I don't understand why you're going to sit there and make yourself miserable. I would not root for players that I woke up every day and spent valuable minutes of my life slamming. I would find a team to cheer for that I liked.

Romo is about to re-up and be on board for another 4-5 years barring injury. It's a perfect time for some of you masochists to make a fresh start elsewhere. And for those of you who say you root for the laundry not the players, if you say that then you are rooting for JERRY. JERRY is the only constant on this team. He is the only thing that was here 20 years ago and will be here 20 years in the future. Why would you root for Jerry?