Did Matty Ice & Tom Brady "Choke" in Romo Fashion?

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Super_Kazuya;4977222 said:
I agree wholeheartedly, I don't understand in this day and age. You can buy Sunday ticket and root for any team that you like. Pick a team with a few of your favorite players, or ones that went to your school. Pick a team with a coach you admire. I don't understand why you're going to sit there and make yourself miserable. I would not root for players that I woke up every day and spent valuable minutes of my life slamming. I would find a team to cheer for that I liked.

Romo is about to re-up and be on board for another 4-5 years barring injury. It's a perfect time for some of you masochists to make a fresh start elsewhere. And for those of you who say you root for the laundry not the players, if you say that then you are rooting for JERRY. JERRY is the only constant on this team. He is the only thing that was here 20 years ago and will be here 20 years in the future. Why would you root for Jerry?

...is way too much fun to watch and play to let it get to this state.

Sometimes a reality check is what's needed.

On the players vs laundry.

That's a tough topic. For many Cowboys fans of the 90s there was no problem enjoying those wins with JJ owning the Cowboys.

We have to accept the entire package or go find another team. JJ is out of our control.

zack

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4976981 said:
Zack.. in time you will come around. I have seen many Romo homers come around. The latest one is Catch17, he gave me grief for 2 years here and now he is saying the same things I have been saying. I don't fault you for having the opinion that you do, heck, I once had the same opinion. Just keep watching closely. I will be routing hard for Romo and the Cowboys just like you... deep down I have lost all faith in Romo though.

I agree that I lost a little bit for Romo in the last game. I guess if the Cowboys keep Garrett calling plays and keep things status quo things may continue with the same path. Hanging for hope this year and then maybe I will be in your club.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
davidyee;4977237 said:
...is way too much fun to watch and play to let it get to this state.

Sometimes a reality check is what's needed.

On the players vs laundry.

That's a tough topic. For many Cowboys fans of the 90s there was no problem enjoying those wins with JJ owning the Cowboys.

We have to accept the entire package or go find another team. JJ is out of our control.

Actually, I complain about Jerry but I like him well enough. He did his part (not going to argue about what part that was) to bring 3 rings during a good period of my life. That goes a pretty long way for me. I want to see Jerry, Garrett, Romo, Ware and Witten win because I actually do like them and can get behind them. I think they're good guys. I don't understand mindless fans who don't care who is under the helmet as long as the team wins. But everyone's different, I suppose.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
davidyee;4977150 said:
...I don't understand why you are even here on this board or a fan of the Cowboys?

Tens of thousands of posts and you are so miserable and vindictive to others who don't share your opinion. You say things above like you are "sick". Want posters to "go away". Listen to yourself!!! Seriously. This is a sports fan board and you have gotten yourself to this state.

Do you actually have any friends? How can you spend so much time on this board with that kind of attitude and not have a coronary?

You must not have any fingernails?

I seriously suggest you find another team to cheer for. Go outside for some fresh air. Take up jogging. Exercise. Get away form the computer for at least two months.

There is possibly a mental health term coined for the condition that you constantly find yourself in with regards to talking about the Cowboys and Tony Romo.

You need to check out of being a Cowboys fan. Honestly. For the good of yourself and the rest of us.
Umad bro?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
DavidAK;4977162 said:
These stupid comparisons trying to find the silver lining with Romo are starting to get extremely annoying. I don't see this anywhere else besides this forum...Matt Ryan and Tom Brady had bad games in their respective Championship games...Why are we even talking about Romo again?

Exactly! Key words.. Championship games... Those two quarterbacks led their respective teams deep into the playoffs. One can only hope we will again see a deep playoff run before we're all in rocking chairs.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
zack;4977249 said:
I agree that I lost a little bit for Romo in the last game. I guess if the Cowboys keep Garrett calling plays and keep things status quo things may continue with the same path. Hanging for hope this year and then maybe I will be in your club.

Yeah, the last games was one of the worst. It was hard to find a way to defend him in that game. You could tell nerves got the best of him and that is bad news for a QB who is playing against a 30th ranked passing defense. I assure you that some of his teammates are losing faith in him!

My analogy on that last play was Romo thought to himself, "If I get blitzed here, I'm going to Murray" and then when the blitz came, he threw the ball as fast as he could and didn't even look to make sure Murray wasn't defended. If he would have and didn't have time to go anywhere else, he could have just taken a sack or thrown it away and lived to play another down. Instead he never touched the ball again and dashed our hopes for the playoffs AGAIN.

It's plays like that where you can tell he just doesn't think sometimes. He has all the talent he needs but man if he can't fix the thinking part we are screwed. The problem is, he is making the same exact mistakes he has made his whole career here. So basically it would take a coach that could get in his head or a psychiatrist or something to change his thinking.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Dan Marino

Zero Titles

Thus a horrid QB according to some on this forum

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Teague31;4977304 said:
Dan Marino

Zero Titles

Can probably add Jim Kelly. He was a pretty good QB deprived of SB rings too.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Teague31;4977304 said:
Dan Marino

Zero Titles

hmmmm.. never heard that angle before..... :banghead:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
davidyee;4977150 said:
...I don't understand why you are even here on this board or a fan of the Cowboys?

Tens of thousands of posts and you are so miserable and vindictive to others who don't share your opinion. You say things above like you are "sick". Want posters to "go away". Listen to yourself!!! Seriously. This is a sports fan board and you have gotten yourself to this state.

Do you actually have any friends? How can you spend so much time on this board with that kind of attitude and not have a coronary?

You must not have any fingernails?

I seriously suggest you find another team to cheer for. Go outside for some fresh air. Take up jogging. Exercise. Get away form the computer for at least two months.

There is possibly a mental health term coined for the condition that you constantly find yourself in with regards to talking about the Cowboys and Tony Romo.

You need to check out of being a Cowboys fan. Honestly. For the good of yourself and the rest of us.
I pretty much don't care about making friends on a message board where you will never see someone. Heck, I wish we ALL one day have this conversation in person where I can't be restricted from going on a rampage, I'm just fed up with this QB, I think he's holding this franchise hostage. In 17 years, I've gained over 100 lbs, had 2 kids, Married divorced, multiple girl friends, gone grey, listen to excuse after excuse, and I"m just about at the end of my rope with this admins nonsense.

Luckily for me, I watch a lot of high school sports, so it keeps me from going totally insane. I'm not here to cause trouble, I don't start threads, I don't joke around too much, and I don't sit around and back and forth all day about nonsense. But seriously, I'm just sick of how things have gone, and we should ALL BE SICK OF THIS MESS, and we all know that nothing will change in this organization unless we get rid of the dictator, and we all know that he will never go unless Gene slips him a mickey.

Prossman

Reaction score
When you bleed silver and blue and have been around long enough to know what a great cowboy team is or two great teams for that matter, it is VERY frustraiting to watch your team struggle year after year. Especially for 17 years. This Cowboy team is allot closer that it appears. The two that have cost Dallas the most games are Tony and Garrett. Both are obviously responsible for winning allot of games too. But when you are one game away from the playoffs in back to back years it is hard to think about that. Just saying

slomoxn

Reaction score
Super_Kazuya;4976960 said:
People keep saying the same stupid things "over and over". The Washington game was the first time you could make the argument that Romo was the primary culprit in losing. You sound like an uneducated national observer instead of a Cowboys fan.
You didn't see that Detroit game in 2011 did you, there was another game right after that he did the same thing, it's happened enough that I don't even remember all the games he has done it in. Sort of like taste aversion, I have memory aversion to his bad games now and don't really remember them all I just dont eat/remember them again. So no mi amigo that was far from the first time he was the primary culprit in losing, even for 2012 it is just the only one you lay at his feet so please don't put your acceptance of his poor performances as mine.

Prossman

Reaction score
Tony has the problem of throwing those heartbreaking INTs. The ones that you know he should know better than to throw.

DFWJC

Reaction score
slomoxn;4977356 said:
You didn't see that Detroit game in 2011 did you, there was another game right after that he did the same thing, it's happened enough that I don't even remember all the games he has done it in. Sort of like taste aversion, I have memory aversion to his bad games now and don't really remember them all I just dont eat/remember them again. So no mi amigo that was far from the first time he was the primary culprit in losing, even for 2012 it is just the only one you lay at his feet so please don't put your acceptance of his poor performances as mine.
You are referring to his two games out of 16 last year--that would be very early in the season vs non-division teams (so almost the very least important games of the season).

Two out of 16.
He was crazy-good last year and you seem to have forgotten about it. You have no "memory aversion" to his bad games...quite the opposote. You guys always those bad games like they are 10 games...it's silly.
31 TDs, 10 ints, >100 passer rating for the SEASON....good grief.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
DFWJC;4977404 said:
You are referring to his two games out of 16 last year--that would be very early in the season vs non-division teams (so almost the very least important games of the season).

Two out of 16.
He was crazy-good last year and you seem to have forgotten about it. You have no "memory aversion" to his bad games...quite the opposote. You guys always those bad games like they are 10 games...it's silly.
31 TDs, 10 ints, >100 passer rating for the SEASON....good grief.

Actually, he played bad against the Jets, Lions, Pats, Commanders, Eagles, Dolphins, Cardinals, NYG the second game. So 8 games.

You keep pounding your chest about regular season stats and I will focus on his performance in the important games.. you know, the ones that actually matter.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
slomoxn;4977356 said:

Uh, those are regular season games. They are no more important that any of the other 16. Just because you go and make it a "big game" in your head doesn't mean anything. You could even argue that those were "lesser" games because losses to the Jets and Lions were out of conference and out of division, respectively. Either way, it's 1 of 16.

juck

Reaction score
Romo will never be"The Man". He is a busdriver trying way too hard. :laugh2:
He is awful for Garretts system. Maybe in the WC system he would be better.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Super_Kazuya;4977426 said:
Uh, those are regular season games. They are no more important that any of the other 16. Just because you go and make it a "big game" in your head doesn't mean anything. You could even argue that those were "lesser" games because losses to the Jets and Lions were out of conference and out of division, respectively. Either way, it's 1 of 16.
Good lord guys, I don't hate Romo as you seem to think I do. I think he is a very good QB and someday will hopefully get us a superbowl, but I have accepted the fact that it will probably not happen, it is not all his fault, I blame Jerry mostly as he won't build the trenches properly and a myriad of other things. Romo is what Romo is, I responded to a post you responded to mine its done, neither of us will change the others mind on how we feel so I'll bow out, and I'm not trying to change your mind just giving my point of view. I'll change my view of him being not quite a choker but not quite winner when he wins a superbowl.