Did Michael get himself benched?

plasticman

Reaction score
Okay so Michael got 6 yards....on his 2nd carry for the Cowboys. His first carry he got -1 yards.

Grand total:

2 carries, 5 yards, 2.5 average. Apparently, he fits right in.

A lot of speculation as to what is going on between Garrett and Michael, the Joneses, the offense, the universe.

We know the least. The media know the 2nd least.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's just because we had to throw more in the 2nd half.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 10+ carries against NY

kevm3

Reaction score
We already KNOW what we have in McFadden and Randle. They are finesse backs. As soon as defenses figured out to make those running yards tough to get, then McFadden and Randle got held to minor gains and they will continue to get held to minor gains. Couple that with a QB that cannot throw the ball down the field, we'll continue seeing the EXACT same lack of scoring. At least with Michael, you have a chance of a slightly improved running game. We'll never know unless he gets on the field. There ARE ZERO reasons not to give him some carries.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
There is something VERY odd between Garrett and CMIKE......Cowboys make a trade for the player, coaches down play him, and then give him a TOKEN 1 carry a game.....There is something INTERNAL going on that Garrett is not telling us.....One play a game is just so ODD.....especially when the Cowboys have no offense and can't run the ball effectively.

IMO It appears Garrett wasn't on board with the CMIKE trade and stubbornly refuses to play him.

If Garrett is not on board with the trade and refuses to play him and plays Randle instead - then Garrett is being foolish and stubborn. The running game is so bad and predictable that its worth trying a new wrinkle to see if we can get it going.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I think Jerry is getting pissed that C Mike is not playing. He called out the Coaching staff after the game yesterday. I expect to see changes going into that Giants game because now that game has become a must win.

If Jerry is pissed because CMike is not being used than I gotta give some kudos to him. Garrett has no reason to hold back on CMike right now especially the stunt that Randle pulled last week.

Frankly I see nothing special about Randle. He is mediocre and makes the run game mediocre. Its not the oline who is at fault. Its Randle. He goes done on even the weakest of arm tackles. Murray used to gain 3-4 yards more after contact. While Randle losses a yard when he runs for a yard or so. Giving CMike a chance is a no brainer. Garrett should know that if he was a smart coach.

kevm3

Reaction score
I feel Randle is a nice change of pace back, but his style of running doesn't fit as the primary back of the type of offense we run. We need someone who can grind out the tough yards. Whether that's CM, nobody knows, but we know for sure it's not McFadden and Randle. They can get some nice runs once the defenses start wearing out.

Last edited:

td4mvp2k

Reaction score
I feel Randle is a nice change of pace back, but his style of running doesn't fit as the primary back of the type of offense. We need someone who can grind out the tough yards. Whether that's CM, nobody knows, but we know for sure it's not McFadden and Randle. They can get some nice runs once the defenses start wearing out.
agree. they need to fix this problem or they aint winning anything.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Let's send Christine Michael to the HOF. He ran for 6 yards on a play.

At least the probowl.