Did Michael get himself benched?

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
One thing I noticed after the play is the way he shook his head, almost as if his bell got rung and he was trying to shake something off..

Yeah, he was probably shaking off the feeling of "I just picked up a first down am getting benched for actually making a play".

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Michaels is Williams v2.0.

As a fan is sucks we do not know the entire story. There could be a lot of reasons he does not get playing time but Garrett will never let anyone outside of the locker room know why.

There was no mystery with Williams.

He was an injury prone back on the PS.

kevm3

Reaction score
No. JG said in his press conference they had planned to mix him in more but we got too far behind and we went into our two minute offense.

That's Garrett telling a lie. That doesn't explain McFadden being in all game and doing absolutely nothing, nor does it explain Weeden throwing 2 yard passes despite being down.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Anything is possible but he provided, albeit one play, a spark and showed the desire to run hard and prove himself. Since our coaches are against players causing a 'spark', they put McSadden in so they could enjoy watching him tip over upon initial contact.

And don't forget give up sacks on blitz pick ups. McFadden really doesn't look too interested in doing that dirty work.

Aven8

Reaction score
If Cmike isn't the answer for us then this season is done, as Randle is servicable as a complimentary back, but McFadden flat out sucks.

Anybody notice all the big rushing days yesterday by #1 backs carrying the load?

Zman5

Reaction score
man so why can't the coaching staff see it?!
this message board poster totally knows something so obvious that the coaches keep missing!

So you think the coaches see everything from practices and alwalys are right on who is the better player?

If that's the case why didn't they start D. Murray over F. Jones or start M. Austin over Roy Williams?

Only way we saw them break out was due to injury to the starters. They both would not have had a chance to have the break out games they both had if it was up to the coaching staff making decisions based on practice sessions only.

I bet WeDone looks great in practice when there are no defenders trying to kill him or against a defense that is not trying to fool him in to making mistakes. In real games when the bullets are flying, he poops his pants.

Zman5

Reaction score
I blame the fans. Not all of them, just the whiny crybaby uninformed ones.

I believe there is a synergy that can be negative or positive based on the fans. Too many moronic fans turns it into a negative synergy.

Surprised you didn't say Free.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If Cmike isn't the answer for us then this season is done, as Randle is servicable as a complimentary back, but McFadden flat out sucks.

Anybody notice all the big rushing days yesterday by #1 backs carrying the load?

Yes. It made me sick.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So you think the coaches see everything from practices and alwalys are right on who is the better player?

If that's the case why didn't they start D. Murray over F. Jones or start M. Austin over Roy Williams?

Only way we saw them break out was due to injury to the starters. They both would not have had a chance to have the break out games they both had if it was up to the coaching staff making decisions based on practice sessions only.

I bet WeDone looks great in practice when there are no defenders trying to kill him or against a defense that is not trying to fool him in to making mistakes. In real games when the bullets are flying, he poops his pants.

Practices are a joke in the NFL, especially once the season starts. NO HITTING is done.

That is why fans were calling for a RB during TC. But we were told everything was fine even though McFadden and Randle couldn't even practice.

conner01

Reaction score
There is something VERY odd between Garrett and CMIKE......Cowboys make a trade for the player, coaches down play him, and then give him a TOKEN 1 carry a game.....There is something INTERNAL going on that Garrett is not telling us.....One play a game is just so ODD.....especially when the Cowboys have no offense and can't run the ball effectively.

IMO It appears Garrett wasn't on board with the CMIKE trade and stubbornly refuses to play him.

Or maybe this staff doesn't see CM like fans do but more like the staff of the last team he played for seen him
Time will tell if it was situations, or something else
Since we was behind its possible it was more about the situation and he doesn't know blocking assignments yet

kevm3

Reaction score
Or maybe this staff doesn't see CM like fans do but more like the staff of the last team he played for seen him
Time will tell if it was situations, or something else
Since we was behind its possible it was more about the situation and he doesn't know blocking assignments yet

There are zero excuses for not giving him more carries when we were behind by 20 and Weeden dinking and dunking down the field. If it's all about what they did at their last location, McFadden shouldn't even be on the field since he got outplayed in Oakland. In regards to Randle, Randle openly defied his coaches last game and wasn't even apologetic when called out on it. For whatever reason, Garrett has decided Randle and McFadden are his two RBs and he's going to run with that line-up no matter what.

cml750

Reaction score
I love me some J. Randle but C. Mike shot through the line like a bullet. It was insane how fast he got to top speed.

Then we just took him out...

We just gotta get Romo back. I've never really had a favorite player on the Cowboys. I kinda just root for the team but Romo has changed that. He is the Dallas Cowboys and we are the worst team in the NFL without him.

Amazing OL, solid Defense, and it doesn't matter without Romo.. Just 0-16 Rod Marinelli Detroit Lions without Romo.

He might be better than Tom Brady.. Like seriously... Brady has so many people putting him in a situation to have success.. What does Romo have?

Brady also has a real coach!!!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

Tom Brady caught his break due to injury.;)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tyron, Fred, Martin all started as rookies. They've been using new players like WRs Butler and #85. On defense Hitchens started 11 games last season. Jones is playing a lot of snaps this season. Wilson has played. Collins played over Bernadeau when Leary was out.

I will admit that they've been overly committed to Hayden and Free in the past but now they don't really have better options other than moving Collins to RT.

I wouldnt be shocked to see Green at RT by the end of the season. Collins is a much better lineman, but I think Green is a better RT then Collins. He missed TC, but if he picks up the blocking scheme, has some strong weeks at practice and Free continues too struggle I think he can move Free out

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was referring specifically to sticking with Leary, who's obviously stuggling, and continuing to play guys like Street and Whitehead who can't play.

Collins made a lot of mistakes and the run blocking was not good while Leary as out. I would have started Leary in the Pats game is he was healthy. Once we saw that Leary struggled, I would go with Collins the following week; however, with the bye it makes it more likely that Leary will be 100% for the next game.

Based on what Leary did all of last season it made sense to lean towards him. The 46 man limit does suck because they can't have both active without screwing with the special teams.

They don't really have other WR options.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Collins made a lot of mistakes and the run blocking was not good while Leary as out. I would have started Leary in the Pats game is he was healthy. Once we saw that Leary struggled, I would go with Collins the following week; however, with the bye it makes it more likely that Leary will be 100% for the next game.

What is it exactly that's ailing Leary at present? It looks to me like due to the Romo and Bryant injuries, it's the excuse du jour for anyone currently not playing well.

Based on what Leary did all of last season it made sense to lean towards him. The 46 man limit does suck because they can't have both active without screwing with the special teams.

And based on what he's currently doing, it doesn't.

They don't really have other WR options.

There are plenty available who can actually play pro football. I'd look there first. 'Here's your playbook, we have a game in two weeks. Get studyin'!'

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is it exactly that's ailing Leary at present? It looks to me like due to the Romo and Bryant injuries, it's the excuse du jour for anyone currently not playing well.

And based on what he's currently doing, it doesn't.

There are plenty available who can actually play pro football. I'd look there first. 'Here's your playbook, we have a game in two weeks. Get studyin'!'

Leary had a bad groin strain. Those don't heal quickly.

There are 160 WRs on active rosters Any guys not on a roster probably can't play in the NFL anymore.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Leary had a bad groin strain. Those don't heal quickly.

And if he can't play, he shouldn't be. If he's saying he can play, he'd better be able to.

There are 160 WRs on active rosters Any guys not on a roster probably can't play in the NFL anymore.

And we have two on our roster at present who can't. Just like the Cards did with Chris Johnson, there will be other NFL teams who have needs who will fill them somehow.

Hopefully, we don't sit on our hands THIS TIME.