Did Norman shut Dez down again?

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I think he got open a few times against him but he wasn't targeted. He also had that one contested catch/drop. But overall I think Norman had Dez covered pretty darn good. He's a damn good corner btw.. he can pretty much stay with anyone.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I thought I read that he had 1 catch against Norman.
He did. Would've had two but Norman punched the ball out..............not the world's best pass from Dak, tho.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the defense has a top corner on their team, they will scheme away from whomever he is covering. It's not that Dez couldn't get open, but rather Dak looked elsewhere as that has always been part of Garrett's (and Linehan's) offensive system.

Their system is all about statistical probability which is translated into layman's terms as "taking what the defense gives you". Of course, great offenses will usually dictate what the defense does.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's a great corner, but he also got away with a major hold on Dez early on in the game. He was beat. Later in the endzone he could have been called for illegal contact or pi (ball was thrown elsewhere) for shoving Dez out of bounds.

Then they follow that mugging up with Claiborne touching the guys shoulder and getting flagged. These refs are unreal.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I thought Norman was overhyped coming out of Carolina. I've seen both Skins games this year, and I must say, I'm very impressed with him. Dude can flat out play ball.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Commanders didn't put Norman on Dez much. Maybe 5 plays max. Really hard to say. The other guy on Dez got beat a ton.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I thought Norman was overhyped coming out of Carolina. I've seen both Skins games this year, and I must say, I'm very impressed with him. Dude can flat out play ball.
He's definitely a shut down corner . Look forward to see how he performs against NY's fine receivers this week and why Washington wanted him with the fine receivers in this division.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Commanders didn't put Norman on Dez much. Maybe 5 plays max. Really hard to say. The other guy on Dez got beat a ton.

Breeland. and he has had some success on covering Dez before. This time Dez got the best of Breeland. Once Dez got a few catches on him Breeland he lost confidence and went into a shell, so it seemed.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Its crazy the holding and PI's norman gets away with. A lot of contact while the ball is in the air and way beyond 5 yards. And the refs don't call it.
It's basically the Seahawks system.

They might call you for one but they aren't going to call all 5.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Norman did a very good job out there and felt Dak was smart enough not to challenge him that much. Object is to win not boost your ego going after a very good player.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He's a great corner, but he also got away with a major hold on Dez early on in the game. He was beat. Later in the endzone he could have been called for illegal contact or pi (ball was thrown elsewhere) for shoving/tackling Dez out of bounds.

What ticked me off about that one was they kept showing it and different announcers were saying what great coverage it was.