Did Norman shut Dez down again?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Then they follow that mugging up with Claiborne touching the guys shoulder and getting flagged. These refs are unreal.

Claiborne got away with a clear illegal contact/hold on Garcon in the end zone on 3rd down when the game was tied 20:20. Cousins bailed him out by throwing it in the turf in front of Garcon who was open for an easy TD.

Bottom line, yes, refs missed a ton of calls.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Who cares what Norman did, Dez had a productive game and I thought the coaches moving him around throughout the game was why...let's hope going forward they do more of that.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Dez had a productive game but not against Norman.
Pretty much did shut him down. IMO Dez is at his best when he's got an ax to grind with his opponent. This man love he has with some of the opposition is getting a little uncomfortable to watch. Quit jawing, get back to the huddle and focus on the next play.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It was a a huge mistake not trying to sign Norman when all it cost was money......JJones has plenty

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
When the defense has a top corner on their team, they will scheme away from whomever he is covering. It's not that Dez couldn't get open, but rather Dak looked elsewhere as that has always been part of Garrett's (and Linehan's) offensive system.

Their system is all about statistical probability which is translated into layman's terms as "taking what the defense gives you". Of course, great offenses will usually dictate what the defense does.

If there was any sort of "science" or "scheme" at play, they wouldn't have had Dez run 21 go routes in the first game like they were playing Madden.

On the plus side, there have actually been series with both good play calls and good execution so far. It's still inconsistent, but last year (and several stretches through Garrett's tenure) was a disaster in terms of situational play calling.

Reaction score
Premier DBs and rookie quarterbacks,,, I'm sure the coaching staff wants Dak to exercise extreme caution before making those throws, and for good reason.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Anytime you have a WR making 70M and play a team with a CB who is making 75M...and you walk out with a win and your highly paid WR eclipsed 100 yards....what exactly should you care about other than you got your money's worth and the other team probably did not?

Dre11

Reaction score
If it were Romo throwing to a healthy Dez, Dez eats him up in my opinion. Norman has caught some breaks vs Dez. Once he was injured, last week, he had rookie throwing to him.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I think they said he was only matched up with him on like 8 plays. We chose to attack their weakness instead of their strength. Sounds smart on our part.

You mean we don't have to just take what the defense gives us every week? Awesome!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He's definitely a good cover corner. His physical style matches very well against Dez. It's kinda like how Irvin pretty much handled all premier CBs in his day but Aeneas Williams was the one guy i thought stood up to Irvin(for the most part) and could handle his physical style.

I think OBJ will turn Norman inside-out if they try to play him man-to-man all over the field. If Beckham doesn't completely meltdown emotionally in that game last year, he would've had a monster game mostly on Norman. Take away the pass rush and above average safety play he had in Carolina, it could get ugly for Washington and Norman on Sunday at MetLife.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought Norman was overhyped coming out of Carolina. I've seen both Skins games this year, and I must say, I'm very impressed with him. Dude can flat out play ball.
I thought he was underrated in the draft.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Then they follow that mugging up with Claiborne touching the guys shoulder and getting flagged. These refs are unreal.
Yes. I thought that call against Mo was ticky tack. I also thought he got a makeup call for his blatant hold on that endzone throw where Mo grabbed a bunch of jersey as the receiver was coming back to the ball (think it was Garçon). Overall, I am very pleased with his play and him not getting called for that play shows he's earning the respect of the refs to some degree. The Mo of a year or two ago would have gotten nailed for that.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Some show was talking about how the Commanders predominantly play zone defense and that they basically threw money away paying so much for Norman because of that.

A WR just needs to run a route outside his zone to not be matched up with him then.

So until the Skins change up their scheme more, we shouldn't have to worry too much about Norman on Dez in the future unless we are just stupid on offense.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No, not even close. To be exact, it was a combination of Dez's bum foot, the resultant lack of conditioning from that injury and lastly, Norman's ability that thwarted Dez the 1st time around. In typical Dez fashion, he acquitted himself well vs. both Norman and the Commanders last Sunday.

Last edited: