Did Oilers fans hate the Cowboys this much?

GuerillaBlack

Reaction score
And since you appear to be a Texans fan my question is would you rather have the Oilers? Or have the Texans & just start over? I would think most Houston fans would say the Texans.

I think many Texans fans like the look of the Texans. Some would not mind having the old Oilers name and colors back though. I think it is more about having those players that played in Houston be remembered as playing in Houston. It is weird that Bruce Matthews and Warren Moon are in the Titans Hall of Fame. Earl Campbell wanted nothing to do with the Titans, saying he never played in Tennessee. There are some that wanted the Cleveland Browns package. Even today, you see people wearing Oiler hats, or Earl Campbell jerseys.

and Texans are playing in Astrodome? Astros maybe?
Hate to say it but even after renovation there were issues with the Astrodome. Even now if Harris County, where I work were to do something with the astrodome there still is much asbestos removal that will have to be done. So there were still major issues with the Dome

Because eventually, new stadiums get built. Houston is not the first, nor last city to build a new stadium for a team. Why aren't the Cowboys still in Irving? It was just hard to do that after pouring millions in renovations just a couple of years before. It would not fly with taxpayers. And of course there are asbestos and other issues to deal with now in the Astrodome.