CFZ Did Prescott crater under the pressure?

phildadon86

Reaction score
1 game does not a season make.

However, we have two debilitating injuries that prevent us from truly knowing whether or not their moves worked.

I was really hoping, as I do with all of the teams, that you can get a good chance to evaluate their moves before game-changing injuries happen. We don't have that right now.
Yeah why is that? Because they didn’t sign anyone to back up those positions. My god you’re impossible. Their moves didn’t work. They put up 3 points at home. Lol.

Ken

Reaction score
Yeah why is that? Because they didn’t sign anyone to back up those positions. My god you’re impossible. Their moves didn’t work. They put up 3 points at home. Lol.
Ya we all saw that.

We don't know if their moves worked. And 1 game doesn't tell you that, especially against the 2nd ranked scoring defense from last year.

I love all of you guys taking victory laps after the first lap of an 17-lap race lol.

pitt33

Reaction score
please people. . . . Stop saying that they are gonna resign Him
I would be stunned if they re-sign him. I stated in an earlier post that he’s playing on his last contract with the Cowboys. Jerry and Stephen might have their shortcomings but even they have to be extremely disappointed in their quarterback. No way they sell him to the fan base again.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak was a deer in headlights, eyes wide open, glazed over stare, and never a single receiving option rarely finding space.
Moore had as much to do with this failure of a performance as Dak did IMO, I will stand with that assessment.
Poor offensive design knowing what you have available to play with.
Saw Seattle and Denver run their TE bench dry and both teams having success doing so, yet Ferguson and Hendershot were both totally negated from Moores game plan.
Not trying to give Dak another excuse, but a lot of QBs would have looked totally exposed under those conditions.
Yeah and Shultz had a good game. I think Noah had the most yards of all receivers..But the abandoning of the run game again after hearing JJ saying we will be a power running team..Lol. I saw power nothing.

Reactions: CWR

glimmerman

Reaction score
Stop reminding me. 3 freaking points. Elliot with 10 attempts and getting 5 yards per. And your not pounding that and play action off of it to the TE. We have 3 descent ones. Grrr.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Dak did not crater, he is just that bad. He cannot accurately throw 20 yard passes. There are a plethora of qbs that are not making anywhere near 160 million that are 10 times more accurate and smarter than Dak. Fans expecting a leapord to change its spots are going to be very disappointed. Dak is not even a JAG. The emperor has no clothes. And unfortunately he will have a whole other year to claim accuracy issues due to hand problems. The cowboys are getting fleeced and the fans are getting screwed.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I would be stunned if they re-sign him. I stated in an earlier post that he’s playing on his last contract with the Cowboys. Jerry and Stephen might have their shortcomings but even they have to be extremely disappointed in their quarterback. No way they sell him to the fan base again.
They are leaving him to the wolves like they want all fans to celebrate him leaving. They booing when he left the field was shocking to me. Not his fault he hurt his hand. Broke his thumb hitting it on a player that should have been blocked to begin with. O-Line and WR thin. Now with the hand injury if they want to start letting it be known he won’t be back they can. Moore with the trick plays. If they ditch Dak then Moore has to go. MM is just another puppet. It’s actually embarrassing. But he wasn’t working so I guess it’s free money to stand there. Goes in front of the media and take the heat and say cute things.

This should be Moores last year. JJ said we would be dedicated to the run. Lol. Moore could not wait to go pass pass pass.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I am not talking about pressure from the Bucs, I am talking about the self-imposed kind.

All off season he spun it for the front office. It's OK that 2 of his OL are gone and his #1 and #3 WR's and his #2 injured. We're just fine, never better.

I think he's still feeling the effect of the fan and media backlash against his contract because if you get paid with the best, you have to play like the best.

Have you noticed how he tries to underplay any physical hiccups like his ankle being about the cleats or the calf didn't bother him when it was obvious it did.

I think he has a case of Superman Syndrome and just being Clark Kent won't fly. He has to do it better.

I do not think there is another position in all the NFL tougher to play than the QB of the DC from an emotional side. It is life in the goldfish bowl exacerbated by the owner and his son always trying to sell him to the fans. And don't think a lot of them don't buy it.

So, now he gets to back off a little, heal up, rehab and reflect on just what happened Sunday night. Not only was he booed but a few morons threw trash at him as he came off the field injured. He has to wonder how it came to this.

I think he has been trying to live up to the contract and the title too much and it got to him and what we saw on that sideline, the deer in the headlights, was the proof of that. This is a man that had no problem in admitting he's had some mental health concerns and I applaud him for that.

This hand injury might be a blessing in disguise for him. He might not even realize how tightly wound inside he is but when I saw him on that sideline, that man looked dazed, confused and a little fearful.

Can't consider this man without considering where he came from and just how he got here as well as how he got the starting jobs in high school and Miss St. He couldn't take the job from the starters but when he got it, he would not give it back. That says something about him, something unusual.

Even those so opposed to him as the DC QB have to agree, they've not seen him play like that. I mean, he was really bad. The OL and WR's weren't great but that wasn't it, it was him. I got the feeling he wasn't playing football, he was fulfilling some role and when it started to unravel on him he started to panic inside and that look he had on the sideline is the look of anxiety.

I really do not think the only problem is with that hand and I hope he gets some help with that while he's not on the firing line.
I pointed out something similar to this in another thread yesterday. He has been trained to be a leader via his education in "workforce leadership". His education has taught him what to say and how to say it. The problem is.... he is not inherently and instinctively a natural leader so he falls back on the clichés and platitudes he has learned. He can only get by so far with that and it will work against him when the time comes to deal with real pressure and real adversity. Especially when the reputation for his leadership has been built up by fans and media to a level he can't match. The signs of this were there to be seen when the struggles began at the end of last season and it was shockingly apparent as Sunday night unfolded. He is in real danger of losing the team. So far management has been able to remove the players, (Dez, Beasley, Cooper) that have chirped up a bit about this, but that approach is not sustainable.

I feel sorry for the young man in this regard. I don't think he is trying to fool anyone and probably wasn't even aware. He just went with the flow and is now in over his head.

GINeric

Reaction score
the cowboys wont beat the bengals sunday they will lose by at least 14 the were not going to beat the bengals if dak prescott played joe burrow is to good

Burrow is definitely good. But why did he lose to the Steelers?

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Dak obviously did not play well, but it's too easy to make 3 points about one person. It's also letting other people off the hook.

It starts with the QB. I get it. He was not good. But Noah Brown was #2 (not his fault, but he's not a #2), Steele stunk, Tyler Smith was playing his first game, and Farniok got bullied. Then there's our illustrious play caller, whose gadget plays mostly blew up and put the offense in a bad position.

Who decided this combination was good enough? Jerry? Stephen? Mike? All of them? It falls on them. Now they're asking Rush to bail them out.
Do they have a choice.It’s diffidently on them and lm near ready to sing a sad song.

raven55

Reaction score
you people are dreaming wait till the bengals put this team o and 2 and maybe just maybe you will face reality. but you probadly won't because you don't want to, so just keep going to the game and putting money in jerry's pocket and listening to the same old excuses. its like going to the movie's and the projectors brecks and you keep coming back and you know what's going to happen but you just can't help your self.

raven55

Reaction score
oh yes you can't blame dak heaven for bid you do that and what was happening before. he shares blame with hamburger mike and the boy wonder

FanofJerry

Reaction score
The abandoning the run which was supposedly working is very odd in all of this. In a somewhat close game with lots of time left. Gadget plays that put Dak in even worse down and yardage positions.

I am speculating that this was a "scheduled loss" and Moore was directed to make Dak prove himself by the Jones'.

I think Stephen and Jerry are at odds over Dak. Stephen wants to move on but Jerry is being good guy and staying loyal to Dak. This game was "let Dak prove it" game.

I think there is some tension between the Jones' and Dak over how Dak bent them over the barrel with his leverage on the last contract. So they threw him to the wolves to see what 40M per gets them without being surrounded with talent and being forced to carry.

CWR

Reaction score
I fully expect Rush to play decent. It wouldn’t surprise me if he did better with the same cast as Dak had the other night. Rush isn’t afraid to throw the ball.

Seriously? It wouldn't suprise anyone. Dak had a horrible game. Surely that's not the bar.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As soon as my son and I saw the expression on Dak's face before the game started, it was clearly obvious that he wasn't in a positive frame of mind. He already knew what to expect and it showed beyond a doubt. When things eventually went awry for him, it only served as proof of his mental state! That panicked expression, sitting on the bench before the game said it all, well before that disaster came about. It presented a sad picture. :(

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I am not talking about pressure from the Bucs, I am talking about the self-imposed kind.

All off season he spun it for the front office. It's OK that 2 of his OL are gone and his #1 and #3 WR's and his #2 injured. We're just fine, never better.

I think he's still feeling the effect of the fan and media backlash against his contract because if you get paid with the best, you have to play like the best.

Have you noticed how he tries to underplay any physical hiccups like his ankle being about the cleats or the calf didn't bother him when it was obvious it did.
He cratered. Cratered big time.

I think he has a case of Superman Syndrome and just being Clark Kent won't fly. He has to do it better.

I do not think there is another position in all the NFL tougher to play than the QB of the DC from an emotional side. It is life in the goldfish bowl exacerbated by the owner and his son always trying to sell him to the fans. And don't think a lot of them don't buy it.

So, now he gets to back off a little, heal up, rehab and reflect on just what happened Sunday night. Not only was he booed but a few morons threw trash at him as he came off the field injured. He has to wonder how it came to this.

I think he has been trying to live up to the contract and the title too much and it got to him and what we saw on that sideline, the deer in the headlights, was the proof of that. This is a man that had no problem in admitting he's had some mental health concerns and I applaud him for that.

This hand injury might be a blessing in disguise for him. He might not even realize how tightly wound inside he is but when I saw him on that sideline, that man looked dazed, confused and a little fearful.

Can't consider this man without considering where he came from and just how he got here as well as how he got the starting jobs in high school and Miss St. He couldn't take the job from the starters but when he got it, he would not give it back. That says something about him, something unusual.

Even those so opposed to him as the DC QB have to agree, they've not seen him play like that. I mean, he was really bad. The OL and WR's weren't great but that wasn't it, it was him. I got the feeling he wasn't playing football, he was fulfilling some role and when it started to unravel on him he started to panic inside and that look he had on the sideline is the look of anxiety.

I really do not think the only problem is with that hand and I hope he gets some help with that while he's not on the firing line.

By jove. The JAG has cratered more times than the Jonas Brothers or Jerry Van Dyke (R.I.P.).
Example. Did Dak crater against the 49ers?
Yes.
Was he wrong to run? Probably higher percentage than a last-minute pass.
BUT DAK CRATERED by not giving the ball first to the referee. Mighty Sudan, run and meet the ref halfway, give him the ball and set!
We can debate across the aisles of this august Senate of the Cowboys.
but it is indisputable Dak squandered at least a 2-second chance at the end zone from closer range.

Last edited: