Did Romo Audible

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Miles was wide-open.. the problem wasn't the audible or option or whatever you want to call it, the problem was the throw. If Romo hits Miles Austin i his hands, your talking about a TD and a "hell yeah"

Romo did, IMO, have enough time to compose himself after avoiding that sack, but he did hurry the throw, and that is on Romo.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo has done things like that quite often over the years. When the huddle breaks he will delay WR and quickly tell him something. A high percentage of the time he throws to that receiver or he, while still in the huddle, will put his hands on a RB,WR or TE's shoulder and talk directly to them. Guess who gets the ball on a high percentage of these plays. You got it the one he spoke with. Now if a novice like me notices this then you better believe the professionals do. Maybe when some of the teams say they know what play is coming they are referring to which player is going to get the ball.

Check it out next game, he will do it several times and doesn't try to hide it. If he had any sense he would have to know the other team is watching him do this, but he continues.

This is a good point. But, you are seeing it from above, not in the huddle.

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo did, IMO, have enough time to compose himself after avoiding that sack, but he did hurry the throw, and that is on Romo.

Exactly... you watch that play again from Romo's view, it's not even close if Romo hits Miles while setting his feet.. Miles is gone for a huge gain, if not TD. The fact Miles doesn't go TD would have been, as Aikman mentioned, that CB is amongst the fastest in the game.

Romo made one amazing move and one bad throw in the same play...

cowboysooner

Reaction score
I don't care what everyone says. Romo made the right call to throw it there. He made a bad throw. Nobody would have said a word in Romo would have placed that ball ahead of Austin. Romo spun and didn't get enough on the ball at that angle. A full step and that ball is complete.

Where are all you guys screaming we should never punt again? Where are you guys saying Garrett plays not to lose and that is costing us losses? Where are you guys screaming we should onside after every score?

Simple: No matter what we did, our D is just so bad, we were going to lose that game. If we ran, we lost, we passed and we lost. Our D is the issue, not Romo, not JG in this case. Our D is historically bad.

Think about what you are saying. Romo made the right play even though 1 of the 2 things that had to happen (free safety flowing up, rolb flowing with the run) did not happen. It was terrible situational football. But that should not be surprising since the cowboys are the Lindsey Lohan of situational football.

If you want to argue that the call was right, then I guess but after Matthews blew up the timing the right thing is to take the sack or just run.

When you watch the all 22 the linemen get a hat on a hat and it is not out of the questions that Murray runs by or through a little gap and is out of the gate for a big gain. That why you get big runs out of short yardage packages.

If you watch AD play the Pack it happens quite a bit because they are not very disciplined in their run fits and he goes yard.

Murray would not Go 60 but would get a big gain and run clock. In any event a throw there is only good on two dependent things that did not happen.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I'll take Broaddus over you in terms of film study kid

I would too, but not in this case. Plus it is easy to see for yourself. Just watch the replay and tell me how Escobar is supposed to make that block.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Romo has done things like that quite often over the years. When the huddle breaks he will delay WR and quickly tell him something. A high percentage of the time he throws to that receiver or he, while still in the huddle, will put his hands on a RB,WR or TE's shoulder and talk directly to them. Guess who gets the ball on a high percentage of these plays. You got it the one he spoke with. Now if a novice like me notices this then you better believe the professionals do. Maybe when some of the teams say they know what play is coming they are referring to which player is going to get the ball.

Check it out next game, he will do it several times and doesn't try to hide it. If he had any sense he would have to know the other team is watching him do this, but he continues.

The defense did not know which play was coming.