Video: Did the Cowboys do enough in offseason to get in Super Bowl position?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Absolutely not...................Because the simple fact is they will have gotten to the Super Bowl in spite of him to begin with , no doubt.............He's a middle-of-the-road type of HC ; the Cowboys don't win any games because of him , and his conservative style puts too many games into precarious 1 possession determines the outcome situations......................................
Well said.......I totally agree.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
That must be why we always lose.

We have had no luck since '96.

All the off season moves mean nothing if luck is not on your side.

Give me luck..

not another safety.

That and we've only had a good defense in 07 and 18. Then of course the d gets run over vs the rams

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
That must be why we always lose.

We have had no luck since '96.

All the off season moves mean nothing if luck is not on your side.

Give me luck..

not another safety.
Exactly the no call against the Saints. The Dez caught it play. The tuck rule. The Eli throw to Tyree. The Big Ben tackle after a Bus fumble. The Stephon Diggs catch. The Marshall Lynch run. DeWight Clark in the back of the endzone. The music city miracle. " Is better to be lucky than good sometimes," as the saying goes.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Exactly the no call against the Saints. The Dez caught it play. The tuck rule. The Eli throw to Tyree. The Big Ben tackle after a Bus fumble. The Stephon Diggs catch. The Marshall Lynch run. DeWight Clark in the back of the endzone. The music city miracle. " Is better to be lucky than good sometimes," as the saying goes.
There is luck involved, but teams/players/coaches can make their own luck be it good or bad also.
Some of what is refered to as luck, is just a player making a great play, and a team properly motivated and not giving up.
Also playing smart.
The Dez play had many stupid elements to it. I dont see that as bad luck
The helmet catch was just a great play.
Clark in endzone, great play by him, montana, and SF team. There was still a factor of good luck, but without the great play and effort that luck means
nothing.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
There is luck involved, but teams/players/coaches can make their own luck be it good or bad also.
Some of what is refered to as luck, is just a player making a great play, and a team properly motivated and not giving up.
Also playing smart.
The Dez play had many stupid elements to it. I dont see that as bad luck
The helmet catch was just a great play.
Clark in endzone, great play by him, montana, and SF team. There was still a factor of good luck, but without the great play and effort that luck means
nothing.
I agree that teams, players, and coaches can make their own luck. But some of those plays are made because someone else didnt make a play he should have.

Everson Walls miss timed his jump on Dwight Clark. A defender stumbled while trying to tackle Marshall Lynch. And that Eli to Tyree was such a floating duck they're lucky he caught that one. So great players make great plays is 100% true. But sometimes the stars just align.

I still hate the fact the Giants won a Superbowl off of an eight and eight season.

But I totally agree with you on players making plays.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Not until Garrett is gone, IMO.
If we didn’t have Garrett I would say hell yeah! Coaching Matters a lot! Last year Belicheat should have proven that to every football fan. He takes an average to barely above average defense and completely controls the 2nd best offense in the NFL, in an era where most fans believe a great offense should beat above average defense.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

Wouldnt put the Dez play in there with them. But the whole stealers sbs vs the seahawks and cardinals. No need to try cut them down. Unbelievable!

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Wouldnt put the Dez play in there with them. But the whole stealers sbs vs the seahawks and cardinals. No need to try cut them down. Unbelievable!
Oh I wasn't trying to cut anyone down. My bad if you took my post the wrong way. I was just thinking that a guy falling down on a big play could be considered lucky.

Last edited:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Oh I wasn't trying to cut anyone down. My bad if you took my post the wrong way. I was just thinking that a guy falling down on a big play could be considered lucky.

No I meant the stealers fake sb wins dont even need to be cut down to one or 2 plays. It was fixed throughout the whole game especially the Seattle one

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Here's a question...............let's say we had a great year and got to the SB..........but lost due to some poor bonehead decisions by Garrett..........do you extend him?
I’m not a fan of Garrett but it’s not his decision making that’s hurt him. It’s him being conservative that’s hurt him. It didn’t even hurt him last season.

Silly

Reaction score
I worry about the OL and DL. We will have to wait and see if they did enough. I also worry about Marinelli's scheme more than I worry about the offense. It has been the defense being smoked that they have lost playoff games.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I feel like we have some really good pieces this year and that does excite me! However, at the same time I'm trying to be overcautious with my expectations, because a Garrett-led team has never made back to back playoffs in his decade tenure.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's a question...............let's say we had a great year and got to the SB..........but lost due to some poor bonehead decisions by Garrett..........do you extend him?

Do I extend him? No. But would Jerry Jones? Yeah, he absolutely would. And despite my disagreement with the decision, I could still understand Jones making it. Since Garrett got them there in the first place, he will have earned the extension.

I can't think of another coach that was let go after getting his team to the Suoer Bowl?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Do I extend him? No. But would Jerry Jones? Yeah, he absolutely would. And despite my disagreement with the decision, I could still understand Jones making it. Since Garrett got them there in the first place, he will have earned the extension.

I can't think of another coach that was let go after getting his team to the Suoer Bowl?
Jimmy was let go after winning back to back SB's.