Video: Did the Cowboys do enough in offseason to get in Super Bowl position?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
The question isnt did we, the question is, will we use what we did effectively. was it enough? doesnt have to be, a little luck, and using your roster effectively can always get you far.

DRella

Reaction score
I believe that the Cowboys must make 2 more signings to get them to the promise land. If players like McKoy (DT) and Berry (SS) are willing to take one year deals the Cowboys should be all over it. These 2 signings will put them over the top.

If it gets to the point where Prescott and Cooper cannot be resigned before the start of camp, I would put them off until next season and use the cap space to bring in 2 proven defenders to put us over the top for this season.

The Rams have done this for two straight seasons, bringing in major FA's to bolster their roster for the one season. These 2 signings would make our D elite.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's a question...............let's say we had a great year and got to the SB..........but lost due to some poor bonehead decisions by Garrett..........do you extend him?

Are they actual bonehead decisions? Or just things fans second guess him and blame him for like the play call on 4th and 1 v the Rams last year?

If he gets to the Superbowl, he’s getting a five year extension. And deservedly so.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Who else got a kick out if seeing WR Terrance Williams' name listed there?

It's one of the very few places I've seen it, save for the news about his smashed Lamborghini being up for auction for pennies on the dollar.

A more spectacular crash out of the league I cannot remember in quite some time.
TW should have never been considered good enough to be on this team, its obvious that nobody else in the league thinks he is worthy of even WR5 status, but this staff always attempts to build/condition a WR2, we can make it work program.
TW wasted a roster spot, and ******** the WR positional growth here. Gallup is already a better WR, with a much higher ceiling,, TW never even had a ceiling, his floor was his ceiling.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I believe that the Cowboys must make 2 more signings to get them to the promise land. If players like McKoy (DT) and Berry (SS) are willing to take one year deals the Cowboys should be all over it. These 2 signings will put them over the top.

If it gets to the point where Prescott and Cooper cannot be resigned before the start of camp, I would put them off until next season and use the cap space to bring in 2 proven defenders to put us over the top for this season.

The Rams have done this for two straight seasons, bringing in major FA's to bolster their roster for the one season. These 2 signings would make our D elite.
Pretty sure McCoy already signed with the Ravens.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Are they actual bonehead decisions? Or just things fans second guess him and blame him for like the play call on 4th and 1 v the Rams last year?

If he gets to the Superbowl, he’s getting a five year extension. And deservedly so.

all these years and still make the same mistakes, bad clock management, and a few others. thats bone headed.

are all his mistakes bone headed, no, but he does have some bone headed mistakes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TW should have never been considered good enough to be on this team, its obvious that nobody else in the league thinks he is worthy of even WR5 status, but this staff always attempts to build/condition a WR2, we can make it work program.
TW wasted a roster spot, and ******** the WR positional growth here. Gallup is already a better WR, with a much higher ceiling,, TW never even had a ceiling, his floor was his ceiling.

He was another receiver that was made by Tony Romo. Playing with Romo elevated Williams' game from middling to average. And it seems clear to me that the rest of the NFL know that, which is why he cam scurrying back in free agency (and we STILL OVERPAID!) and why he hasn't gotten so much as a sniff of interest from the entire league. That contract was a joke and we should have moved on from him as soon as we had the chance. His presence simply hindered the progression and transition of the receiver corps.

And then him being a punchline joke off the field and showing what a true moron he was only sealed the deal.

Two words when it comes to this guy.

Good riddance.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were more aggressive this off-season, then they have been in a while. So the effort is there. I am happy about that.

I'm also excited to know that the two biggest names they acquired truly wanted to be here. Both Randall Cobb and Robert Quinn had other options, but looked at what the Cowboys are building and wanted in on that. I see that as a good sign from the outside that things are moving in a positive direction. Two veteran players with skins on the wall wanted in.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ravens, Jets, Bears,, if your a good DT and they bring you in, your more than likely getting a contract.
I will bet you a sig bet that McCoy will be a Raven.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

31zp5y.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
all these years and still make the same mistakes, bad clock management, and a few others. thats bone headed.

are all his mistakes bone headed, no, but he does have some bone headed mistakes.

All coaches make mistakes. And all coaches get blamed for things that aren’t really their fault, as well. But sure, Garrett has his share of mistakes. He’s also got a ton of things he’s just stubborn about that sometimes go his way and sometimes go against him. I get why it it’s people. There are slot of 50/50 calls in football.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ravens, Jets, Bears,, if your a good DT and they bring you in, your more than likely getting a contract.
I will bet you a sig bet that McCoy will be a Raven.

You should have replied to my post if you were replying to me.

But OK, if you feel that strongly about it. We'll make it something friendly like having to write "Stash was right!" On your sig for a month if I win, while I post "Typhus was right!" On mine if you're right.

Fair enough?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You should have replied to my post if you were replying to me.

But OK, if you feel that strongly about it. We'll make it something friendly like having to write "Stash was right!" On your sig for a month if I win, while I post "Typhus was right!" On mine if you're right.

Fair enough?
fair enough,, and for some reason I was having an issue, don't know why I couldn't reply to you,, its all good.