Video: Did the Cowboys do enough in offseason to get in Super Bowl position?

kskboys

Reaction score
The most underrated additions to this team are Robert Quinn and Daniel Wise. If Wise makes the team, of course. Those are the types of additions that fly under the radar but can be real difference makers. I also think Joe Jackson was a major steal and could be a fine contributor.

Tussinman

Reaction score
- Amari Cooper for the full season
- All-Pro center coming back
- Ability to flip last years AFC record (1-3 in 2018, could easily go 3-1 in 2019)

Those 3 alone should be enough to get into the playoffs. From there it's anyone's game since there's so many variables (home field advantage, playoff experience, how many starters do you have left that aren't injured, depth, )

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes they did. Now just need to go and do it. But it depends on how efficient the offense can be in the red zone. Is Kellen Moore the guy to change that.
Of course the players need to execute the plays.

They did not do anything spectacular in the off season, but they sure did not screw it up either. Fans will have their opinions of what or how they could have or should have done some things different. But as it stands now, they had a decent off-season overall.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes they did. Now just need to go and do it. But it depends on how efficient the offense can be in the red zone. Is Kellen Moore the guy to change that.
Of course the players need to execute the plays.

They did not do anything spectacular in the off season, but they sure did not screw it up either. Fans will have their opinions of what or how they could have or should have done some things different. But as it stands now, they had a decent off-season overall.
We might have done something spectacular, we don't know yet.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I define SB position as homefield throughout. So, do I think this team can get the best record in the NFC for that? No, I don't. I do not think the teams ahead of the Cowboys LA, NO and CHI declined and I have PHL right there with them. I am not confident the Cowboys have improved from the last half of 2018.

The one thing in the Cowboys quiver is that they play the other teams that they could possibly tie with at the end of the season and have the chance for the tiebreaker but they have to defeat most of those teams.

Now about that confidence in improvement, there are 3 areas, FA, draft and growing your own that affect that. The one area that could really be the hidden gem is the last one of the three in this, the return of a 100% Yosemite and the progress of Gallup and Williams on offense and Collins, A Woods, Vander Esch, J Smith, B Jones and X Woods. Rookie contribution is such an unknown as is FA with Quinn and Cobb but I liked both pickups.

And then there's the one we like to talk about so much, the QB. How will he do with a new QBC and OC? While it is still all about team, he must take a step up from where he was last season as this team is going to need to get the scoring average up at least 7 points a game which would put them at 28.2, still not at LA or NO level but within striking distance.

At this point, I think 8 of the 16 are possible SB contenders and I would bet I am wrong on at least 1 of the 8 already. That's the mystery about the season in the NFC that I really like. We know there will be disappointment and surprise teams, just not which will be which. And we've been both in the last 4 seasons.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who else got a kick out if seeing WR Terrance Williams' name listed there?

It's one of the very few places I've seen it, save for the news about his smashed Lamborghini being up for auction for pennies on the dollar.

A more spectacular crash out of the league I cannot remember in quite some time.

Flamma

Reaction score
Cowboys did good this offseason. IMO, we should hire a few more mercs and tap out the cap for this season. Go all out. Most of them will be off the cap next season anyway.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Here's a question...............let's say we had a great year and got to the SB..........but lost due to some poor bonehead decisions by Garrett..........do you extend him?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Now about that confidence in improvement, there are 3 areas, FA, draft and growing your own that affect that. The one area that could really be the hidden gem is the last one of the three in this, the return of a 100% Yosemite and the progress of Gallup and Williams on offense and Collins, A Woods, Vander Esch, J Smith, B Jones and X Woods. Rookie contribution is such an unknown as is FA with Quinn and Cobb but I liked both pickups.
This is the second post I've read of yours where you try to name a player but it reads Yosemite instead. Just FYI.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Any team can win a Superbowl with a little luck in the playoffs. That's been proven time and time again.
That must be why we always lose.

We have had no luck since '96.

All the off season moves mean nothing if luck is not on your side.

Give me luck..

not another safety.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Here's a question...............let's say we had a great year and got to the SB..........but lost due to some poor bonehead decisions by Garrett..........do you extend him?

Absolutely not...................Because the simple fact is they will have gotten to the Super Bowl in spite of him to begin with , no doubt.............He's a middle-of-the-road type of HC ; the Cowboys don't win any games because of him , and his conservative style puts too many games into precarious 1 possession determines the outcome situations......................................