Did the Cowboys get the best QB in the draft?

rwalters31

Reaction score
I don't see a lot of comparison between Dak and McNabb.

Now if you said Warren Moon or Steve McNair, then I think you'd be closer.

In a uniform Prescott doesn't resemble McNabb's body type.

And I'll say it right now... I think Prescott throws a better medium ball than McNabb.

rwalters31

Reaction score
I don't see a lot of comparison between Dak and McNabb.

Now if you said Warren Moon or Steve McNair, then I think you'd be closer.

In a uniform Prescott doesn't resemble McNabb's body type.

And I'll say it right now... I think Prescott throws a better medium ball than McNabb.
I believe that you and I are the most correct in who Dak comes closest to and that is Warren Moon.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Lastly, I am going to go off of the script (because you know I like to) and say Showers would actually look very good if he didn't have 3s all around him. I like Showers too.

I wish we could see Showers with the 1s. His arm strength is unbelievable.

And to think a year or two ago people "saw potential" in Dustin Vaughan LMAO.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Player development particularly at QB takes time. Early returns are nice but this is a marathon and not a sprint. Even the phenoms like Roethlisberger and Wilson played simplified and pared down offenses to account for their lack of development early.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Why must an up and coming player always be compared to someone who had come before?

Who does Romo remind you of?

Who cares? He plays the game like few others.

If Dak is the next great in line for this team, that is wonderful news.

Maybe we can just allow Dak to be Dak and not some comparison to some other guy.

office-space.jpg

Yeah, I'm gonna need you to lay off comparing Dak to McNabb. That would be great.
Because it's fun. Ok. Thaaaanks.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Bleu you're talking crazy man
I truly hope Romo stays upright. I do.. Because he gets us deep into the playoffs if that's the case. All this talk though about 2 or 3 more years at the helm though makes my spidey sense tingle.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Best case scenario, Dak gets to hold a clipboard for a couple of years, practices with the 1s on Romo's customary Wednesday off, and gets in to finish games during blowouts. I'm with all of you in hoping for that best case. That said, I'm elated that Dak is showing an early ability to rescue us if Romo goes down. Romo is no longer mobile. That element of his game is gonzo. So I will hope & pray while also giving thanks to whoever pulled the trigger on the Dak decision in the 4th.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I truly hope Romo stays upright. I do.. Because he gets us deep into the playoffs if that's the case. All this talk though about 2 or 3 more years at the helm though makes my spidey sense tingle.
2 seasons seems to be What most people agree on. Some say more but most say at least two. You think Romo is only making through this 16 season plus playoffs then after that he's retiring? Nah bro that don't seem realistic

aikemirv

Reaction score
Best case scenario, Dak gets to hold a clipboard for a couple of years, practices with the 1s on Romo's customary Wednesday off, and gets in to finish games during blowouts. I'm with all of you in hoping for that best case. That said, I'm elated that Dak is showing an early ability to rescue us if Romo goes down. Romo is no longer mobile. That element of his game is gonzo. So I will hope & pray while also giving thanks to whoever pulled the trigger on the Dak decision in the 4th.

Honestly though, backup QB's rarely finish off blowouts. Even if they did, the team would be running the ball. I think the main reason is that fans are so fickle that coaches probably are afraid that a rumored QB controversy will develope if you stick the backup out there.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I've tried to tell y'all dudes.... Romo isn't going to last. I give him one season if we are lucky.... :facepalm::popcorn:

Eddie

Reaction score
Dak is here for 3 years. I have a feeling some other team is going to pull a Brock Osweiler on us if Romo stays upright for that long.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Bleu you're talking crazy man

I think Romo plays this year, next year, and potentially the year after that. It could be 2019 before Dak sees the field on a regular basis. It's a good problem to have though. Dak will get those Wednesday reps and he'll be in there when Romo inevitably misses some time. He'll be ready to rock n roll when Romo hangs 'em up.

Cap ramifications alone will make sure that doesn't happen. If Romo retired after this season it would deal a serious blow to our cap. And if he doesn't retire there is no way in Hell you have a 100 million dollar qb on the bench.

It's a stretch that Romo makes it through this season and one more season? I don't see it.

1 year isn't a perfect world though. It would be more like 2. Because of both the dead money on romos contract, and the fact that the 2nd year on the bench and another full off-season would be very beneficial for Dak. He takes over for Romo no earlier than 2018.
@Jstopper @Heisenberg

Have any of your opinions changed after last night guys? Do you now see the fragility of Romo's nature even behind our world class offensive line. Father time has completely taken one of his strengths. His legs. He's a sitting duck.

We are by far better than most with Romo at the helm. His ability to break down complex defenses is unmatched. But none of that matters if he's unable to be touched. This guy is going downhill fast.... I am seeing the same scenario develop for Romo that originally developed for the QB he replaced.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
@Jstopper @Heisenberg

Have any of your opinions changed after last night guys? Do you now see the fragility of Romo's nature even behind our world class offensive line. Father time has completely taken one of his strengths. His legs. He's a sitting duck.

We are by far better than most with Romo at the helm. His ability to break down complex defenses is unmatched. But none of that matters if he's unable to be touched. This guy is going downhill fast.... I am seeing the same scenario develop for Romo that originally developed for the QB he replaced.

Well, last night sure wasn't encouraging, but I still think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt if he says he's healthy. Having said that, if he gets hurt again for any extended period of time this season, I think he'll seriously consider retirement. And this is the first time since we've had Romo that the idea of not having him doesn't immediately give me nightmares. That's pretty huge.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Well, last night sure wasn't encouraging, but I still think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt if he says he's healthy. Having said that, if he gets hurt again for any extended period of time this season, I think he'll seriously consider retirement. And this is the first time since we've had Romo that the idea of not having him doesn't immediately give me nightmares. That's pretty huge.
Yeah. Same here bud. We've finally hit big on a potential replace event. Now it's just hoping Romo settles back into the saddle at least for one more year and Dak's passion to take over grows with enough stronger.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yeah. Same here bud. We've finally hit big on a potential replacement. Now it's just hoping Romo settles back into the saddle at least for one more year and Dak's passion to take over grows even stronger.
There. FIFY.