Did the Cowboys get the best QB in the draft?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Darius doesn't look like he has good instincts for the position to me.

He is a downhill guy with some speed but as far as creating in the hole and showing vision I haven't seen that.
I'm seeing something different. I'm seeing a guy with the tools that is just getting his feet wet.. a running and pass catching threat with the size to knock you over and the speed to blow by. It'll be interesting.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I don't see a lot of comparison between Dak and McNabb.

Now if you said Warren Moon or Steve McNair, then I think you'd be closer.

In a uniform Prescott doesn't resemble McNabb's body type.

And I'll say it right now... I think Prescott throws a better medium ball than McNabb.
Yes or No Dak would be the starter in Denver this year?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Dunno.

Ask me after their 4th preseason game.

Lynch looked really nice, yesterday. Calm and collected in the pocket, made his progressions/reads more often than not. Throws a really nice ball (out-routes really stood out), maybe he sees 1st team next week so we can really see his prowess?

Sanchez was awful, Simian meh (some in Denver liked him)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yes or No Dak would be the starter in Denver this year?
Easily yes for those of us that view the glass half full. The glass half empty folks (or shall I say just glass halfway - middle ground perspective) will take a little longer to come around. It's basic human nature.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Easily yes for those of us that view the glass half full. The glass half empty folks (or shall I say just glass halfway - middle ground perspective) will take a little longer to come around. It's basic human nature.

I'm a glass halfway kinda guy and I take Dak! :)

Macnalty

Reaction score
Wow Mac, that is reaching at this stage after 2 halfs of preseason games

And I tend to be glass half full.:D
I agree after two starts, but go ahead and answer the question to yourself. He would be the starter week one in Denver. I think it says more about the dearth of real talent at QB. We certainly can understand that dilemma after the crew we brought in last year after Tony went down.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I think even the pessimists will have to agree with you on this one. The lack of skilled talent at QB is showing. I agree on a team with a legitimate QB he is a backup mostly because he is a rookie and only has two games in his quiver. I promise you both LA, and Philly are both bent about missing out on him especially considering what we have seen when their rooks are on the field. I do give credit to the OLine.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Lynch looked really nice, yesterday. Calm and collected in the pocket, made his progressions/reads more often than not. Throws a really nice ball (out-routes really stood out), maybe he sees 1st team next week so we can really see his prowess?

Sanchez was awful, Simian meh (some in Denver liked him)
He has not outplayed Dak, and did play well this last game.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I think even the pessimists will have to agree with you on this one. The lack of skilled talent at QB is showing. I agree on a team with a legitimate QB he is a backup mostly because he is a rookie and only has two games in his quiver. I promise you both LA, and Philly are both bent about missing out on him especially considering what we have seen when their rooks are on the field. I do give credit to the OLine.
I'm a perfect world, Dak would have one year to sit behind one of the best in the game and learn all of the intricacies that come with the package. In a perfect world, Romo stays upright all season. I'm hoping for that because I firmly believe we found our long term replacement at QB and believe that a year taking it all in would be major in his development.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I want nothing more than for Dak to be the best in this class. What Cowboy fan wouldn't.
But anyone saying they know this true already is really being incredibly short sighted.

Come on guys. It almost sounds you've written some these guys off when they are possibly only 1% into their NfL careers.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I can't quite put my finger on it, but Dak reminds a bit of Big Ben. He's not nearly as big, but something about his movement and pocket presence. He's only 6'2", but he seems to play bigger than that.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I want nothing more than for Dak to be the best in this class. What Cowboy fan wouldn't.
But anyone saying they know this true already is really being incredibly short sighted.

Come on guys. It almost sounds you've written some these guys off when they are possibly only 1% into their NfL careers.
Like you I suspect I have written off many more with less than 1% to evaluate this one stands out in his demeanor in the game. No deer in the headlights like our veteran backups of 2015. Is he the Romo heir, I hope so, at this point he is securely on the path of taking and drafting a QB off the table in 2017, there are no guarantees in this business, at this point in time he fills every check box.

Scotman

Reaction score
I've read all the comparisons, but Dak reminds me more of Romo than anyone else. Not physically, but game play. He seems smart and aware. He moves really well in the pocket. He throws first and runs second. And he elevates the play of those around him.