Did the Cowboys Peak Too Early?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
In other words, you're counting on a losing streak instead of them bouncing back just because they had a bad game.

That's a terrible mentality to have but whatever floats your boat man.
You have to admit the injuries are mounting. It's getting to the point of being overwhelming. :eek:

nobody

Reaction score
You have to admit the injuries are mounting. It's getting to the point of being overwhelming. :eek:

It happens to every team. It's concerning but let's see how well they deal with the adversity before going into panic mode. :)

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I appreciate your passion for the Cowboys. I too believe this team just had a bad day and will recover to do great things. But I was in a dark mood so I proposed an alternate possibility than what I'm seeing. Call it playing Devil's advocate. ;)

i hear you Joe....we see many teams start off barn burners only to whimper out later in season....i dont think at all this years cowboys is that team....just hoping they can fix O line so Dak has time

still dont understrand rational to keep Steele LT when Collins played LT in college and is left handed its much for natural for him...althought the film showed Collins getting beat and going down on ground

at RT....also we need to insert McGovern he is stronger and does not get pushed back...put him at LG for other connor...also why not try connor at LT...that was his bread and butter at OSU...not strong but

quick footed....i just think in all honestly we could be more creative in our O line adjustments...if nothing else give help for the tackles so they are not left on island?...but what do i know?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Was the Cowboys comeback win on the road against the Vikes the highpoint of the season? Was Dak's winning TD pass in OT on the road against the Pats the highlight of his season? What this team put on tape with Dak against the Broncos was shameful. All of you homers out there think it was an anomaly and won't happen again but what if you're wrong? What if that is all the Cowboys are capable of for the rest of the season. If they are capable of doing that, they are capable of repeating it, game after game. This could be the greatest collapse in Cowboys history. 6-11 won't win the division. :(

Wow. They lost a game. This is a conversation we don't need to have until they maybe actually lose a couple in a row and probably not even then.

Aven8

Reaction score
Peak? We haven’t even played a clean game. We’ve been winning lately with over 100 yards in penalties. Haven’t even had a TO in two weeks. Our peak will come but we need to keep winning in the meantime. If the O plays it’s game and doesn’t turnover the ball we will be tough to beat.

Loso86

Reaction score
Was the Cowboys comeback win on the road against the Vikes the highpoint of the season? Was Dak's winning TD pass in OT on the road against the Pats the highlight of his season? What this team put on tape with Dak against the Broncos was shameful. All of you homers out there think it was an anomaly and won't happen again but what if you're wrong? What if that is all the Cowboys are capable of for the rest of the season. If they are capable of doing that, they are capable of repeating it, game after game. This could be the greatest collapse in Cowboys history. 6-11 won't win the division. :(
No, if that's the case the other teams that lost to bad teams did as well

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I keep trying to act like the NFL is what I grew up on, but it's not. There's a lot of parity, and one could argue that the Pats are the only dynasty since those Boys-49ers-GB-Denver days. So as much as we hate to admit it, there probably is something to just getting hot at the right time. See every Super Bowl winner the last 20 years minus the Pats. LOL

Watching the games last week, then last night with the Fins destroying the Ravens, it's like Aikman says: "Every team is just 1-2 injuries away from a flipped record." Here's the good news if you think the hot streaks are everything - peaking very early means you still have time to peak very late. Especially when all the banged up players, active or not, start to come back. Also avoids the bye week which I hate unless you are a proven dynasty. I'm in the Jimmy Johnson school of thought that bye weeks are just more reasons to get worried about complacency and players screwing around.

plasticman

Reaction score
Let me assure you, that wouldn't be the greatest collapse in their history. I was there for that and ,wow, that was painful! To understand why this season couldn't compare you have to look at the context.

That season was a shock for a team and their fans because it was sudden after so many successful years. Also, some very exciting talent had been added to the team in the offseason.

I'm not going to describe it. Anybody who cares to find out can look it up. I will mention one thing. It happened to a 6-2 start.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
No, just the ups and downs of a long season, but injuries are a concern

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Let me assure you, that wouldn't be the greatest collapse in their history. I was there for that and ,wow, that was painful! To understand why this season couldn't compare you have to look at the context.

That season was a shock for a team and their fans because it was sudden after so many successful years. Also, some very exciting talent had been added to the team in the offseason.

I'm not going to describe it. Anybody who cares to find out can look it up. I will mention one thing. It happened to a 6-2 start.
If it happened to a 6-2 team, then our 6-2 team with a 17 game season can surpass the collapse of the team you're talking about. It's simple math. ;)

fivetwos

Reaction score

I remember it.

One thing I didn't think of until now....Coach never really rebounded from that. 87 was meh and 88 was miserable enough to earn the top pick (Aikman)

Didn't Danny White break his wrist? I think that played into it but I could be wrong.

When Hogeboom and Pelluer weren't the answers at QB, it became problematic.

I wonder if Hogeboom was stud if the Cowboys ever get sold when they did. Interesting thought.

GMO415

Reaction score
Peak? We're getting impactful players back. We haven't started yet.