Did the Cowboys Peak Too Early?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I feel cheated. Is this all we are going to get for $40 million a year?
Why do you feel cheated. didn’t cost you anything . You come out and totally admit you hate him anyways. So.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
No. I believe they have more potential than what they've shown and haven't put "all" together
yet. I really hope that's just not a line or wishful thinking, but reality.

Every now and then the circuit breaker goes off, does your house need a total remodel, nah, just reset,
and hope no further damage.

They have enough fire power as a whole team to compete at a fairly high level as they go through
this critical stage with more key players getting injured.

The remaining November games will tell us, however, how good a team we have. If we're good, than, or regardless, December we fight for our playoff seed.

We pray to the Lord.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No. I believe they have more potential than what they've shown and haven't put "all" together
yet. I really hope that's just not a line or wishful thinking, but reality.

Every now and then the circuit breaker goes off, does your house need a total remodel, nah, just reset,
and hope no further damage.

They have enough fire power as a whole team to compete at a fairly high level as they go through
this critical stage with more key players getting injured.

The remaining November games will tell us, however, how good a team we have. If we're good, than, or regardless, December we fight for our playoff seed.

We pray to the Lord.
Nah, the mounting injuries are just too overwhelming.

RonWashington

Reaction score
What’s “ peaking too early “ ? Aren’t you supposed to just win baby ? I’m reminded of the 84 Detroit Tigers peaked at 35-5 start then won a WS .

Yeah I want more “ peaking “

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Well I guess we should just forfeit the rest of the season.

What a doom and gloom post. Yikes.

willia451

Reaction score
Was the Cowboys comeback win on the road against the Vikes the highpoint of the season?

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

See? I can just ask a question if I have nothing real to share. What? Are you getting paid by the quad?

Trying your wares out for a school project?

Pro tip. Bury the story. Don't bring it in the headline. That's the new thing to get more clicks.

Like. "Don't take my word for it. Peaking at the right time is about this 1 thing".

Then you go on to explain in a few words why they don't have it. All BS. But it got a click. And you got paid.

You're welcome.

Don't make me have to explain this to you again.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

See? I can just ask a question if I have nothing real to share. What? Are you getting paid by the quad?

Trying your wares out for a school project?

Pro tip. Bury the story. Don't bring it in the headline. That's the new thing to get more clicks.

Like. "Don't take my word for it. Peaking at the right time is about this 1 thing".

Then you go on to explain in a few words why they don't have it. All BS. But it got a click. And you got paid.

You're welcome.

Don't make me have to explain this to you again.
I've been advocating civil discourse all week because a small few of the members of CZ are just getting too rude to each other. Thank you for being an example of the rudeness I'm talking about. This forum can do better and it does do better most of the time. I appreciate the effort that most of you CZers make to keep these pages interesting yet civil. Salud!

Mark

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the Cowboys...they'll be back in stride this coming week to beat down the Falcons in the style to which we've become accustomed this season. The DEN "debacle" was the most blatant, shameless example of a "rigged" NFL game I've seen in fifty years...and they didn't even bother to use the officials to do it. With perhaps one notable exception, EVERY SINGLE PLAYER on the DAL side of the ball underperformed - non-performed, really - to a ridiculous degree that defies all statistical probability. MVP-candidate QB wildly under- and over-throwing like he started playing the position yesterday. Multiple top-tier receivers dropping balls thrown into their breadbaskets on third downs. Tacklers letting go of ball carriers, or simply hopping on their backs for a 7-yd. ride downfield. The acting was terrible, but the NFC East was otherwise out of hand by mid-season, which is bad for business. Anyone who thinks the NFL possesses a whit more integrity than the WWF is dreaming. It's not a "sport," it's "entertainment."

Gorgon

Reaction score
Was the Cowboys comeback win on the road against the Vikes the highpoint of the season? Was Dak's winning TD pass in OT on the road against the Pats the highlight of his season? What this team put on tape with Dak against the Broncos was shameful. All of you homers out there think it was an anomaly and won't happen again but what if you're wrong? What if that is all the Cowboys are capable of for the rest of the season. If they are capable of doing that, they are capable of repeating it, game after game. This could be the greatest collapse in Cowboys history. 6-11 won't win the division. :(
Don't know what team you were watching. Dallas all season has had trouble stopping the run with perhaps two exceptions. I have repeatedly commented on their terrible tackling. Diggs made up for it with takeaways, but you can't get those every game, particularly if the other guys are keeping it on the ground.

Also, I just wonder how much Tyron Smith being out just screws everything up. You would think "well, they can run right," but O-line play is so incredibly interrelated that I can't help but think his absence makes everything worse.
Behind Dak and Martin, he may well be our MVP.

In the meantime, better learn to tackle guys.

Batman1980

Reaction score
If you think the Cowboys have peaked at 6-2, I hope you pay attention to the rest of this longest season ever.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
What’s “ peaking too early “ ? Aren’t you supposed to just win baby ? I’m reminded of the 84 Detroit Tigers peaked at 35-5 start then won a WS .

Yeah I want more “ peaking “

At the half way point no less.

I do find it amusing that there is now this smug zeitgeist that is swirling around that we need to start thinking about the length of the season and so on.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Don't know what team you were watching. Dallas all season has had trouble stopping the run with perhaps two exceptions. I have repeatedly commented on their terrible tackling. Diggs made up for it with takeaways, but you can't get those every game, particularly if the other guys are keeping it on the ground.

Also, I just wonder how much Tyron Smith being out just screws everything up. You would think "well, they can run right," but O-line play is so incredibly interrelated that I can't help but think his absence makes everything worse.
Behind Dak and Martin, he may well be our MVP.

In the meantime, better learn to tackle guys.
Did you see me say something contrary to what you just said? You even have additional good points. Thanks for posting. :thumbup:

nobody

Reaction score
Did the Cowboys go on a losing streak and I didn't notice? It was one game.

Grenic

Reaction score
My issue is the pattern. How many years have we come out and looked formidable only to falter when it gets tough? This goes back to Jerry and the circus he loves to run. It's a distraction and allows our team to think they are better than they are. This game on Sunday will be telling. If we come out and take it to ATL, then I'll continue to feel that this team is different than past Cowboys teams. IF we let ATL hang around, then I am going to start thinking that this team is no different than the past 13-3 teams.
1000% right

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Was the Cowboys comeback win on the road against the Vikes the highpoint of the season? Was Dak's winning TD pass in OT on the road against the Pats the highlight of his season? What this team put on tape with Dak against the Broncos was shameful. All of you homers out there think it was an anomaly and won't happen again but what if you're wrong? What if that is all the Cowboys are capable of for the rest of the season. If they are capable of doing that, they are capable of repeating it, game after game. This could be the greatest collapse in Cowboys history. 6-11 won't win the division. :(

dear Joe for a week or so i had similar thought....and i know you are a cowboy true fan through and through regardless of what some haters may say......of course we want to fire on all cylinders last quarter of season

heading into playoffs.....but i feel good we layed egg against broncos this early...also considering we just have not had giood fortune against Broncos since our last win against them was 1995.....i love attitude of whole

team....they dont like hte loss but all are saying it is a great learning experience.....even not having Randy Gregoy for few weeks we have enough fire power including Anae whom i really like...to crumble O lines

attempting to protect QB's....our DC will have a whole different scheme set up for sunday early game....and Dak is on total take no prisoners mission this week....i would even give Falcons 15 and we still cover

that spread decidingly

nobody

Reaction score
All losing streaks start with one game.

In other words, you're counting on a losing streak instead of them bouncing back just because they had a bad game.

That's a terrible mentality to have but whatever floats your boat man.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
dear Joe for a week or so i had similar thought....and i know you are a cowboy true fan through and through regardless of what some haters may say......of course we want to fire on all cylinders last quarter of season

heading into playoffs.....but i feel good we layed egg against broncos this early...also considering we just have not had giood fortune against Broncos since our last win against them was 1995.....i love attitude of whole

team....they dont like hte loss but all are saying it is a great learning experience.....even not having Randy Gregoy for few weeks we have enough fire power including Anae whom i really like...to crumble O lines

attempting to protect QB's....our DC will have a whole different scheme set up for sunday early game....and Dak is on total take no prisoners mission this week....i would even give Falcons 15 and we still cover

that spread decidingly
I appreciate your passion for the Cowboys. I too believe this team just had a bad day and will recover to do great things. But I was in a dark mood so I proposed an alternate possibility than what I'm seeing. Call it playing Devil's advocate. ;)