News: Did the Dallas Cowboys find an undrafted defensive gem?

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Getting a Will McClay tattoo over the weekend.

Sounds about right, you need to cover up this one for the upcoming season...
A2VO5Wx.jpg
:muttley:

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
You ever been belly to belly suplexed into a Cowboys bean bag?

Keep talking.

Hasn't everyone.

Hey maybe I just like LBers, especially ones with all the skilz to be effective on the next level.

Don't go flexing about 6ft being too short for an NFL LBer. I'll have to put you in the Iron Claw and force feed you a Jerry Jones Bobble Head.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's scarcely a year that goes by where somebody totally unexpected shows up to become a delightful surprise. There doesn't appear to be too much question that this LB, Joe Jones, has some good attributes and measurables for the Cowboys to consider.

It does sound like all that remains to be seen is to put him to the test in TC and beyond for the staff to decide if he's someone worthy of making the team or not. Here's hoping he's altogether as promising as Gil Brandt seems to believe he could be. Nice to hear. :)

Last edited:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
This reminds me of when Garretts dad was gushing over Todd Lowbar i believe..

2008 WR Todd Lowber and 2012 WR Saalim Akim:

The 2008 “Hard Knocks” chronicled the story of WR Todd Lowber’s attempt to become an NFL wide receiver. His athletic ability really stood out but he had almost no experience at playing football. Jim Garrett, former Cowboys scout and father of current head coach Jason Garrett, was big on the upside potential of the athletic Lowber in the “Hard Knocks” series.

Lowber was a high jump champ with great speed but his lack of football experience caused him to be cut by the Cowboys in the final cuts that year.

Lowber ended up in the Canadian Football League with the Toronto Argonauts where in 2009 he suffered a serious concussion while returning a kick. Later in 2009, he was released by the Argonauts. Currently he is a free agent.

https://dallascowboysdishingthereal...wboys-2008-undrafted-rookies-similar-to-2012/

There was more to it in the show or some articles about how Jim thought the Cowboys got a great WR, turned out to be nothing.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does sound like an interesting prospect. If he would of been invited to the combine and posted his people day numbers, he would of been drafted

I reviewed a couple of Northwestern games from last season and he did not appear to be starting. He was #42 if anybody else wants to watch him.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Lucas Wacha is just as good an athlete, but longer. And while he was an even smaller school guy, he was even more productive than Joe Jones. Nzeocha, Wacha, Jones are all in the mold of the SS/LB hybrid that is currently all the rage.

Darren Woodson would have made a ton of money in this era.

When I saw this guys 40 times, I was thinking safety depth.....

Reactions: BAT

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone cares about size until they have a Mathieu on their roster
Sometimes lack of size is not a problem with ability but can be a problem with injuries.

Bob Sanders for example.

Mathieu blew out his left ACL and LCL in 2013 and blew out his right ACL in 2015. It could be just back luck or it could be that he a small guy that plays like a big guy.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I prefer the new age quints -

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/**/aa/**/afaaaf1049f8a19bcdfd172f8aa62ce8.jpg

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I keep hearing this guy's name being brought up more and more. I'm curious to find out more about him. I think that the 6th linebacker spot on this roster could be up for grabs. The team could look to move on from Kyle Wilber.
I was thinking the exact same thing, stash. If this kid's speed can translate to recognition and in game instinct, Wilber may need to start looking over his shoulder.