News: Did the Dallas Cowboys find an undrafted defensive gem?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Lucas Wacha is just as good an athlete, but longer. And while he was an even smaller school guy, he was even more productive than Joe Jones. Nzeocha, Wacha, Jones are all in the mold of the SS/LB hybrid that is currently all the rage.

Darren Woodson would have made a ton of money in this era.
I'm really pulling for Wacha (and Nzeocha), also, but for selfish motives. I'm always pulling for my Wyoming Cowboys. I was really hoping that they would have brought in Tanner (WR) as an UDFA. He was picked up by the Bears and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he makes the team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm aware, thats why I think it is interesting they have him listed at 298

Team rosters have been very inaccurate over the years. The weights are often wrong because players will often tell their current weight in interviews. The Cowboys roster has often had players listed at the wrong position for an entire year.

Eddie

Reaction score
Totally amazing !! We're finding gems and we haven't played a single game yet ! Oh yeah !!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Totally amazing !! We're finding gems and we haven't played a single game yet ! Oh yeah !!

Complain about a lack of talent on the roster, but when there is a positive bend to acquisitions...complain about that too.

Verdict

Reaction score
I keep hearing this guy's name being brought up more and more. I'm curious to find out more about him. I think that the 6th linebacker spot on this roster could be up for grabs. The team could look to move on from Kyle Wilber.

I agree that Wilbur should be on the chopping block if we have any significant level of improvement at linebacker. He is a very marginal player. Jack of all trades, master of none.

His special teams play must be what is keeping him on the roster. We should be able to save a little bit of cap room by moving on from him too.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I look at some of these LB that are not what some would consider traditional LB and can't help but think of Woodson who was a college LB yet was drafted by Dallas to be a safety

Was thinking the same thing....You just don't see that anymore.

Difference between this kid and Woodson....Woodson was a true 4.4 40yrd....LBer. He had the speed. Don't know if this kid has the wheels or not....but since we are loaded @ Lber...might be his best shot to make it @ SS.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Sounds about right, you need to cover up this one for the upcoming season...
A2VO5Wx.jpg
:muttley:
:muttley::muttley::muttley:

aikemirv

Reaction score
When people rise on draft boards because their times are good at the combine, I begin to wonder why scouts watch game film!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When people rise on draft boards because their times are good at the combine, I begin to wonder why scouts watch game film!
I think most of the rise/fall issues are the media "scouts" not the actual NFL scouts.