Did the Eagles really HOLD BACK and why would they ? *Merge*

garyv

Reaction score
Did the Eagles really HOLD BACK and why would they ? I read an article talks about how the Eagles did try to Win without showing much however in my view that doesn't make a ton of sense and this should make the Cowboys even more want to wipe the turf with them because of the excuse. In my view the Eagles could have become the #2 Seed and get a Bye with some Home Games and with only one chance to play on the road that being against the Saints who are the #1 Seed. I'm not so sure but I do expect a different Eagles Team next Week with more runs, down field plays and a more fierce pass rush. We just have to play hard and come at them like a freight train......

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
No they didn't hold back.

Anybody that says that is either an Eagles fan or a Cowboys fan with an agenda.

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
To me they was trying.. u could see in there faces they was trying..
garyv;3197201 said:
Did the Eagles really HOLD BACK and why would they ? I read an article talks about how the Eagles did try to Win without showing much however in my view that doesn't make a ton of sense and this should make the Cowboys even more want to wipe the turf with them because of the excuse. In my view the Eagles could have become the #2 Seed and get a Bye with some Home Games and with only one chance to play on the road that being against the Saints who are the #1 Seed. I'm not so sure but I do expect a different Eagles Team next Week with more runs, down field plays and a more fierce pass rush. We just have to play hard and come at them like a freight train......

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Nothing more than a pathetic attempt to minimize the embarrassment.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
No, they didn't. It's merely apologists for Philadelphia.

Holding back when you've got a bye week on the line as well as home-field throughout the playoffs until the NFC Championship game is ridiculous to even remotely suggest. The Eagles are the lesser football team at this point in the season. We are peaking, and they are being exposed. No Brian Westbrook = one-dimensional, big play offense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
lol we beat Philly so bad people are actually grasping at this today.

Nav22

Reaction score
They held back, alright. Bent over and held their rear ends back as far as they could.

Gadfly22

Reaction score
Hold back? With a #2 seed and home field on the line?

Nope.

However, I do expect to see a different approach next week. They have to establish some kind of running game, which they'll have an easier time doing if the Cowboys don't jump out to an early lead like yesterday.

But Reid isn't crazy or dumb, so he sure didn't want yesterday to turn out the way it did.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Unlikely. They just got their butts beat. Its a fans way of spinning. They can't blame the refs for this one, so its the team isn't trying.

gmb85

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe the Cowboys are the better team? No...that can't be. :rolleyes:

adamknite

Reaction score
It's silly to believe for a second that the Eagles held back the entire game... they had a lot to play for. We beat them, we beat them bad, end of story.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Such a ridiculous excuse. Holding back. Holding back what? What are the egals going to show Dallas they haven't seen in the past 10 yrs with Reid as the egals HC.

The pickle juice bowl is long and gone. No suprise onside kick or a healthy YOUNG Westbrook back there. The Cowboys are just the BETTER TEAM.

The media idiots, some Cowboys fans and egals fans have to face the truth.

Dallas knocked the piss out of the egals yesterday. And need to do it again next Saturday.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Nav22;3197218 said:
They held back, alright. Bent over and held their rear ends back as far as they could.

:lmao:

It might be some sort of comfort for Eagles fans to think this and it might even sound good if they manage to win on Saturday, but the reality is, they aren't the Colts with their playoff fortunes already sealed.

In some convoluted theory, it might make sense to hold back for a future meeting, but in reality there are too many variables to think you'll just get 'em next time. An injury in practice; an early game injury; losing out on a possible bye/home field advantage.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
They were not holding back but certainly did not blitz as much as the first game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the #2 seed, a week off, and home field unless they had to play the Saints?

Not a chance.

And anyone bringing it up is talking out their backside.

There is no case you could make for this being remotely true, starting with the fact that McNabb and all of the starters played right to the end.

The Eagles had plenty on the line and got it handed to them, plain and simple.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
garyv;3197201 said:

I don't think the eagles held back. I do think there are things they will try to do differently then again Dallas did some things different in this past game than we did in game one vs them. Personally I think these 2 teams know each other well enough to know neither team is going to throw something at the other team that we have not seen before from them. Philly can only change so much they are who they are and will not deviate too much from how they have been able to win 11 games.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Are you kidding!?!?! Of course they were holding back. The score was 24-0 when they started holding back, but none the less, they held back. ;)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sour grapes. 24-0 > 44-6 because they didn't hand it to us the way we handed it to them last year. The Cowboys ran it down their throats and thwarted everything they tried to do. The Eagles made some mistakes, but so did the Cowboys, yet Dallas still posted the shutout. And as the Maclin play at the end proved, we are in their heads.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm hoping they hold back some more as to shine in the pro bowl.