Did the Eagles really HOLD BACK and why would they ? *Merge*

robjgrif

Reaction score
garyv;3197201 said:
Did the Eagles really HOLD BACK and why would they ? I read an article talks about how the Eagles did try to Win without showing much however in my view that doesn't make a ton of sense and this should make the Cowboys even more want to wipe the turf with them because of the excuse. In my view the Eagles could have become the #2 Seed and get a Bye with some Home Games and with only one chance to play on the road that being against the Saints who are the #1 Seed. I'm not so sure but I do expect a different Eagles Team next Week with more runs, down field plays and a more fierce pass rush. We just have to play hard and come at them like a freight train......

The E-girls did not hold back and Dallas just needs to mop the floor with them next week to prove it. :laugh1:

gmb85

Reaction score
Unless we turn the ball over a gazillion times, we should beat the Iggles again.

DaninMS

Reaction score
Joe Realist;3197239 said:
They were not holding back but certainly did not blitz as much as the first game.

I read the Philly D coordinator stated they pulled back on the blitzes because they were having problems stopping the run. They seemed to pick it up in the 2nd half but by then the game was out of reach.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaninMS;3197328 said:
I read the Philly D coordinator stated they pulled back on the blitzes because they were having problems stopping the run. They seemed to pick it up in the 2nd half but by then the game was out of reach.

well that second half run by Felix help put the game away.

Aikbach

Reaction score
They were trying up until the point it was 24-0, then they might have quit but that's not holding back, that's quitting.

yimyammer

Reaction score
It makes absolutely no sense given how much they stood to benefit from the win.

Having said that, the Eagles looked nothing like I'm accustomed to seeing and I was stunned at the lack of blitzes in the 1st half.

Even though it's completely illogical, I guess there's a little part of me that believes this because I'm still stunned by how much Dallas dominated them.

anava

Reaction score
I hope the media says this all week. The Boys need to keep that chip on their shoulders.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
DaninMS;3197328 said:

That's what I call, pick your poison. :)

I think Saturday the Eagles will try to establish McCoy and Weaver, hoping that opens up their passing game. But I don't know if the Eagles are a patient team. We'll see.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3197248 said:
I don't think the eagles held back. I do think there are things they will try to do differently then again Dallas did some things different in this past game than we did in game one vs them. Personally I think these 2 teams know each other well enough to know neither team is going to throw something at the other team that we have not seen before from them. Philly can only change so much they are who they are and will not deviate too much from how they have been able to win 11 games.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them throw in flee fickler early in the game to get us to back off a little on DeSean Jackson.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
tyke1doe;3197389 said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see them throw in flee fickler early in the game to get us to back off a little on DeSean Jackson.

That might be the case. I'm betting Andy came in to this game with a ton of respect for Wade's defense. They probably felt they had to play completely honest against our D and didn't attempt any trickery, with good reason. I think 1 reverse attempt, no Vick Wildcat or whatever, it was just straight up playing and they got whipped.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The Eagles first offensive play was a reverse to DeSean Jackson. You don't do that if you are holding back.

They didn't blitz in the first half. Some may see that as holding back, but I thought it was a strategy to change things up from the first match up when they blitzed like crazy. They thought it might confuse Dallas and have the Cowboys jumping at shadows. It didn't work and they returned to blitzing in the second half. That is not holding back.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
Hell no, they didn't hold back! That is nothing more than a pathetic kindergarten excuse...."well, we let you win. So, there!"

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss;3197802 said:
The Eagles first offensive play was a reverse to DeSean Jackson. You don't do that if you are holding back.

They didn't blitz in the first half. Some may see that as holding back, but I thought it was a strategy to change things up from the first match up when they blitzed like crazy. They thought it might confuse Dallas and have the Cowboys jumping at shadows. It didn't work and they returned to blitzing in the second half. That is not holding back.

Romo said in the post game that even though Philly did not blitz as much as they did in the 1st meeting they still blitz more than any other team we face.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Only fools would even attempt to claim, with a straight face, that they held things back, and didn't try to win, given that they could have had the 2nd seed and a bye. They didn't give up a shot at that just to keep from showing Dallas anything just in case they played again.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I doubt about holding back, but they did play a style that I was not anticipating. I expected a lot more blitzing and being more physical with receivers. Thats the approach I expect to see next week. The team we saw yesterday is not them. It will be a dog fight next week.

kmd24

Reaction score
Not only did they not hold back, they were trying like hell not to get shut out.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
They didn't hold back.

They was whupped by a better team with better athletes.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The Eagles didn't hold anything back yesterday... If anything, We spearheaded the moving forward and the holding back. They couldn't deal with a very well prepared Boys team that executed a near flawless game plan. You best believe Philly would much rather be playing at the Linc this weekend. Period! Any mediot assuming that they did hold back is severely impaired by the funny smoke.