Did the Eagles really HOLD BACK and why would they ? *Merge*

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
I've seen this question here on the forum for awhile today and it's utterly ridiculous.

My question is "Why would they" To give us more confidence????:confused:

If So ,They succeeded:):eagles:

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
The only thing they tried to hold back were tears after getting punched in the nose.

Their body language after the Felix TD was priceless.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Feel free to merge mods. I didn't see the thread that's now above mine. :D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Mosley is saying right now that some people in Philly associated with the team are claiming off the record that they *did* hold back some things.

But even Mosley knows that's absurd.

It's probably a good sign that some of them are looking for an alibi like this instead of manning up and admitting they just got whipped.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact is the Eagles are a big-play offense that have a mediocre defense.

They aren't that difficult to defend or to score on.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bleu Star;3198082 said:
The Eagles didn't hold anything back yesterday... If anything, We spearheaded the moving forward and the holding back. They couldn't deal with a very well prepared Boys team that executed a near flawless game plan. You best believe Philly would much rather be playing at the Linc this weekend. Period! Any mediot assuming that they did hold back is severely impaired by the funny smoke.

I agree Philly did not hold back but honestly I don't think we played our best. Dallas had 11 penalties in that game and even though we were able to overcome some of them others hurt us from putting up more points. I would hope we can clean up some of those mistakes in this upcoming game.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Even the nutjobs on WIP radio won't say that they were vanilla. Nobody throws away the 2nd seed to play "vanilla" to be the 6th.

The very mention of it is psychotic at best.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
All these talking heads like Colin Cowherd that are saying the Eagles held back by not blitzing are convenienly leaving out the fact that Romo repeatedly torched the Eagles blitz the first time they played. The Eagles weren't holding back, they were just trying plan B because plan A didn't work earlier in the season. All the talking heads are well aware of this but they have to try and drum up some kind of drama because it involves the Cowboys.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Don't let it get to you. They either know they're being stupid or they are stupid. Forget all the on the field stuff. A home playoff game generates millions of dollars for the home team. Do you think Lurie would allow then to just toss away the 2nd seed and a guaranteed home playoff game, maybe two? No chance. No coach or team lays down with the 2nd seed and division title on the line. Dallas punked them and thats it!

joseephuss

Reaction score
The Eagles Jeremy Maclin held back in his arms when he saw Hamlin coming his way. I guess that is what everyone is referring to when it comes to the Eagles holding things back.

That and Andy Reid has held on to a few pounds that he supposedly lost in the off season. He doesn't look any smaller to me.

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
I've heard that people, especially in Philly is saying they held back. That must be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Yeah, let's play bad and have the Cowboys think they can beat us again instead of playing hard, winning, and getting a bye.

Makes total sense.

Anyone sense my sarcasm?

Oh yeah, bye bye Sheridan!!!!

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
Bleu Star;3198082 said:
The Eagles didn't hold anything back yesterday...

Yes, they did! It's so obvious they didn't play "eagles football". Why do you think they laid off the blitzing? Everyone knows the Cowboys can't pick up their blitz. Just look at the first game this season for proof. In fact, I think they threw the game. Reid, McNadd & the bozos had money on this game and they tanked it on purpose. Mr Godell needs to look into this pronto!

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
Tom [Giants fan];3198140 said:
I've heard that people, especially in Philly is saying they held back. That must be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Yeah, let's play bad and have the Cowboys think they can beat us again instead of playing hard, winning, and getting a bye.

Makes total sense.

Anyone sense my sarcasm?

Oh yeah, bye bye Sheridan!!!!

Dreaming about Spags are you?:D

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Some in the media are saying the Eagles held back which is a joke.

They are saying once the Cowboys got far enough ahead the decision was made to pull back. So in other words they are saying they quit? LOL

The Eagles probably did not blitz very much in the first half because Tony was so good against it the first time they played.

Would any team lay down and not play all out for this?

- #2 seed
- Home field
- Division crown
- A week off
- OL injuries -- time to work on the two position changes

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Cowboys22;3198126 said:
Don't let it get to you. They either know they're being stupid or they are stupid. Forget all the on the field stuff. A home playoff game generates millions of dollars for the home team. Do you think Lurie would allow then to just toss away the 2nd seed and a guaranteed home playoff game, maybe two? No chance. No coach or team lays down with the 2nd seed and division title on the line. Dallas punked them and thats it!

If all that was on the line was a home playoff game, I could see the Eagles possibly not being motivated, because a rematch with Dallas would be automatic (good reason not to show everything) and they are a passing team, which you can better do in a warmer climate.

However, with a bye on the line (one less game to play to reach the Super Bowl), there is no way the Eagles tanked the game. I do think when the outcome was no longer in doubt, they kept some things in the closet that they might have pulled out in a closer game. But Dallas probably did too.

jimmy40

Reaction score
All three of the repeat games went the way you had to know they would. One team gets up and the other quits till next week. We'll see if the quitters can come back.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
If I had a chance to play at Cowboys Stadium instead of that sorry Fed-Ex field two weeks in a row and keep from looking at those ugly people in their stands, I would hold back too.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Yea, they held back because they wanted that coveted # 6 seed over the # 2 seed. They wanted to have to play 3 road games to get to the Super Bowl. Anyone that actually states the Buzzards held back is an idiot.

4miler

Reaction score
They did hold back but so did we by not getting RW involved. Just wait...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Go Big D!;3198146 said:
Yes, they did! It's so obvious they didn't play "eagles football". Why do you think they laid off the blitzing? Everyone knows the Cowboys can't pick up their blitz. Just look at the first game this season for proof. In fact, I think they threw the game. Reid, McNadd & the bozos had money on this game and they tanked it on purpose. Mr Godell needs to look into this pronto!

:muttley: I see what you did there.